• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The next test for DH

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU should be another great test. They have an offense that doesn't seem to have missed much. Hill may be a little more inconsistent than Boykin. But, obviously... he is doing good things there.

TCU's defense has really been a disappointment. They gave up 470 yds to KU in their last game... almost 350 through the air. Hopefully, Patterson doesn't get his boys straightened out this Saturday.

Would love to see WVU take them Horned Frogs to the woodshed.

Got your wish!

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we sign this guy already? WTF is Lyons doing at this point.

In church or where ever he prays hoping the wheels come off so he doesn't have to be backed into a corner!

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ers...have been pretty quiet. I know a plethora of them from the area I'm from...and you barely know they are undefeated. I guess they are waiting for the other shoe to drop.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Campus police found a sacrificed goat and chicken blood and bones on the 50 yard line Mylan Puskar Stadium. The Dana voodoo doll was found burned, sitting on top of a Red Bull can, and placed on where Morgantown would be on the state outline of West Virginia on the playing surface. When the AD Department was asked about, No Balls was heard saying 'Those damn kids. I really don't know who would do something like this'.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lyons ain't no dummy, this team hasn't played more than 2 games in a row all season yet. He's letting the season play out a bit before making a commitment like that.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ers...have been pretty quiet. I know a plethora of them from the area I'm from...and you barely know they are undefeated. I guess they are waiting for the other shoe to drop.

LOL! I think that is fair...was talking about that with BBW this weekend...is what we are watching real or fools gold...told him I am not sure...but I want to believe so I will!!

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Campus police found a sacrificed goat and chicken blood and bones on the 50 yard line Mylan Puskar Stadium. The Dana voodoo doll was found burned, sitting on top of a Red Bull can, and placed on where Morgantown would be on the state outline of West Virginia on the playing surface. When the AD Department was asked about, No Balls was heard saying 'Those damn kids. I really don't know who would do something like this'.
:lol::lol::lol::suds::suds:

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lyons ain't no dummy, this team hasn't played more than 2 games in a row all season yet. He's letting the season play out a bit before making a commitment like that.
:scratch::scratch:

They are Bowl eligible brother...6-0...the chances they win 10 plus games with the remaining schedule is about 90%!!...Dana is going to have him by the proverbial balls!!...were are witnessing the sequel of Eddie P and Richrod all over again on who calls the shots with the football program!

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! I think that is fair...was talking about that with BBW this weekend...is what we are watching real or fools gold...told him I am not sure...but I want to believe so I will!!

You guys know by now that I'm Pro-Holgy but this thought has crossed my mind. I don't want to believe it but the doubt slips through occasionally. I HOPE that we aren't seeing fools gold. I HOPE (and I really do think they are) the results that we are seeing is a product of multiple things finally coming together (recruiting, quality depth, coaching staff cohesion, etc). BUT...and I hate saying this...what if we are doing so well because of the perfect timing (as far as DH's fate is concerned) of a combination of things...basically the entire conference is having a down year, we are in a schedule year where we have our toughest opponents at home, etc. Then this happens...We do way better than expected, DH gets an extension, and then we go back to winning 7 games a year. I hope this season isn't a fluke. I think DH has made TREMENDOUS strides since his first season and I would like to keep him. I realize that it's a gamble either way...signing him to an extension now after going 6-0 or holding out until we see the results of the second half of the season. If we do it now and we go into a 3-4 game skid, people would be doubting the decision. If we hold out until we see results, we win 10-11 games and then his price goes up or tensions could rise and he could leave. Please...DH believers...say something to ease my mind a little lol :hope: Anytime you go undefeated this far, it's hard to enjoy the ride because you start worrying about EVERYTHING! Or at least I do haha

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys know by now that I'm Pro-Holgy but this thought has crossed my mind. I don't want to believe it but the doubt slips through occasionally. I HOPE that we aren't seeing fools gold. I HOPE (and I really do think they are) the results that we are seeing is a product of multiple things finally coming together (recruiting, quality depth, coaching staff cohesion, etc). BUT...and I hate saying this...what if we are doing so well because of the perfect timing (as far as DH's fate is concerned) of a combination of things...basically the entire conference is having a down year, we are in a schedule year where we have our toughest opponents at home, etc. Then this happens...We do way better than expected, DH gets an extension, and then we go back to winning 7 games a year. I hope this season isn't a fluke. I think DH has made TREMENDOUS strides since his first season and I would like to keep him. I realize that it's a gamble either way...signing him to an extension now after going 6-0 or holding out until we see the results of the second half of the season. If we do it now and we go into a 3-4 game skid, people would be doubting the decision. If we hold out until we see results, we win 10-11 games and then his price goes up or tensions could rise and he could leave. Please...DH believers...say something to ease my mind a little lol :hope: Anytime you go undefeated this far, it's hard to enjoy the ride because you start worrying about EVERYTHING! Or at least I do haha

Here are my thoughts...

This season is the perfect storm! WVU is capable of replacing injured players without taking too big a hit due to the depth of talent we have. In the past, WVU might have a pretty good 22-30 players... but then there was a big drop off in talent.

The Big 12 is down. This might mean good things in the end. WVU won't be facing a gauntlet of top 10 programs like they've faced the first 4 years in the conference. This year, reflects the Big Least in many ways.

WVU has become relevant as it has personnel with talent that matches and many times exceeds our conference mates.

Deja vu all over again...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the perfect setup for Holgs. Conference down, 3 year starting QB, strong group of seniors. We have a great chance to get to 10 wins and a chance of winning them all.

Deja vu would be that we get to 11-0, Dana puts up a lame game plan for Baylor after which Dana takes the LSU job for more money than Lyons and Gee would ever pay.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I can understand why everyone is cautiously optimistic...this is a back loaded schedule that they are just getting into now..I think this weekend is huge, coming off an emotional win against TCU for payback of last year and now going to Stillwater...I think a win a TEXAS no matter how they are playing is telling as well...remember Texas derailed OU last year...and then we will see where the chips fall...if they win both of those games an 11 win season is all but money!

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are my thoughts...

This season is the perfect storm! WVU is capable of replacing injured players without taking too big a hit due to the depth of talent we have. In the past, WVU might have a pretty good 22-30 players... but then there was a big drop off in talent.

The Big 12 is down. This might mean good things in the end. WVU won't be facing a gauntlet of top 10 programs like they've faced the first 4 years in the conference. This year, reflects the Big Least in many ways.

WVU has become relevant as it has personnel with talent that matches and many times exceeds our conference mates.

Deja vu all over again...

I hear what your saying..but everything is cyclical..not buying the down year thing really...doesn't look any different to me than the Pac 12 or SEC...Other Bama is there a team in the SEC that strikes fear really? And the Pac 12 Colorado is challenging for the title for goodness sakes..

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year, injuries hurt OU's offense in the playoff game. But, I honestly felt they were worthy of inclusion.

The Big 12 had 4 pretty good teams until injuries took affect. BU, TCU, OU and Okie St. I think BU, TCU and OU could play with anyone last year when healthy.

This year, I'm not sure I could say the same...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In '14, I believe TCU and BU were as good as any of the top 4 teams in the country.

Again, I can't say the same thing this year...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In '14, I believe TCU and BU were as good as any of the top 4 teams in the country.

Again, I can't say the same thing this year...

But that's just it ...and we texted about it...outside of Alabama how good are any of the rest of the teams in the top 25?...are they that much better than the examples you gave?...BTW I am asking it as a real question..not a wise crack...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's just it ...and we texted about it...outside of Alabama how good are any of the rest of the teams in the top 25?...are they that much better than the examples you gave?...BTW I am asking it as a real question..not a wise crack...

Honestly... I don't know.

I haven't really watched Michigan play. I watched tOSU destroy OU, and then I watched them choke against PSU last weekend.

UofL looks really good... and really average. Same for Clemson.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly... I don't know.

I haven't really watched Michigan play. I watched tOSU destroy OU, and then I watched them choke against PSU last weekend.

UofL looks really good... and really average. Same for Clemson.

I think the same thing...it's funny we discuss this and teams in lower conferences including FCS teams all seem to be catching up in a lot of ways...maybe the sport isn't getting watered down...there is just a lot more well coached kids out there that can make a real difference at any level...I even think there is quality play at the Divison III level..fun games to watch...I went to the local high school game recently..first time in forever..couldn't believe the quality of play..

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does everyone think the Big 12 is down? We have two teams in the top 10 right now....just cause we don;t get the SEC love and a team has to lose four times(Ol Miss) before dropping out of the top 25 does not mean we are down. We are a bad call away from playing a 6-1 team on Saturday.

Are these experts who ranked Ol Miss, Notre Dame, LSU, Iowa, Oregon as the best teams to start the season are now telling us the Big 12 is nothing....why do we care what these so called experts say?????

I do not think we are the best conf, but just because my team is doing well I am sure as hell not saying we are the weakest.