• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The New Orleans Saints Thread

How Far Will the New Orleans Saints Go in 2014?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As explained in the Team-by-Team Thread, I am planning on making a thread every three days for a different team. The first few posts will be questions, requests for predictions, etc. There will be a poll unless I don't feel like making one. Some teams are less interesting than others.Please participate in posting articles, predictions, etc.

So far:

The Seattle Seahawks Thread

The Denver Broncos Thread

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...ussion/151539-san-francisco-49ers-thread.html

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...ssion/151871-new-england-patriots-thread.html

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Brees will...

Throw for _____ yards.
Throw __ touchdowns.
Throw __ interceptions.
Rush for ___ yards and _ touchdowns.
Complete ____% of his passes.

The leading receiver (any position) will be: ___________. Yards? _____ TDs caught? __

The leading running back will be: ___________________. Yards? Rushing TDs.

Defensive Yards Allowed: ____ per game.
Defensive Points Allowed: ____ per game.
Interceptions: ___

Team Record: ___-__

Green Bat at Home: W/L
Against the Panthers: Win Both, Lose Both, Split (Don't care, but will: ___)

Will the Saints win their division or the Panthers (or a resurgent Falcons)?

Is Brees still on the Mt. Rushmore of QBs or is he being pushed out?

Is Jimmy Graham's claim of being a WR a realistic one? (Looking at where he lines up, how often and who he blocks, his reputation/title/size of a TE...)

Biggest surprise?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have New Orleans as the 3rd best team in the NFC at this point. The defense is actually looking pretty decent again and the offense has added some weapons that could make them a difficult team even for the best of defenses. I do think NO and San Fran both went and got receiving options that help in the beating Seattle's secondary department. IF there was any kind of receiver that Seattle did struggle with at times (wasn't very often) it was actually the quick shifty receivers that could get off the line before Seattle could bump them that had a little bit of success. Brandin Cooks will be a great addition to one of the already better offenses in the NFL.

Throw in I do think they will have a top-3 secondary in the NFL this season. Jairus Byrd or however you spell his name with the additions of Champ and SJB to a secondary that was already pretty good last year should make them pretty tough to pass on.

I put they will lose in the NFC Championship game and I think it will be to San Fran but the key for New Orleans will be to get homefield advantage. They are just a different team at home above any other team at this point. IF they can do that then watch out as I could see them easily in the Super Bowl.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are always smart cdumler i enjoy reading what you have to say,thank you.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks I guess...Can't tell if you are being serious or sarcastic here...This site needs a sarcasm button or something as I feel that would solve a lot of the arguments on this board.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks I guess...Can't tell if you are being serious or sarcastic here...This site needs a sarcasm button or something as I feel that would solve a lot of the arguments on this board.

One place I know uses blue font for sarcasm, but not everyone uses it there or every time.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picked the Saints to win the Super Bowl because things always change in the NFL and they seem like a legit contender

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picked the Saints to win the Super Bowl because things always change in the NFL and they seem like a legit contender
or maybe you're just in a drunken stupor.............:noidea:

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Brees will...

Throw for close to or right at 5,000 yards again.
Throw 39 touchdowns.
Throw 9 or 10 interceptions.
Rush for not alot of yards and touchdowns at all.
Complete 66 % of his passes.

The leading receiver (any position) will be: WAY to many options, but I'll go with Graham . Yards? 1050 TDs caught? 11

The leading running back will be: Not sure at all on this one but I'll go with Mark Ingram. Yards? With him being the lead back with 3 other capable backs in the back field, I'll give him 670-700 yards. Rushing TDs. 5-6

Defensive Yards Allowed: 298 per game.
Defensive Points Allowed:19-20 per game.
Interceptions: 17

Team Record: Not one for pre-season record predictions, but we'll be fierced competitors

Green Bat at Home: W
Against the Panthers: I think we have a shot at taking both, but winning in Carolina is always tough

Will the Saints win their division or the Panthers (or a resurgent Falcons)? I think we'll win it, but I actually think that Tampa Bay will sneak up on everyone and be the biggest competitor

Is Brees still on the Mt. Rushmore of QBs or is he being pushed out? Brees,Brady,Rodgers,Manning in whatever order

Is Jimmy Graham's claim of being a WR a realistic one? (Looking at where he lines up, how often and who he blocks, his reputation/title/size of a TE...) It's most certainly realistic looking at the numbers, and seeing as he has been the best reciever on the team the last few years....but I really hope the team wins the case to save money.

Biggest surprise? The defense may actually be better than the offense.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints are the one team in the NFL that HAS to have home field advantage in the playoffs. They are just not that good on the road and I don't see them beating San Fran, Seattle, or Green Bay on the road in January.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints are the one team in the NFL that HAS to have home field advantage in the playoffs. They are just not that good on the road and I don't see them beating San Fran, Seattle, or Green Bay on the road in January.

I think they can. Last year we ran into a buzz saw in Seattle but our defense has improved as you saw in the Seattle playoffs game but their defense was just too dominant. I think we can beat a team with not a great defense as we did last year in Philly as long as our defense is as good as it was last season. We may not be able to beat SF/Seattle in the playoffs away from the super dome but I believe we can beat any other team in the NFC away from our home with out defense

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota, @Cleveland, Tampa Bay, @Tampa Bay: Win 4.
Atlanta, Baltimore, @Pittsburgh, @Atlanta: Win 3.
@Dallas, @ Detroit, @ Chicago, Cincinatti: Win 2.
Green Bay, @San Francisco, Carolina, @Carolina: Win 2.

11-5.

So my guess is 10-6 because of one letdown.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the Saints going to the Super Bowl if they get home field. It's possible in their division

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safe to say the Saints will be able to score and move the ball...the rich got richer with Brandon Cooks if he turns out to be what the scouts thought...but like every team they have some holes...switching to a 3-4 LY with pretty good success overall, but they are just okay vs the pass even though they have some guys that can get the QB.

I think the Saints will win the DIV, but the schedule makes me think 10-6 and probably the 3rd seed.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safe to say the Saints will be able to score and move the ball...the rich got richer with Brandon Cooks if he turns out to be what the scouts thought...but like every team they have some holes...switching to a 3-4 LY with pretty good success overall, but they are just okay vs the pass even though they have some guys that can get the QB.

I think the Saints will win the DIV, but the schedule makes me think 10-6 and probably the 3rd seed.

Have to figure that the addition of Jarius Byrd will help. Maybe Champ too.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Brees will...

Throw for 4800 yds.
Throw 35 touchdowns.
Throw 10 interceptions.
Rush for 140 yards and 1 touchdowns.
Complete 66 % of his passes.

The leading receiver (any position) will be: Graham . 1,250 Yards, 12 TDs caught

The leading running back will be: Frenchie. 700 Yards, 6 Rushing TDs

Defensive Yards Allowed: 285 per game.
Defensive Points Allowed: 24 per game.
Interceptions: 20

Team Record: 12-4

Green Bat at Home: W
Against the Panthers: 1-1

Will the Saints win their division or the Panthers (or a resurgent Falcons)? No, Panthers will win it.

Is Brees still on the Mt. Rushmore of QBs or is he being pushed out? He is definitely on it.

Biggest surprise? Losing to the Bucs in TB or getting swept by the Falcons.

HUBSTER

I don't re-Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like Jimmy Graham got his WR money after all. He just agreed to a 4yr/$40m contract with $21m guaranteed.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like Jimmy Graham got his WR money after all. He just agreed to a 4yr/$40m contract with $21m guaranteed.

Good job, he's earned it...I think NO was working with something in this range all along...Graham's rant was over the franchise tag value relative to WRs.

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year 4 or 5 playoff teams get swapped out. I really like the Saints but it's not being reality that they could miss the playoffs, though I voted them to lose in the divisionals.

I don't see why they don't go 3-3 in their division and after the bye week at game 5, Saints go

@Detroit
hm Green Bay
@ Carolina
hm San Fran
hm cincy

then it doesn't slow
hm ravens
@ steelers on nov 30
vs Carolina
@ Chicago mnf cold on dec 15.

I could see the Saints on the outside and doubt they secure a #1 or #2 conference seed which is imperative for this indoor built team.