• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The NBA rookies Thread

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons -- Top 10 defensive player in NBA right now. (maybe even Top 5)

Interesting to remember how bad his LSU team was 2 years ago. (blame coaching)

Didn't help that Simmons really didn't want to be there.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tatum and Simmons head on. Should be a fun series-time to throw around Smack Flyerhawk! The NBA has some new studs !!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tatum and Simmons head on. Should be a fun series-time to throw around Smack Flyerhawk! The NBA has some new studs !!

Definitely. Looking forward to watching Tatum and Brown, if he plays.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown will play Game 2 on. They wii wrap that baby tight.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry Hawk but there is no way JT is not the rookie of the year. Kid is a money player and intelligent

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Hawk but there is no way JT is not the rookie of the year. Kid is a money player and intelligent

Why? Because he has played better in 3 games in the playoffs? That is a pretty ridiculous standard.

Tatum had a great year. But Simmons had an exceptional year for a rookie. Just because it came to a crash in the playoffs doesn't change that.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Because he has played better in 3 games in the playoffs? That is a pretty ridiculous standard.
Tatum had a great year. But Simmons had an exceptional year for a rookie. Just because it came to a crash in the playoffs doesn't change that.

Most ballots were sent in 2-4 weeks ago. (based on regular season only)

Dwane Casey will probably finish 2nd or 3rd in Coach of the Year.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most ballots were sent in 2-4 weeks ago. (based on regular season only)

Dwane Casey will probably finish 2nd or 3rd in Coach of the Year.

Well yeah. The voting ending before the playoffs started so obviously none of this has anything to do with the RoY. But LogicMan was arguing that Tatum should be the RoY because of his playoff performance.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Both had great regular seasons. One got volume use for most the year and Tatum only got it once everyone went down. Its a fun debate. Tatum has had to be the man on his college team last year in the playoffs and delivered and unexpectedly again in the NBA he is doing again. He and Mitchell actually played even better once the games mattered most. He literally has no weaknesses. Simmons is a great passer and slasher, but cmon, use your eyes.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both had great regular seasons. One got volume use for most the year and Tatum only got it once everyone went down. Its a fun debate. Tatum has had to be the man on his college team last year in the playoffs and delivered and unexpectedly again in the NBA he is doing again. He and Mitchell actually played even better once the games mattered most. He literally has no weaknesses. Simmons is a great passer and slasher, but cmon, use your eyes.

You are letting recency bias affect your judgment.

Tatum may wind up being a Hall of Famer and Simmons may never amount to more than Mega Rondo. But that is irrelevant to judging their performances right now.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are letting recency bias affect your judgment.

Tatum may wind up being a Hall of Famer and Simmons may never amount to more than Mega Rondo. But that is irrelevant to judging their performances right now.

I’m over the ROY debate. They should just give it to Andre Ingram.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m over the ROY debate. They should just give it to Andre Ingram.

As I've said in the past, it really doesn't matter who gets the RoY although I'm sure the players think otherwise.

But we can still discuss who the best rookie was this year.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was pretty good.

He was no Andre Ingram, mind you...but he was still pretty good.

To me that's kind of comparing apples and oranges because Ben was a first year with 15 to 20 years left and plenty of time to become a super-star or an all star. Andre as good and as fun he was -played the first game in the NBA which took 11 years to get there - I am happy for the guy but the very best he will have 4-6 years in the NBA which is still plenty of time to save up some $$$$ for an easy retirement. I hope Andre gets a chance to showcase his talents for the regular season though - given the choice - I would take Simmons over Andre

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me that's kind of comparing apples and oranges because Ben was a first year with 15 to 20 years left and plenty of time to become a super-star or an all star. Andre as good and as fun he was -played the first game in the NBA which took 11 years to get there - I am happy for the guy but the very best he will have 4-6 years in the NBA which is still plenty of time to save up some $$$$ for an easy retirement. I hope Andre gets a chance to showcase his talents for the regular season though - given the choice - I would take Simmons over Andre

images

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol

You’re amazing sometimes. And I mean that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You sure about that? Tough call there.

This is post of the year material. Absolutely awesome.

So, just to clarify, when you were making up Kawhi Leonard trade scenarios earlier, where you talking about Brandon or Andre? Maybe the Lakers could trade Andre Ingram and Deng for Ben Simmons. That would surely be enough.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lots to unpack here but I'll just give you some cake for this instead. Just enjoy your cake.