• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The NBA rookies Thread

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the same shit every time. He needs to learn to shut the fuck up.

And so it begins. Next we'll hear Luke is a bad coach because he is white. (like Levar said last year about UCLA)

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuzma Named Kia NBA Western Conference Rookie Of The Month | NBA.com

Nice to see. Unless Mitchell shows up big time, there's really no competition out in the West.
He showed up.

....and they're winning with no Hayward, Hood or Gobert.

This kid is a monster.

Donovan Mitchell put up a career high 41 points last night against the New Orleans Pelicans. In doing so, he set a Utah Jazz franchise rookie record in points, became the 1st rookie since Blake Griffin in 2011 to score 40 or more in a game, and, most importantly, led his team to a comeback victory against the New Orleans Pelicans.

Welcome to the Donovan Mitchell Show

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He showed up.

....and they're winning with no Hayward, Hood or Gobert.

This kid is a monster.

Donovan Mitchell put up a career high 41 points last night against the New Orleans Pelicans. In doing so, he set a Utah Jazz franchise rookie record in points, became the 1st rookie since Blake Griffin in 2011 to score 40 or more in a game, and, most importantly, led his team to a comeback victory against the New Orleans Pelicans.

Welcome to the Donovan Mitchell Show

Yeah Mitchell has showed up big time. Dude is avg 16,3, & 3 and shooting 37% from 3

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Mitchell has showed up big time. Dude is avg 16,3, & 3 and shooting 37% from 3
It's going to be hard to get him out of the lineup when everyone is healthy.

I have him 4th behind Kuz because Donovan didn't play well early.

But, if he continues to be a starter, and produces, he could make some noise.

I have to think his attempts, minutes and ppg will drop when Gobert returns, Hood is healthy * which he rarely is *.

So, he's not catching Simmons, nor Tatum.

Even so, Donovan is a stud doing grown man shit, while only standing 6'3 tall.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Past and present players/coaches ......smdh

In fairness, Scott told him to shut it first, which he really needs to do.

“Yeah I got words for Byron Scott, Shut the hell up and do what you do! Leave me alone. “He ain’t doin’ nothing else. Tell him if he want his name in the news, tell him go do something! You ain’t gotta talk about Ball to get your name in the news. But then again, yes you do. Cause ain’t nobody talk about Byron Scott doin’ nothing.”

Lakers News: LaVar Ball Tells Byron Scott To 'Shut The Hell Up' About He And Lonzo Ball - Lakers Nation

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Past and present players/coaches ......smdh

In fairness, Scott told him to shut it first, which he really needs to do.

“Yeah I got words for Byron Scott, Shut the hell up and do what you do! Leave me alone. “He ain’t doin’ nothing else. Tell him if he want his name in the news, tell him go do something! You ain’t gotta talk about Ball to get your name in the news. But then again, yes you do. Cause ain’t nobody talk about Byron Scott doin’ nothing.”

Lakers News: LaVar Ball Tells Byron Scott To 'Shut The Hell Up' About He And Lonzo Ball - Lakers Nation

Oh the irony.

What has Lavar done? His children have accomplished a fair amount. All he does is talk.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh the irony.

What has Lavar done? His children have accomplished a fair amount. All he does is talk.
Yeah, making it to the pros, multiple championships as a player, head coaching jobs at the highest level....Byron still ain't a Big Baller!

Someone please, flush this turd.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he seems more afraid to shoot free throws than wide open 3's.

They aren't even guarding him out there.

No fighting thru screens, just concede the shot.

At the line, he has to much time to think and Lord knows what some of these players and fans are saying to the kid. He needs to learn to block it out, or use it as fuel like Kobe or even Reggie Miller.

He looks so resigned that he's going to miss.

He cannot be as bad as he has become. Something is wrong upstairs. He needs some coachng attention

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He cannot be as bad as he has become. Something is wrong upstairs. He needs some coachng attention
Agree.

He comes off aloof.

But, I don't think he is.

He's way to in his own head.

I don't understand how his Father doesn't recognize that this is mostly his fault.

Everything this kid does, or doesn't do, is put under the microscope because Lavar can't shut his ignorant mouth.

I would never exploit my kid for my own financial gain.

He is disgusting.

PJ G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DSJ, Simmons, Fox, Tatum, Markkenan balled out.

DSJ will get Roy.

if you see anyone other than Simmons getting ROY, I don't even know what to say. Dude leads rookies in four statistical categories and it top 50 in the entire NBA in PER. Also,,, he is maybe one of the most talented players in recent memory in terms of what he is. Not to mention his team is actually relevant and has a decent amount of nationally televised games this week.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you see anyone other than Simmons getting ROY, I don't even know what to say. Dude leads rookies in four statistical categories and it top 50 in the entire NBA in PER. Also,,, he is maybe one of the most talented players in recent memory in terms of what he is. Not to mention his team is actually relevant and has a decent amount of nationally televised games this week.
Succinct take 2 months into the Season AFTER seeing everyone play in games that actually count.

You are the greatest Monday Morning Quaterback of all time.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, making it to the pros, multiple championships as a player, head coaching jobs at the highest level....Byron still ain't a Big Baller!

Someone please, flush this turd.

lol @Lavar saying Byron Scott "ain't doing nothing" and "nobody talks about him."

The only reason anyone talks about Lavar is to make fun of the latest way he's come up with to make a fool out of himself.

I'm hoping that will eventually reach the point where enough people have told Lavar to shut the hell up that he finally does.

Last edited:

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping that will will eventually reach the point where enough people have told Lavar to shut the hell up that he finally does.

he will once he realizes the big baller brand is a sign of humor

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salty Lady alert!
Negative.

New guy/alter quoted a post from October...lol

Obviously, it's clear Simmons is the likely winner a quarter of the way thru.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh the irony.

And apparently pull his kids out of school on a regular basis - pathetic. Just waiting now for the pt where Lavar gets PO'ed at the Lakers & instructs Lonzo to sit out for a while.