• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The MWC Thread

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing much in the news for the league this week, but may as well bump for any MWC fans who have joined recently

I'm on board 27. Thanks for keeping it going. We are still missing a dozen or so good BSU posters from CBS, hope they show as we get closer to populate the BSU Home page.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on board 27. Thanks for keeping it going. We are still missing a dozen or so good BSU posters from CBS, hope they show as we get closer to populate the BSU Home page.

You're welcome sir, I agree, would be pretty cool to have a continuous discussion going on there. Most news stuff I have found have led to good discussion lately, unfortunately as of the past few weeks there's not much going on LOL

One thing we need there is a recruiting thread, I'm hoping we can find someone to run it, as I don't follow recruiting enough to maintain one.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great reads, can't wait! Love to see 2nd team and honorable mention in article #2.

Indeed sir! This should be a good year for the conference, hopefully everyone can win some non-conference games against teams from the big 5 this year.

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SDSU fan here. Haven't posted in a long time. Went to Disney Sports today and saw the board is down forever. lol

Old Sn there was SDSUStoner.

As far as the MWC this year. It's cute Cal State Fresno wanted to imitate us with their all black unis. We get them and BSU at home. The experts picked Cal State Fresno to win the West Division. If only they still had Pat Hill, I'd be certain they'd finish 4th. I think my Aztecs have a legit shot at winning their second straight MWC title. This time, it's outright.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SDSU fan here. Haven't posted in a long time. Went to Disney Sports today and saw the board is down forever. lol

Old Sn there was SDSUStoner.

As far as the MWC this year. It's cute Cal State Fresno wanted to imitate us with their all black unis. We get them and BSU at home. The experts picked Cal State Fresno to win the West Division. If only they still had Pat Hill, I'd be certain they'd finish 4th. I think my Aztecs have a legit shot at winning their second straight MWC title. This time, it's outright.

Ton of respect for SDSU. Saw first hand how tough the Aztecs can be. Good luck next year.

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ton of respect for SDSU. Saw first hand how tough the Aztecs can be. Good luck next year.
Thank you. That game last year on the blue turf show how far SDSU has come as a program since Bluto Hoke came to campus. Rocky Long kept the toughness momentum going. Prior to Hoke, SDSU was a bunch of marshmellows who'd whither once one thing went bad in a game. Winning in a place like BSU with our back up QB shows how tough SDSU is as a team. It's also kind of funny to see SDSU with a power rushing pro set since Hoke and actually be a physical team after decades of watching AFL ball without the nets. I'm excited about the year.

I hope we can meet BSU in the title game as well as beat you guys at the Q. Long respects the hell out of BSU too despite the comments last year. We've modeled our recruting after yours.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevermind I see you found the thread already sir LOL

You guys have been on the rise in both sports

San Diego State has been a program that if they just pulled it together could be a very good program, and now they're starting to see that come together, you guys are likely going to be long term competitors for us in the MWC.

What do you think you're going to do about the passing attack, you won't have a problem running the ball but passing looks to be an issue this year.

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevermind I see you found the thread already sir LOL

You guys have been on the rise in both sports

San Diego State has been a program that if they just pulled it together could be a very good program, and now they're starting to see that come together, you guys are likely going to be long term competitors for us in the MWC.

What do you think you're going to do about the passing attack, you won't have a problem running the ball but passing looks to be an issue this year.
Do some vodoo to make Dingwell a decent passing QB. He's a helluva runner and he did a fine job handing off to Muema. To his credit, that 26 yard pass vs. you guys to ice the game was his best pass all year. Our O line is weird. They're road graders on runs, but are average in pass blocking.

Bob Toledo running the O should open it up a little, but losing Escobar hurt. Colin Lockett has talent. He was a preseason first team pick in 2012 who was a huge flop last year. Some due to SDSU rushing the ball all the time. Other times due to his drops. Ezell Ruffin picked us over Nebraska, but has yet to learn to catch the ball. Both bring a lot of speed. If they catch the damn ball.

If we somehow land Connor Brewer, that would help us long-term. He visited us last Thursday.

I've read BSU's D especially the secondary will be down this year. Is that true? Also, is BSU's offense back or is the 2012 version gonna to re-surface?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do some vodoo to make Dingwell a decent passing QB. He's a helluva runner and he did a fine job handing off to Muema. To his credit, that 26 yard pass vs. you guys to ice the game was his best pass all year. Our O line is weird. They're road graders on runs, but are average in pass blocking.

Bob Toledo running the O should open it up a little, but losing Escobar hurt. Colin Lockett has talent. He was a preseason first team pick in 2012 who was a huge flop last year. Some due to SDSU rushing the ball all the time. Other times due to his drops. Ezell Ruffin picked us over Nebraska, but has yet to learn to catch the ball. Both bring a lot of speed. If they catch the damn ball.

If we somehow land Connor Brewer, that would help us long-term. He visited us last Thursday.

I've read BSU's D especially the secondary will be down this year. Is that true? Also, is BSU's offense back or is the 2012 version gonna to re-surface?

Connor Brewer would be amazing for you guys, but finding some guys who can catch would certainly make your offense more dynamic, you have good run blocking but you're not going to be able to run over strong defensive lines like Ohio State, Oregon State or us.

Our secondary is my biggest concern that's where we lost the most, defensive line we lost some people but we have some good guys stepping in place of them too, Kwiatkowski always fields a very strong defensive line, so that does not concern me at at, DeMarcus Lawrence is the biggest of the returning starters, guy is a beast, could end up going in the first round of the NFL draft some day(right now projected 2nd round in 2014, but first if he stays the extra year)

ida one

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Boise States football season is dependant on how Southwick plays coming out of the gate. If Joe plays well against UW, In that new stadium, I believe Boise will have a great season, BYU and SDSU scare me more than UW does.
Wish all MWC teams a successful year.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise States football season is dependant on how Southwick plays coming out of the gate. If Joe plays well against UW, In that new stadium, I believe Boise will have a great season, BYU and SDSU scare me more than UW does.
Wish all MWC teams a successful year.

This is very true, Southwick had a pretty amazing performance against Washington in the bowl game that's for sure, i'd say it was the best he played all year, question is can we stop the Washington passing game?? our secondary is an issue. Lucky for us BYU and SDSU both don't carry big passing threats. I hope we make a BCS bowl as long as we're good enough, because I'd rather not make one at all than suffer our first BCS bowl loss.

scuttlebutt

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,350.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice Duster there geneh. I'd rather have that than a Lambo.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The MWC is better than most give credit. Critics look at the bottom teams, that frankly, aren't good. They look at the budgets which are lower that the wealthy conferences. They note that the schools are out West in smaller markets. They have fewer 5 star recruits. But put one on the big stage, they usually deliver.

Over the years, the MWC holds its own quite well. Their champions routinely bust their BCS elders and I wouldn't bet against Boise State, if i were you.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The MWC is better than most give credit. Critics look at the bottom teams, that frankly, aren't good. They look at the budgets which are lower that the wealthy conferences. They note that the schools are out West in smaller markets. They have fewer 5 star recruits. But put one on the big stage, they usually deliver.

Over the years, the MWC holds its own quite well. Their champions routinely bust their BCS elders and I wouldn't bet against Boise State, if i were you.

The MWC is in fact a very underrated league, lots of teams don't have the biggest names and suffer from east coast bias, none of us get the respect we deserve

think about this nugget, I may have to recheck this but all the teams in this league except UNLV have won a bowl this decade, many of them have won multiple, including some of those AQ schools

scuttlebutt

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,350.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well this is certainly fantastic news sir, happy to have him
Yea, I'm an Aggie fan. Born and raised in Cruces. I became a BSU fan due to WAC affiliations and have always found the Bronco story compelling. I know most of the BSU fans through the CBS boards and they'll tell you that I'm an unabashedly staunch Bronco supporter willing and able to trade barbs with anyone.