• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The most powerful American car ever

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or so they say

Click link for full article

The 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is an absolute beast

upload_2017-4-12_11-23-56.jpeg

The Demon makes the Hellcat look like a church mouse.

The wide-body Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is a barely street-legal drag racer with a V8 that can produce up to 840 HP and 770 pound-feet of torque, making it the most powerful American car ever. It’s also the quickest car in the world, with an NHRA certified 0-60 mph time of 2.3 seconds and a quarter-mile time of 9.65 seconds at 140 mph.

Dodge didn’t just turn up the boost on the Challenger SRT Hellcat’s 707 hp 6.2-liter supercharged engine to unleash its inner beast, it updated more than half of its parts and added a laundry list of production-first and high tech features to the Demon.

There’s a larger displacement 2.7-liter supercharger that runs at 14.5 psi boost; strengthened rods, pistons and valvetrain; twin dual-stage fuel pumps; and the largest hood scoop ever used on a muscle car: a 45.2 square inch intake Dodge calls the Air-Grabber that’s apparently still not huge enough, because there’s a second intake in the middle of the inside driver’s side headlight and a third near the wheel liner. At full throttle, the Demon can suck all of the air out of a single-car garage in less than two minutes.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure ain't pretty.

I read where some knuckle dragger bought one, grabbed 2 friends and proceeded to start doing max speed (160 mph) runs in a 50 mph zone?

He rightfully had it impounded and got some silly bugger jail time for his troubles.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, this beast kinda grows on ya' with the fender flares and the extra wide meats for some serious grip, not to mention that fire-breathing power plant under the hood. I want one badly but like everything else,
NO M-O-N-E-Y!

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing one-trick pony....straight-line speed. That's about it. You would think the perilous position that Dodge/Fiat/Whatever is in, their priorities would be more in line with...you know...keeping the company from folding?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, this beast kinda grows on ya' with the fender flares and the extra wide meats for some serious grip, not to mention that fire-breathing power plant under the hood. I want one badly but like everything else,
NO M-O-N-E-Y!

Warts grow on you too.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have-you-heard-about-the-new-dodge-demon-tag-a-19195267.png

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
c256d0355acca4e850a81a6f0aaa3815.jpg

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing one-trick pony....straight-line speed. That's about it. You would think the perilous position that Dodge/Fiat/Whatever is in, their priorities would be more in line with...you know...keeping the company from folding?

The Viper is gone now so I guess your happy a little inside

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would want mine in a mat black with red go fast stripes and with the seats. Never to be driven on a track

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Viper is gone now so I guess your happy a little inside

Why would I be happy? Dodge/Chyrsler/Whatever has been a shit-pit for decades when it comes to a business organization and Sergio Marchionne is desperate to merge with anyone probably knowing his company is on the brink yet again. It seems like every company he reaches out to, tells him to pound sand.

There are some pieces that are OK....the Jeep name carries some cache. Ram? It sells basically because it's far cheaper than the competitors - and that is the ONLY reason why I'd even consider one. The muscle vehicles are just ego-strokes at this point.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would I be happy? Dodge/Chyrsler/Whatever has been a shit-pit for decades when it comes to a business organization and Sergio Marchionne is desperate to merge with anyone probably knowing his company is on the brink yet again. It seems like every company he reaches out to, tells him to pound sand.

There are some pieces that are OK....the Jeep name carries some cache. Ram? It sells basically because it's far cheaper than the competitors - and that is the ONLY reason why I'd even consider one. The muscle vehicles are just ego-strokes at this point.

Because they called it quits on a muscle car with very little reason to buy for damn near the worlds population.

Oh I know it goes back decades for their handling of the business side of things and then Daimler gutted the shit out of them and them threw them away.

Rams are not just cheaper they are pretty solid. That 6.7 diesel is no joke.

I was going to put in my original post something about Ram and Dodge ripe for being sold off so we have some common ground here.

As for ego strokes........eh.... Ask any car salesmen out there and see if they would like to be selling the top dog in a category. Muscle cars, for better or worse, gets people in the dealership buying cars. First on Race Day, Sold on Monday.....it is a historical automotive trend. As one person noted that they went to a dealership to check one out. A numbers game says that enough people go into a dealership, even without intentions on buying and sales will go up.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they called it quits on a muscle car with very little reason to buy for damn near the worlds population.

I'm not sure what your point is. It doesn't make me happy knowing a company is going about their business ass-backwards because there are tens of thousands of direct and indirect jobs on the line. The Viper is one of the greatest examples of the Auburn Hills automakers' eternal stupidity.....they are about to go under and in some last ditched effort to salvage the company, they scrapped the vehicle. After they were bailed out....they started the project again...surely knowing that the program was one of the glaring examples of why it ended up where it did in the first place.