• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The most overrated college football team from each preseason AP Poll ever

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Of course it's the dumbass Michigan fan that cries about being listed in a season where they lost to a FCS team after starting the season with national championship hopes.

PS: It's funny calling 16 points "no more than a two score loss". You lost by more than 2 touchdowns, and have to include 2 2 point conversions, but don't think you got blown out.
That's how leads are discussed. If you're watching a game announcers will often say, "it's a two score game" when talking about 15 or 16 points.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you lost to an FCS team, #24 Wisconsin and 39-7 to #23 Oregon, one could make the argument that your were overrated at #18.

How you guys climbed to #15 prior to the Wisconsin game that year baffled me. You had one decent win against a ranked Penn St that would follow up their loss to you by losing to Illinois.

You guys went from unranked to #15 by running the gauntlet of Northwestern, Eastern Michigan, Purdue, Illinois, Minnesota and a .500 Michigan St team...Laughable.

Luckily for you, you beat an also overrated Florida team in your bowl game or you would have finished unranked. Also, Florida didn't finish unranked they finished an overrated #13. Also, to use your argument, Louisville and Cal didn't lose to an FCS team and Cal didn't lose any by more than 14.

So no, you were not overrated in the 2012 USC or 2000 Alabama sense...but you were pretty overrated for 2007.
Being over rated is different than the most over rated. Cal going 6-6 is far more over rated than Michigan.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's how leads are discussed. If you're watching a game announcers will often say, "it's a two score game" when talking about 15 or 16 points.

I think it's pretty clear I understood the math. It's funny because when does it ever actually happen that a team scores 2 TDs and 2 conversions to tie the game?

And your comeback is that announcers do it...in the middle of a game? The guys who's main purpose in every game is to make it seem better than it really is?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's pretty clear I understood the math. It's funny because when does it ever actually happen that a team scores 2 TDs and 2 conversions to tie the game?

And your comeback is that announcers do it...in the middle of a game? The guys who's main purpose in every game is to make it seem better than it really is?
I'm sure it happens more often than you think. Comebacks are less likely to begin with and then to have an odd point deficit like 16 is even more rare. But I'm sure you could find examples every year where a team came back by scoring TD's + two point conversions to win the game.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being over rated is different than the most over rated. Cal going 6-6 is far more over rated than Michigan.

Michigan was overrated multiple times throughout the year and were equally undeserving of their #18 ranking as they were of their #5 ranking.

Cal also played a top 10 SOS in 2007...Michigan's wasn't in the top 30.

After climbing to #2 in the polls Cal lost 3 games in a row to drop out of their rankings...all after their starting QB was knocked out in the win against Oregon...you know, that team that beat Michigan by 32 points. The first two they lost literally on the final play of the game. They were never the same team after their qb went down...

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it happens more often than you think. Comebacks are less likely to begin with and then to have an odd point deficit like 16 is even more rare. But I'm sure you could find examples every year where a team came back by scoring TD's + two point conversions to win the game.

PROVE IT or GTFO.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you are saying is that Notre Dame vs USC is the most over rated rivalry.

Other than the most NCs between any two rivals, The most times top 5 teams meet in the history of college football , the most All Americans ,the most draft picks, the most #1 draft picks , the most NFL hall of famers. Yeah, just two regular teams meeting.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Comebacks happen.

I asked when does a team ever do it in the manner you are speaking, aka - 2 TDs and 2 conversions.

And that's not to win, that's to tie.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the most NCs between any two rivals, The most times top 5 teams meet in the history of college football , the most All Americans ,the most draft picks, the most #1 draft picks , the most NFL hall of famers. Yeah, just two regular teams meeting.
It was a joke. Meaning they have been the two teams that have been over rated the most, they are rivals. Seek a consultation from your physician to have the stick removed from your ass.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a joke. Meaning they have been the two teams that have been over rated the most, they are rivals. Seek a consultation from your physician to have the stick removed from your ass.

LOL. And you didn't get the sarcastic "yeah , just two regular teams meeting"