• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Morning Hockey Show and Gagne

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to the Morning Hockey Show on Sirius this morning. The host was Mike Ross. A clling started how Stevie I is the fronk runner for executive of the year, in large part, for the Gagne trade.

The hosts of the show thought that Homer had received fair value for Gagne and that, in reality, he was not worth much more. They focused on his recent injury history , cap hit, and a future contract.

Not sure if I agree, but this was the opinion of independant "experts". Toying with posting this on the other board to see the difference in responses, if any.

mrfreeze1179

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In a hockey sense from other teams, Gagne has upside but also has a long record of injuries and coming back slowly....he also has only recently started to play like pre-concussion Gagne. He is an expensive risk....if I was running a team other than the Flyers that is what I would say.
Being a long time Gagne and Flyers Fan....we got nothing in return!!!
We got a defenseman that will be buried in the minors unless of an injury and a fourth round pick that has about a 5% (79.4% of all statistics are made up)chance of playing in the NHL- so more than likely (assuming we don't get extremely lucky in the draft or flip the pick) we got two minor league players for a injury prone 30 goal scorer!!!

Would you take Marc Savard for two minor leaguers?

On a side note....would be interesting to see where Gagne would have gone if the Kovy deal never happened...I think there is more to look into from all teams perspective in the fact that NJ may have tried to make trades happen by announcing Kovy's deal in an attempt to make him take less once the deal was rejected by the NHL. As soon as Kovy was announced the Flyers immediately traded Gagne...would other offers have come?

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i dislike what we got for him although i really was not expecting anything great. maybe a prospect or a 2nd and 3rd round pick. he has a 5.2 mil cap hit and he needs to stay healthy and play pretty well just to equal his salary. i think homer talked to him about how much he wants next year and it was more than he wanted. i really like gagne although i still think people overreacted to the deal. if this was another player getting 5.2 mil and had his injuries and everything i doubt people would care as much. people wanted briere gone before and i tried to tell them he was a great playoff player and now everybody wants to keep him.