• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The morning after...

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on the phone with my cousin from Chicago when they announced the Bears had traded up 1 position, I told him straight away, the only way you make that trade, for a Quarterback. I'm no professional scout and probably would have been fine if the Bears had stayed put and picked either Trubisky or Watson, but obviously, the Bears thought otherwise. And frankly, with the number of teams that didn't have a QB floating around the draft, if MT is your man, then go get him. For me, at the top of the draft, it is the only excuse to spend that much, though I did sorta like hopping over the Giants last year for Floyd.

Edit: I posted on the NFL general board about what the F ranking the Bears were given for picking Trubisky was for. Seemed a bit harsh for the kid as he was arguably one of the top QB's coming out this year, regardless of how he sits in the pantheon of college QB's.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on the phone with my cousin from Chicago when they announced the Bears had traded up 1 position, I told him straight away, the only way you make that trade, for a Quarterback. I'm no professional scout and probably would have been fine if the Bears had stayed put and picked either Trubisky or Watson, but obviously, the Bears thought otherwise. And frankly, with the number of teams that didn't have a QB floating around the draft, if MT is your man, then go get him. For me, at the top of the draft, it is the only excuse to spend that much, though I did sorta like hopping over the Giants last year for Floyd.

Edit: I posted on the NFL general board about what the F ranking the Bears were given for picking Trubisky was for. Seemed a bit harsh for the kid as he was arguably one of the top QB's coming out this year, regardless of how he sits in the pantheon of college QB's.

I get questioning the move, fine.

However, for drafting the consensus #1 QB in this class to get so much criticism. Especially for a franchise who has so long suffered at the QB position. It's really a bit shocking to me.

An F? That's absurd.