• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Masters. 2016

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one constant.

Golf WILL stomp you in the nuts.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a fucking meltdown. I'm sure he'll recover but he'll never take another monster course with teeth for granted again. This one is for him.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very exciting - perhaps for the wrong reasons but give credit to Willett. He came through when plenty of other golfers failed after the Spieth collapse. I would never pick D. Johnson again in a major. This guy had every chance to win yet blew it time after time. He has all of the tools to win except for the mental part.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willett...hats off...67 was tied for low medal, but really should've been a foot note, top 5, a nice check, and an invite back next year...not a green jacket.

But it was...good for him.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willett...hats off...67 was tied for low medal, but really should've been a foot note, top 5, a nice check, and an invite back next year...not a green jacket.

But it was...good for him.

Yep but that is the way it happens sometimes. The Norman collapses, Els winning the British Open when Scott folded & - although not a major - the way Snedeker won at Torrey Pines earlier in the year after finishing the day before & watching everyone else collapse.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep but that is the way it happens sometimes. The Norman collapses, Els winning the British Open when Scott folded & - although not a major - the way Snedeker won at Torrey Pines earlier in the year after finishing the day before & watching everyone else collapse.

It's golf...if you ever step outside of the one shot at a time mindset, this can happen.

Nothing but credit for Willett...he started a couple back so he was in contention from the outside and he did play it out one shot at a time...he deserved this major win. Unfortunately, if he doesn't back it up he will probably be looked as the recipient.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's golf...if you ever step outside of the one shot at a time mindset, this can happen.

Nothing but credit for Willett...he started a couple back so he was in contention from the outside and he did play it out one shot at a time...he deserved this major win. Unfortunately, if he doesn't back it up he will probably be looked as the recipient.

One noticeable thing about Willett is that he does not appear to take things as seriously as some others. Perhaps this was because nothing was really expected from him at the Masters. It was a good change of pace to see him laughing & the reports of the light hearted tweets from his brother in the UK. He even stated that he would not have played at the Masters if his child was not born earlier than expected.

It is obviously sad for Spieth but nice to see someone else being so easy going about the whole thing.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One noticeable thing about Willett is that he does not appear to take things as seriously as some others. Perhaps this was because nothing was really expected from him at the Masters. It was a good change of pace to see him laughing & the reports of the light hearted tweets from his brother in the UK. He even stated that he would not have played at the Masters if his child was not born earlier than expected.

It is obviously sad for Spieth but nice to see someone else being so easy going about the whole thing.

Yep...it was...the great thing about golf is you never know when it's your turn to grasp glory.

Decent player, but if he never wins on the PGAT or Eurotour again...he's a Masters Champion...has a spot at the Champions Dinner for life.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one constant.

Golf WILL stomp you in the nuts.
Golf is like life. It will beat you down but then it will reward you. I've been playing this sport since I was 8 years old and never get tired of it.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my dad had skipped playing in the 1960 Masters so he could stand around and do nothing but get in the way while I was being born, I'd have called him a dumb ass for it til the day he passed away.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...it was...the great thing about golf is you never know when it's your turn to grasp glory.

Decent player, but if he never wins on the PGAT or Eurotour again...he's a Masters Champion...has a spot at the Champions Dinner for life.
He played a great 18 holes on the final day of the tournament and deserves all the accolades.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golf is like life. It will beat you down but then it will reward you. I've been playing this sport since I was 8 years old and never get tired of it.

Yup. Things like what happened to Speith are what make the good rounds so special.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Things like what happened to Speith are what make the good rounds so special.
You could see the pain in Speith's eyes when he was interviewed after the match. He is young and should learn from this experience.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was remarkable. I truly was moved by his simple honesty....as I said earlier, what a stark contrast to Cam's cry baby routine.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you play it down and score it by the book, yes. If you work at it, golf will eventually reward you...guys that say they had 5 with they had 7...idt the game will ever reward that golfer because even when they do shoot something special they know it wasn't legit.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golf does reflect real life in many ways...it doesn't make any promises, but rewards hard work.
You are so right. Even a person with great hand/eye coordination benefits from constant practice.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we should wait and see about Willet. He's been rising steadily as of late, placing well in previous Majors and WGC events. He was ranked 12th in the world heading into Augusta (he's now 9th) has shown he can move the ball both ways, and is a fairly decent putter.

He many never win another Major, but I don't think this a Shaun Micheel type a guy. Perhaps Geoff Oglivy is a good comparison - a pretty solid player who benefitted from others to win a big title. Lots of guys with only one Major and are thought of pretty highly - David Toms, David Duval, Mike Weir, Davis Love, Tom Weiskopf.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Spieth....that was a horrible collapse, and it'll burn him for a while, but he'll get over it. Anyone who can win multiple majors, contend in other big tournaments, get to #1 in the world has the mental makeup to shake this off. Every great golfer in history (except for Jack and Tiger that I can think of) has had devastating implosions on Sunday at big tournaments - Arnie at the '66 Open, Tom Watson at the '78 PGA Championship, Rory at the '11 Masters....Greg Norman, Phil Mickelson, Ernie Els.

He'll be fine.

The event itself was pretty average. Knowing how the winds were gonna be, I thought some of the pin placements were iffy. Nothing really materialized between any of the big contenders. Hopefully, Willet has a really solid career, or this Major will be solely thought of as a self-destruction - as previously mentioned.

Onto The Players.