• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sorry Battlelyon, I thought I had the upload feature for pixs on this site understood, but apparently something went wrong. I'll try again soon.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We found Goff in unfamiliar territory again this season needing to put his team in position to win in the fourth quarter or make a fourth quarter comeback.

So now that's two strip fumbles in the fourth quarter on Goff this season that can be attributed to losses.

The Seattle game, and now the Philly game too. (Both at home)

In the fourth in the Seattle game, all we needed from Goff was to get GZ in field goal range as we were trailing by less than a field goal late in the game. Now in yesterdays game, all we needed from Goff was to move the chains and chew up the clock leading by 1 late in the game.
:gaah:

I'm really thankful these are the types of 'vents' we have this year, but still had he hung on to the ball in those two scenarios and moved the chains, we would be the current No. 1 seed in the NFC, and we would have already won the NFC West.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, that was the worst performance by our defense all year!

Is Philly that good, or did Wade's team get taken behind the shed?

Not sure at this point, could be a little of both. The one thing to look forward to, we may likely see these guys in Philly in the post season and I wouldn't expect a Wade Phillips defense to have another game like that one. So I guess there is the silver lining if you were trying to look for one.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We found Goff in unfamiliar territory again this season needing to put his team in position to win in the fourth quarter or make a fourth quarter comeback.

So now that's two strip fumbles in the fourth quarter on Goff this season that can be attributed to losses.

The Seattle game, and now the Philly game too. (Both at home)

In the fourth in the Seattle game, all we needed from Goff was to get GZ in field goal range as we were trailing by less than a field goal late in the game. Now in yesterdays game, all we needed from Goff was to move the chains and chew up the clock leading by 1 late in the game.
:gaah:

I'm really thankful these are the types of 'vents' we have this year, but still had he hung on to the ball in those two scenarios and moved the chains, we would be the current No. 1 seed in the NFC, and we would have already won the NFC West.

Goff did nothing wrong he was getting ready to pass and was stripped, a good defensive play taking advantage of an injured Havenstein being out. The Eagles defensive line is arguably the best in the league, that helps too.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, that was the worst performance by our defense all year!

Is Philly that good, or did Wade's team get taken behind the shed?

Not sure at this point, could be a little of both. The one thing to look forward to, we may likely see these guys in Philly in the post season and I wouldn't expect a Wade Phillips defense to have another game like that one. So I guess there is the silver lining if you were trying to look for one.

It is both, we gave up 24 in the first half and 13 in the second because we made adjustments. The refs helped extended drives and Philly's offense is great too. We were good defensively in the second even with the time of possession was completely one sided. They doubled our time of possession. The Rams offense had seven possessions in the first half and 2 were TDs, 4 were punts with 4 of those drives going no more than 5 plays, and the other was end of half.

That makes even fell better about the Rams.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff did nothing wrong he was getting ready to pass and was stripped, a good defensive play taking advantage of an injured Havenstein being out. The Eagles defensive line is arguably the best in the league, that helps too.
Not saying he did anything wrong, but he didn't do it right either. I guess he hangs onto the ball in certain situations too long especially in the 4 quarter when the game is on the line.

Understanding that your offensive line is going to wear thin by games end is something that needs to be adjusted to. Also he needs to understand those offensive line personnel changes likely affect the amount of time he has in the pocket.

Ever notice how well the Rams play on their first drive compared to their last drives in games? We are pretty good when our boyz are fresh but games are won and lost in the fourth quarter and this is an area of growth (hopefully) for Goff.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying he did anything wrong, but he didn't do it right either. I guess he hangs onto the ball in certain situations too long especially in the 4 quarter when the game is on the line.

Understanding that your offensive line is going to wear thin by games end is something that needs to be adjusted to. Also he needs to understand those offensive line personnel changes likely affect the amount of time he has in the pocket.

Ever notice how well the Rams play on their first drive compared to their last drives in games? We are pretty good when our boyz are fresh but games are won and lost in the fourth quarter and this is an area of growth (hopefully) for Goff.

Yeah, maybe he held the ball too long. With more experience and good coaching he will get better. He is doing great in his second year, in his twentieth game.

I'm going to look at the second halves and 4th quarter and I'll get back to you.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
H or A Opponent 2nd half 4th quarter
H Eagles 21-13 7-6
A Cards 13-3 6-3
H Saints 9-10 6-10
A Vikings 0-17 0-17
H Texans 24-0 3-0
A Giants 24-7 3-7 *
H Cards 10-0 7-0
A Jags 3-3 3-0
H Seahawks 0-6 0-3
A Cowboys 19-6 9-6
A 49ers 17-26 7-19
H Redskins 10-7 3-7
H Colts 19-6 9-6 *

* garbage time TD

In the 2nd halves the Rams have scored 169 to their opponents 104.
In the 4th quarter the Rams have scored 63 to their opponents 84 minus garbage time its 63 to 71.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long made a good play. Goff could have thrown the ball sooner but was waiting for Kupp to get wide open. I think Goff wanted to lead him pass the defender and hopeful make a big play after the catch...Would have been awesome but Long got to him...

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he will get better but commentators even said he needs to feel the pressure better and not hold onto the ball in those situations..which will result in a sack, fumble etc... Coaching and game experience will do that; im pretty impressed though for a 22 yr old kid leading a 9-4 team on arguably the most difficult position to be good at in the nfl QB. Big stride from last yr, but seriously we need to win out with the playoffs a possibility...a loss to the seachicks and it could possibly be down hill from there.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if we will ever hear what the personal foul penalty was. If it was on Donald that flag should have been picked up. Damn Zebras!
funny-zebra-window-crying-little-girl.jpg

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff probably saw Long on the edge and thought that old man ain't gonna get to me. :heh:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really amazing all the former Rams who made big plays yesterday. Foles didn't lose it, Long created the game changing fumble, McLeod recovered the game changing fumble. Geez! :gaah:

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but seriously we need to win out with the playoffs a possibility...a loss to the seachicks and it could possibly be down hill from there.

Nah, one more win maybe two at worst should get us the playoffs.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

havenstein came back in on the previous snap. TBH im putting alot of pressure on the Medical staff and Coaches because he clearly should have not went back out there

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
havenstein came back in on the previous snap. TBH im putting alot of pressure on the Medical staff and Coaches because he clearly should have not went back out there

Thinks for correction, I don't know why I was thinking he was out there. But your point remains, he was hurt and not ready to be back out there.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really amazing all the former Rams who made big plays yesterday. Foles didn't lose it, Long created the game changing fumble, McLeod recovered the game changing fumble. Geez! :gaah:
The Rams have had the players they just didn't have a head coach worth a penny, just think of all the football careers Fisher ruined due to poor coaching and a high school game plan and playbook. Sad! That being said Foles did miss seeing wide open receivers on more than one play.