• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Lions are the Zeke-less Cowboys

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the Cowgirls. Without a elite RB their OL looks like garbage and their mediocre QB is running for his life (and not making plays). The Cowboys have been slaughtered for 3 straight weeks. Why? Because stopping the run is now an after-thought for opposing defenses. Linebackers blitz gaps or drop into coverage against them and only react to the run when they see it.

The Lions have been the Zeke-less Cowboys for Stafford's entire tenure. We have the worst set of pure RB options in the league.
- Defenses don't get tired of tackling AA. He is a WEAK runner. (And fumble machine)
- Defenses live with Riddicks 10 potent touches per game. If he gets more touches he will break.
- Zenner must be too white to get a legit shot. His carry today included a broken tackle but the Lions don't like those.
- Washington gets hurt every time he gets the ball and he sucks.
- Tion Green looks like a tough runner and the Lions brass apparently don't like those.

Our offense isn't that bad because Stafford now has the talent and experience to rise above the lack of balance. But he can't get this offense to an elite level alone. He simply isn't Rodgers, Brees or Brady. But he gives this team a chance.

Stafford needs a tough and talented runner to force defenses to use a true front 7 to stop the run. Someone who pounds ahead for 5 yards a pop and punishes the opposing team. Someone who if he breaks a tackle can run away from a linebacker and safety.

For two straight off-seasons I begged on this board for the Lions to get a bigger, more talented back and I still think this team will not go anywhere until they do address this need.

Balance isn't just an equal number of runs and passes. Balance is creating an offense that poses an equal threat both running and passing. That is why our commitment to balance by forcing runs is lunacy.

This team would be 9-2 if they had a big, talented RB.

Let's hope we get one before there is nothing left of Stafford.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Lee is amazing (when healthy), but my focus is on the offense tonight. Sean Lee, aside from improving Cowboy starting field position, has nothing to do with the Cowboys offense looking this bad for 3 straight weeks.

Certainly the Lions defense needs to be better. Certainly we need to get at least one playmaker in the front 7. The Lions desperately need to spend their 1st rounder on defense up front.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- Zenner must be too white to get a legit shot. His carry today included a broken tackle but the Lions don't like those.
- Washington gets hurt every time he gets the ball and he sucks.
- Tion Green looks like a tough runner and the Lions brass apparently don't like those.

Yeah, I can't believe Zenner didn't get more run after he broke a tackle. Zenner probably banged Caldwell's wife.
Time to see what Zenner and Tion can do.

Stafford needs a tough and talented runner to force defenses to use a true front 7 to stop the run. Someone who pounds ahead for 5 yards a pop and punishes the opposing team. Someone who if he breaks a tackle can run away from a linebacker and safety.

For two straight off-seasons I begged on this board for the Lions to get a bigger, more talented back and I still think this team will not go anywhere until they do address this need.

Lions should throw an offer over to the Titans for Derrick Henry since their coaching staff would rather keep using Demarco Murray anyways.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time the Lions(7-9) could've wrote their own ticket to win the division they put the brakes on after a 5-3 start just to bow to the Packers(8-7-1) and Bears(8-8) in the division... Aaron Rodgers and Jay Cutler were both out with injuries. The Lions only beat the Browns in the AFC North and lost to a 4-12 Buccaneers team. So, with Aaron Rodgers coming back around week 15... what would be the chances of the Lions blowing off the playoffs and going after 3rd place in the Division again?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time the Lions(7-9) could've wrote their own ticket to win the division they put the brakes on after a 5-3 start just to bow to the Packers(8-7-1) and Bears(8-8) in the division... Aaron Rodgers and Jay Cutler were both out with injuries. The Lions only beat the Browns in the AFC North and lost to a 4-12 Buccaneers team. So, with Aaron Rodgers coming back around week 15... what would be the chances of the Lions blowing off the playoffs and going after 3rd place in the Division again?

They can say it all they want but I dont see Rodgers coming back this year. I have seen that injury before and the player almost never makes it back early. The few that do have an extremely high rate of re-fracture too. I doubt they will chance that.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember before the season.... Everyone thought we were gonna catch fire the second half of the season? Does anyone believe that now?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt Rodgers plays again this season.

There won't be a WC from the North either way.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember before the season.... Everyone thought we were gonna catch fire the second half of the season? Does anyone believe that now?
I never believed that in the first place.

They've already exceeded my expectations. With that one win versus a playoff team. Thanks Case Keenum.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sandbaggers can win out... but I'm not surprised if they're in schedule filler mode of giving more games away. One thing "YOU" can count on week after week is the 4th quarter heroic crap. The Lions play book...

how_to_shoot_yourself_in_the_foot.jpg

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sandbaggers can win out... but I'm not surprised if they're in schedule filler mode of giving more games away. One thing "YOU" can count on week after week is the 4th quarter heroic crap. The Lions play book...

how_to_shoot_yourself_in_the_foot.jpg

4th quarter comeback or bust for this team.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Errone who? Not I. 6-10 record for me. It has nothing to with a second half surge. I was and am expecting the Caldwell collapse.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Errone who? Not I. 6-10 record for me. It has nothing to with a second half surge. I was and am expecting the Caldwell collapse.

I don't quite expect a full blown collapse but he will conservatively manage them to close games the rest of the season, getting a lucky bounce, Matt Prater 50 yarder or Staffy miracle comebacks for a few more wins.