• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking for a movie to watch tonight. Recommend me something. Go.
how much time to do you have and what kind of movie are you looking for? mood?

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want a weird movie, I just watched Bad Boy Bubby last night. I think it's on Prime. You can think of it as a fucked up Australian version of Forrest Gump (though it came out first).

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blockers - wasn't impressed. Felt that the majority of funny moments were in the trailer and I don't like that they found a place to implant some politics. So tired of politics being pushed down everything. I would rate it a D.

That movie was fucking terrible... holy shit. Enough with the PC agenda on 'women can do everything' shit, Hollywood and 'why can't women have sex, but men can!?' thing. The film wasn't even funny for being a comedy.

Superbad did it so much better in exploring teenager sexual maturity/relationships without blatantly throwing it in our face. When the Mom of one of the girls gave us the lecture on "double standards with men/women on sex" thing... I was officially done with it.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlimited time, any drama
I don't have anything else in my head that I know you can scream other than what I suggested. It's the best of what I've seen streaming in the last two weeks. I'm sure there's better out there, but my mind's not going back too far right now, I could probably look for something better in an hour. At which point, you're either into the movie I suggested or you aren't, I'd stick through with it.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Seven Psychopaths.

Pretty entertaining so far.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last few movies (boring weekend):

1922 - 6/10,
Good movie with Thomas Jane (TV-MA) but horribly depressing. Basically a story about a father convincing his son to murder his wife/mom for financial reasons. It's 100% a character study as the plot is very straight forward... but I love character studies and don't mind watching horribly depressing films.

Horns - 6/10, Played by non other than Harry Potter. Film is a murder mystery with an interesting twist when Heaven/Hell get involved. Long story short, Daniel's character Iggy starts growing horns after everyone suspects him of murder of his girlfriend. The horns allow him to basically draw out everyone's worst/evil intentions (speaking to him) when around. He uses that to try and find the killer. 8/10 first half, 4/10 second half.

Resolution - 7/10,
Difficult to explain without spoilers, but long story short a friend goes up to an Indian reservation to help his drug addicted friend. A bit of a psychological thriller but didn't rely on any jump scares while keeping tension. The ending was really unique and a pretty cool way to go out. I really liked it.

Blockers - 1/10 (mentioned above), Premise sounded kind of fun. Parents find out their 3 teenage daughters are going to lose their V card on prom night and try to cock block. But OH MY GOD this was handled horribly. Hollywood went FULL PC in our face on this one actually SAYING in the movie (by the characters): "What about the double standards for women and men on sex? Is that fair?" (or something to that effect) and threw blatantly in our face at the end that teenage daughters know better than their parents on their life choices. UGH. ENOUGH, HOLLYWOOD - STFU.

Superbad did this SO much better (exploring teen sexuality) and ACTUALLY had comedy. Blockers drew out zero laughs on my end. Why didn't you just name the movie, "Women can do shit too, ya know!?" That would've got the message across in terms of what piece of shit PC agenda I was watching. I also love it assumes that just because the girls want to have sex, that the guys are 100% always down with it... I mean usually yah, but there are times (LIKE SUPERBAD AHEM A GOOD MOVIE) where the boy is not ready?

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't caught it myself yet, but I'm waiting for it to be available on one of the big three to stream.

For some reason I've had a lot of (good) foreign movies in the rotation the last few months. Not really sure why and like I said, they're all good so why not?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Scanner Darkly: 4/5 stars. Speaking of films that need rewatching- this is the first film I've ever seen, that when it concluded, I knew I would need to watch a second time to truly appreciate it. Some of the shots from the movie were amazing, almost Terry Gilliam-esque. (I unfortunately can't find them online when I looked earlier today, but I'm referring specifically, for example, to when the doctors were explaining to Keanu Reeves the two different hemispheres of the brain, and it was a shot from behind Reeves with each doctor on each side of him).

Honestly, one of the best sci-fi movies I've seen. The idea to animate the characters obviously referenced our view of people in real life who struggle with drug addiction; how our biases or preconceptions invariably color everything we see.

Reeves gave the best performance. I know people bag on him, but I think he's a pretty good actor. Watch this one if you haven't seen it yet.

PKD ftw

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you like it? I took kid to see it in Ann Arbor awhile back. Thought it sucked. He liked it, but it was a movie with dogs so......
It was funny in some parts but the overall movie was slow.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was funny in some parts but the overall movie was slow.

I am glad you got some enjoyment out of it. It has been awile since I saw it, it had just started the limited release when we saw it and I really dont remember many funny parts. The main dog had a few clever lines but that is about all I can recall.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been watching mostly older movies, in large part because they're easier to find. One thing in particular I enjoy is watching movies that were remade a number of years later.

Last night I watched The Killers (1946), starting Burt Lancaster and Ava Gardner. Burt plays a washed up boxer who gets in with a bad crowd. This leads to "bad things", with the movie opening with Burt getting shot. The rest of the movie is a flashback explaining how all this happened. Edmund O'Brien plays a prominent role as an insurance investigator, trying to figure out why Burt was shot. The movie is "OK" by my standards, but moved kind of slow at times.

I've also seen The Killers (1964), staring Lee Marvin, Angie Dickinson, and Ronald Reagan. It's essentially the same plot, but put together in a much more entertaining fashion. Marvin is one of the hoods who participates in the opening shooting sequence, and then he and his partner spend the rest of the movie investigating. There are several other changes to the plot line as well, for example the person who gets shot in the opening in this movie is a race car driver instead of a boxer. I've read that Reagan didn't enjoy making this movie, as it was the only "bad guy" he ever played.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
American Made with Tom Cruise

6.5/10

Don’t know what else to say. I’ve been watching a lot of drug cartel stuff lately.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giant. Loved that movie.

One of the things that pisses me off is what actually happened to Jet? After he fell over the tables drunk, that was it.

The ending was scene was great. All the shit he did for his legacy didn't mean shit, fighting and getting his ass kicked against racism did.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched You Were Never Really Here. It was strange to say the least, definitely dark but not absurdly dark... seemed like it was trying to hard to be a dark movie. I would say that I thought Joaquin Phoenix did a good job in the movie. The story was ok, but a little too bland for a troubled past/hitman movie. I would probably give it a 6/10 maybe 7/10 at the absolute highest.