• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue Velvet: 2.5/5 stars. A technical achievement for pretentious douchebags indeed; but to what end- To what end, David Lynch?

(I am making a thread on this.)
ziggy.jpg

well, ziggy says you're a ****

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
admittedly, it's been a while since i watched it, but i recall liking it. dean was one suave mother fucker. i remember laura dern reminded me of the seinfeld episode with the lady that looked good in certain light. some scenes, i'd be like, yeah i get it, others, i'm like who is this?

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
admittedly, it's been a while since i watched it, but i recall liking it. dean was one suave mother fucker. i remember laura dern reminded me of the seinfeld episode with the lady that looked good in certain light. some scenes, i'd be like, yeah i get it, others, i'm like who is this?
FUCK!

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Braven last night. It had some decent actors in it that I like (Jason Momoa, Stephen Lang and Garrett Dillahunt) so I gave it a shot. A decent DTV movie that I didn't feel like I wasted my time watching. 3 out of 5 stars

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker[:] 2/5 stars. Outside of Hamill's performance, which was good, this movie kind of sucks. I mean no one gives a fuck about Terry McGuiness (sp) and his girlfriend Dana or anything to do with them. The only other cool thing about this movie was that 2040 Gotham was a cool psychedelic backdrop for the story. I mean, fucking lava lamps with enough liquid to flood out a whole club? It's a shame the movie's plot couldn't do much for its cool setting.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ghost in the shell.....even the tits couldnt keep me engrossed until the end but it made my conference call mute time more enjoyable

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collateral: 2/5 stars.

As an action thriller? Meh, whatever, seen better, seen worse.

As a serious crime drama? Easy pass.

I liked it more than Heat (2/5 stars). Foxx was decent enough, but I’m really not too not big on “loser Jamie Foxx” as evidenced in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2/5 stars). Cruise was good, but I’ve seen far (far) better performances from him. I felt like the script held him back at times. His final death scene was good, probably the best part of the movie.

I guess in 2004, Jada Pinkett and Mark Ruffalo were aspiring actors who you could cast in roles that could be filled by anyone? Man, I guess 2004 is a long time ago.

Also, apparently elevators don’t run on electricity, never knew that.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read that about it too. It's an incredibly beautiful film almost like the artwork of the period. So I really like it for that.

But the story is just so.. boring.

Disagree. The building tension in that movie is SOOO well done. Maybe you were just sleepy or something when you watched it?

I really didn't feel much tension at all. I barely remember any dialogue. )
Just wanted to clear this up for you too. Patsfan was referencing Barry Lyndon when he said that the movie was beautiful but boring. Chf was referencing Collateral when he talked about the building of tension.

Kind of a humorous confusion between two movies. I’ll try to trick you guys again with The Incredible Burt Wonderstone and Serpico.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, ok then PF's response makes a WHOLE lot more sense.

There was a shit ton of dialogue in Collateral.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to clear this up for you too. Patsfan was referencing Barry Lyndon when he said that the movie was beautiful but boring. Chf was referencing Collateral when he talked about the building of tension.

Kind of a humorous confusion between two movies. I’ll try to trick you guys again with The Incredible Burt Wonderstone and Serpico.

HAHAHAHA. Ok. good. I guess I misunderstood which film we were talking about.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doctor Strange: 3.5/5 stars.

So the movie starts out with Benedict Cumberbatch doing surgical shit and saving motherfuckers' lives as a surgeon, with Rachel McAdams' hot ass assisting him. Then we see him (I shit you not) driving at least 120 MPH on a winding road and texting and looking at different memos on his tablet while it's raining. Naturally, I assume that Cumberbatch, or Dr. Strange, already has super powers. This must not be an origin story superhero movie I think.

Then, fucking Strange crashes his car and undergoes 11 different operations and apparently he doesn't have super powers.

Wait, what?!

No, no no. No. No. No. NO.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

You cannot tell me that Benedict Cumberbatch, a normal human being, was driving a winding road with twists and turns at >120 MPH while texting while it's raining. No, you can't do that. You can't not show characters smoking cigarettes, but show someone fucking driving that recklessly and expect me to believe it.

FUCK. YOU. SCOTT. DERRICKSON.

The rest of the movie was pretty good; same old formulaic MCU movie at this point. Cumberbatch is better than most heroes, but the villain was considerably weaker than most villains, so it evened out.

I will say that it is amazing how Marvel keeps hitting the jackpot on its new characters. I mean, I realize Paul Rudd, Chadwick Boseman, Chris Pratt, and Cumberbatch are all ~A-listers, but fuck man, they just keep churning out mildly-to-moderately enjoyable movies in between their attempted grand slams with their Avengers shit.

I liked this movie, and I'm excited to see the rest of MCU, including Infinity War.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Batman: Bad Blood.

I feel like you're jumping the shark when your Batman characters fire guns and get iron man suits. Wasted potential here but it's still about as enjoyable as a Teen Titans episode.

C+

Saw 30 minutes of Suburbicon and turned it off.

F

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Requiem For A Heavyweight

Anthony Quinn, Jackie Gleason, Mickey Rooney, 1962.

Written by Rod Serling.

Out-fucking-standing.

Even really has a young Cassius Clay portraying himself.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Book Club (2018)

I was with my parents last weekend, and my mom really wanted to see this movie but didn't want to go to the movies alone, so I went with her. A guy should not see this movie with his mother. A group of 60-70-year old women talking about sex and making raunchy jokes for half the movie. You have Diane Keaton, Jane Fonda, Candice Bergen, Richard Dreyfuss and Craig T. Nelson all in one movie; so I guess there's a spectacle to that, but there was nothing unique or creative about the plot here. Some critics liked it, and there were some laughs, but this movie certainly wasn't made with me in mind.

B

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone mentioned this recently but I can't recall what thread, and I don't know how I missed this movie 'til now...

Tucker and Dale vs. Evil.... Fucking great show. Hilarious. I love that heavy-set fella, he was by far my favorite part of Zac and Miri make a p0rn0.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone mentioned this recently but I can't recall what thread, and I don't know how I missed this movie 'til now...

Tucker and Dale vs. Evil.... Fucking great show. Hilarious. I love that heavy-set fella, he was by far my favorite part of Zac and Miri make a p0rn0.

The "fuck em, chuck em, football!" guy?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Fahrenheit 451 (2018) on Netflix.

If you read books then you probably don't see why this should even exist but it seems like this was made for the other 25-50% of the country that doesn't read. The acting is fantastic and I like a futuristic dystopian setting that isn't 75% white people because...future. The setting has some good visuals and Michael B Jordan plays his role about as well as he could.

There are some solid scenes but it really does feel like its about 15 minutes longer than it needs to be and you feel it drag. Its mostly about the two main actors and it takes a bit too long for it to come to its conclusion.

C+