• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And since I was not working yesterday and needed to decompress and "rinse" before returning to work today I sat back and watched the following 3 winners:

The Thin Man - (Powell and Loy) - a snappily paced, love it

To Kill a Mockingbird - Peck (and 1st appearance of Duvall) - great

I Am Sam - Penn and Fanning - makes me verklempt

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly`s heroes........5 of 5 rating.

After all these years,the movie is still awesome..All the actors played their parts well..........

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Place Beyond the Pines

Brawl in Cell Block 99

Both were very dark. I wasn't a big fan of either

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Place Beyond the Pines

Brawl in Cell Block 99

Both were very dark. I wasn't a big fan of either

Wanna say I've seen the first but it's vague... Brain cells come and go.....

Know for sure I haven't seen the 2nd but can probably rent it for a buck. After a 4 block walk.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanna say I've seen the first but it's vague... Brain cells come and go.....

Know for sure I haven't seen the 2nd but can probably rent it for a buck. After a 4 block walk.

The first one has Ryan Gosling, Eva Mendes, and Bradley Cooper in it

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a better solution.... tell humans to stop fucking and breeding. Remove tax and social incentives. If you want to have 2 kids in the US, fine... but you get no tax break for anything beyond the 1st kid and food stamps/child support, etc. are entirely eliminated. Require a license for breeding otherwise you could serve jail time, fines, and a complete revoke of voting rights, etc.

Because our entire economic system is based on growth?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MudBound

Meh. It was boring as fuck for the most part. But it was well done, and it tell the “right story”, so it will likely get lots of recognition.

6/10

I didn't like it at all. There were a couple of decent performances.. Carey Mulligan, the guy who played Ronsel and the guy who played Jamie.. the Ronsel & Jamie relationship was good, but that is it. The rest is just wildly overrated, imo.. especially Blige's stonefaced w/ sunglasses nothing of a performance and Jason Clarke and whatever TF he was trying to portray as Henry and whomever directed the damn thing.

Even Jonathan Banks, who I usually really like, was way over the top.. basically a caricature of evil. In fact the whole thing struck me as an over the top caricature of what it was trying to portray. But it was the ending that really capped it off for me..

After 2 hours of extremely downbeat suffering, tragedy and finally extreme violence, they slap a 2 minute happy Disney ending on the damn thing.

"You've got to be f'n kidding me" were my exact words as the credits rolled. My wife liked it and so do the critics, so your mileage may vary I guess. It was definitely not for me. At least it was on Netflix so it didn't cost me anything.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like it at all. There were a couple of decent performances.. Carey Mulligan, the guy who played Ronsel and the guy who played Jamie.. the Ronsel & Jamie relationship was good, but that is it. The rest is just wildly overrated, imo.. especially Blige's stonefaced w/ sunglasses nothing of a performance and Jason Clarke and whatever TF he was trying to portray as Henry and whomever directed the damn thing.

Even Jonathan Banks, who I usually really like, was way over the top.. basically a caricature of evil. In fact the whole thing struck me as an over the top caricature of what it was trying to portray. But it was the ending that really capped it off for me..

After 2 hours of extremely downbeat suffering, tragedy and finally extreme violence, they slap a 2 minute happy Disney ending on the damn thing.

"You've got to be f'n kidding me" were my exact words as the credits rolled. My wife liked it and so do the critics, so your mileage may vary I guess. It was definitely not for me. At least it was on Netflix so it didn't cost me anything.
I actually thought the VERY ending was intended as a bit of a swerve...

I thought they took his balls, not his tongue. There was no blood when his family found him, and they immediately covered his mid section. And knowing he already had a kid, I thought Jaime would have thought that to be the most humane of the options given.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched THE GREATEST SHOWMAN on Saturday Night. If you like music this picture is for you. Upbeat story most of the way, mostly done with singing and dancing. Hugh Jackman is excellent in the role of PT Barnum. Just a really enjoyable outing for everyone in the family. B

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prisoners (2013)

Ridiculously good and tense thriller about two missing girls. Both Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhall give great performances. 5/5

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brawl in Cell Block 99 is flat out horrible. Vince Vaughn is no badass. Thumbs down!

Good to hear, I wont go out of my way to watch it. The film looked flat out terrible and I generally find Vince Vaughn boring as fuck to watch anyway.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to hear, I wont go out of my way to watch it. The film looked flat out terrible and I generally find Vince Vaughn boring as fuck to watch anyway.

There’s a scene where he’s beating the shit out of his girlfriends car. It took him 10 punches to break the driver side window but he literally tore the hood off the car with one mighty grab. He looked like a little girl throwing punches. I get mad at myself for even watching an hour of that shit show!:L

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s a scene where he’s beating the shit out of his girlfriends car. It took him 10 punches to break the driver side window but he literally tore the hood off the car with one mighty grab. He looked like a little girl throwing punches. I get mad at myself for even watching an hour of that shit show!:L

I haven't seen it, but just have to say that punching a car window out is total movie magic bullshit. You'll break yer fucking hand before you break the window. I was up fishing one time with the family, 100 miles from anywhere, and as we were set to leave, my wife pulled the truck down by the river and loaded the dogs in....with the car running, AC on full blast and shut the door, immediately, my dog jumped up on the door to look out the window and in doing so stepped on the automatic lock, and locked the fucking door. Nobody within miles, no cell service, nothing. After cursing at God for a few minutes, I decided we would have to break the window. I picked up a heavy ass rock about the size of a watermelon, over my head, and chucked that shit as hard as I could at my side window. The fucking thing bounced off of it like it was rubber. It took like 6 tries before the shit finally broke.

Stupidest shit ever....My dog was fucking sleeping in front, basking in the AC, and the other retarded dog had his leash on still, and within minutes had managed to basically tie himself to the passenger seat, like seriously suspended up against the back rest. :lol:

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen it, but just have to say that punching a car window out is total movie magic bullshit. You'll break yer fucking hand before you break the window. I was up fishing one time with the family, 100 miles from anywhere, and as we were set to leave, my wife pulled the truck down by the river and loaded the dogs in....with the car running, AC on full blast and shut the door, immediately, my dog jumped up on the door to look out the window and in doing so stepped on the automatic lock, and locked the fucking door. Nobody within miles, no cell service, nothing. After cursing at God for a few minutes, I decided we would have to break the window. I picked up a heavy ass rock about the size of a watermelon, over my head, and chucked that shit as hard as I could at my side window. The fucking thing bounced off of it like it was rubber. It took like 6 tries before the shit finally broke.

Stupidest shit ever....My dog was fucking sleeping in front, basking in the AC, and the other retarded dog had his leash on still, and within minutes had managed to basically tie himself to the passenger seat, like seriously suspended up against the back rest. :lol:

That is some funny shit. You have the “Dumb and Dumber” version of dogs.( no offense!). I saw a video of a guy trying to break the side window of a car by head butting it. Dip shit tried about 5 times before giving himself a concussion and knocking himself out.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is some funny shit! You have the “Dumb and Dumber” version of dogs!( no offense!). I saw a video of a guy trying to break the side window of a car by head butting it. Dip shit tried about 5 times before giving himself a concussion and knocking himself out.

:L

hahaha....can almost guarantee, that there was a "Here, hold my beer" comment made before he attempted that stupid shit. whatta dummy

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL that's fuckin' hilarious. I wish someone had been recording it.

Punching out a car window can be done, but you have to make sure you're correctly throwing the punch (which most people don't know how to do) and be fairly strong. Good chance you're going fracture/break something or at the very list have some serious bone bruises. If you have to do it you should have some padding (like a balled up sweatshirt) unless your knuckles are muay thai quality.

Vince Vaughn is not that muscular/strong nor is his fist made of steel... so he in all likelihood would've probably failed after the first punch and broken his hand lol.