• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raid: Redemption 3.5 out of 5 stars. I really enjoyed it and was a fast paced action movie after the first 5-10 minutes. The fighting scenes I thought were really put together well. I can see how Dredd took a lot of its premise from it. Still debating about watching the sequel as I haven't really heard anything about that one.

Slightly off topic but I was looking at the top 10 grossing movies this year and there is currently only one at the moment (Dunkirk) that isn't a remake (Beauty and the Beast, It), comic book movie (GotG 2, Wonder Woman, Thor, Spiderman, Logan) or sequel (Despicable Me 3, Fate of the Furious).

Last edited:

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched Bedeviled on Netflix. Typical slasher flick where an app takes over your life essentially. You can see who is dying coming from a mile away but that's never taken away from the overall quality of a movie for me. Okay acting, not a bad concept for a movie. The scares were on point, some were much better than others. Overall not a bad movie.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raid: Redemption 3.5 out of 5 stars. I really enjoyed it and was a fast paced action movie after the first 5-10 minutes. The fighting scenes I thought were really put together well. I can see how Dredd took a lot of its premise from it. Still debating about watching the sequel as I haven't really heard anything about that one.

Slightly off topic but I was looking at the top 10 grossing movies this year and there is currently only one at the moment (Dunkirk) that isn't a remake (Beauty and the Beast, It), comic book movie (GotG 2, Wonder Woman, Thor, Spiderman, Logan) or sequel (Despicable Me 3, Fate of the Furious).

The movie world is all about remakes, sequels and superheroes nowadays. Movies like Dunkirk don't stand a chance at outperforming those movies, unfortunately. But, when it comes to award season, you'll never see those superhero movies or sequels up for a best picture award or something like that. Makes you wonder if a director or movie company would rather the accolades from these award shows or if they just care about the box office. You gotta know that if you're directing or writing a superhero movie, you aren't winning any awards aside from Best CGI or Best Costume or Best Effects.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The movie world is all about remakes, sequels and superheroes nowadays. Movies like Dunkirk don't stand a chance at outperforming those movies, unfortunately. But, when it comes to award season, you'll never see those superhero movies or sequels up for a best picture award or something like that. Makes you wonder if a director or movie company would rather the accolades from these award shows or if they just care about the box office. You gotta know that if you're directing or writing a superhero movie, you aren't winning any awards aside from Best CGI or Best Costume or Best Effects.

Dark Knight aside.....

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched 2 movies in the last few days.

Lady Bird. Picture has gotten a solid A in both newspapers and internet reviews. Lady Bird is a 2017 American comedy-drama film written and directed by Greta Gerwig, and starring Saoirse Ronan. She is absolutely spectacular as a dysfunctional teen. The rest of the picture drags a bit when she's not on screen. I can't see this as a best picture candidate, Saoirse Ronan should get a nomination for Best Actress. B+

Roman J Israel, Esq. was the second. As usual, a great performance by Denzel. A good fast paced movie that grabs you from the start. He plays a behind the scenes civil rights lawyer, who because of the death of his boss is out of a job when the firm folds. Some really good entertaining sub-plots holds your interest until the end.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the Omen 2.....omen 1 and 2 were awesome...anything after that was trash....Damian can be one bad mama jamma.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hitman's Bodyguard - 2 out of 5 stars. I was disappointed in this one as I thought Ryan Reynolds and Samuel L Jackson would've had better chemistry. Typical buddy cop type premise. Wait until it goes on premium cable to watch it or if you get a free code from Redbox or whatnot.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The battle of the bucks vs the praise that comes with awards. Take a sports outlook on this. All athletes want the money. When they've got enough they want at least one championship. However there will always be those who are just happy with the money and those that only want the rewards of winning the big prize. Such is life.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redbox has $0.15 movies for the next couple days...

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched Wonder Woman and Spider Man: Homecoming. Spider Man was okay. Decent, not the best but certainly not the worst. Wonder Woman was disappointingly okay. I was expecting it to be really good, but it wasn't. I am now on the fence on whether I should see Justice League or not.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justice League - 3.25 out of 5 stars. I enjoyed but a lot of it felt rushed. I think that this could've used an extra 10-15 minutes. Still way better than Batman vs Superman.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitmans Bodyguard is exactly what it bills itself to be and nothing more. Samuel Jackson is better in his role than Ryan Reynolds and I did laugh even if it was predictable.

C+

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched Bedeviled on Netflix. Typical slasher flick where an app takes over your life essentially. You can see who is dying coming from a mile away but that's never taken away from the overall quality of a movie for me. Okay acting, not a bad concept for a movie. The scares were on point, some were much better than others. Overall not a bad movie.
I was going to watch this last night, but that cover photo just looked too much like shit. Maybe tonight or tomorrow.

Watched Shot Caller yesterday. Felt it was done well enough. Good cast, I liked how they went back and forth from where he was and and where he came from and how it got to that point. I won't go any further as it might go downhill in my assessment overall, but it was decent movie to fill some time. 6.75 out of 10.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hitman's Bodyguard - 2 out of 5 stars. I was disappointed in this one as I thought Ryan Reynolds and Samuel L Jackson would've had better chemistry. Typical buddy cop type premise. Wait until it goes on premium cable to watch it or if you get a free code from Redbox or whatnot.
I agree. It was a big disappointment imo. A friend of mine got the movie online and we turned it off after 40 minutes.