• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it had a short run in the theater. Got a fair bit of internet love. I'd watched/read a couple of reviews, which even though they didn't spoil, certainly set it up as a bleak comedy.

I've never really thought of the monster flick genre as sci-fi though. Even supposed tech films like 'Pacific Rim,' didn't really fit sci-fi, imo.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT

8.5/10

Thoroughly enjoyed the film. Good mix of humor and genuinely creepy scenes. Stephen King is a crazy mofo

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Transformers - The Last Knight

You have to be in the mood to watch a Transformers movie and I was so I'll give it 1 7/10. Mark Wahlberg was pretty decent it it and there was an English broad with nice tits so that was good.

I thought it was several different writers and directors did their own thing and someone spliced it together. I yelled at my son when he said it was going to be bad and I said "I just want to be entertained".

He fell asleep about halfway through. I turned it off with about half hour left. Just couldn't.......

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was several different writers and directors did their own thing and someone spliced it together. I yelled at my son when he said it was going to be bad and I said "I just want to be entertained".

He fell asleep about halfway through. I turned it off with about half hour left. Just couldn't.......
This entire franchise is just shit. The first one was barely watchable, but decent enough, I guess. But all follow ups have been painful bad. The one before this one (Marky Mark’s first) actually made me somewhat angry.

I have no intention of watching this most recent entry. There just isn’t any point. And I watch EVERYTHING)

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This entire franchise is just shit. The first one was barely watchable, but decent enough, I guess. But all follow ups have been painful bad. The one before this one (Marky Mark’s first) actually made me somewhat angry.

I have no intention of watching this most recent entry. There just isn’t any point. And I watch EVERYTHING)

When it comes to these types of movies I give a lot on the leeway meter. This one was so stinky.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Marshall today. Both wife and I liked it. It just focuses on a small part of his life, a trial in Connecticut in which a Black man is being tried for a r*pe of a White woman that he claims he didn't commit. Movie does a very interesting plot twist which makes it more of a suspense movie than a bio on Marshall.

I'd give it a B+.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adventures in Babysitting (again lol) and American Made.

American Made was okay. I think it tried WAY too hard to be a Wolf of Wall Street/Blow type of movie. Still decent and entertaining but took me two separate occasions to finish it off (got halfway through and found something else to do, finished it a diff. day).

Adventures in Babysitting never gets old and was a pleasant re-watch after I've lived in Chicago for 4 years. Recognized all the major areas and when the car booster says, "A mall? What do you think we're in Boise, Idaho?" I died... I never got that joke until I moved to Chicago and of course there's no fucking mall anywhere near downtown lol. Also liked based on where they were driving, they look somewhat south side, and of course he says, "I wouldn't even get out of the car in this neighborhood." Tough to tell where the tow truck driver goes (cuts away) but you can tell when he's speeding he's definitely south of the city, although pretty close. That's not necessarily a bad area, but he may have diverted south to deal with the guy banging his wife.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only the Brave

Awesome Movie. The cast is fucking great so shouldn't be a huge surprise.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder Woman

Did this really need to be 2 hours and 21 minutes long? Good fuck, I thought the goddamned thing would never end.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money Monster 3/10

I’m surprised Clooney signed up for that crap. Wow.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 and 2 here.

I have seen those 3 movies countless fuggin' times. Moana's song is an earworm that digs in deep. Be humming that shit fer weeks.
Its pretty much the same song from Frozen. I had Moana on the list of movies I'll probably end up watching a million times if I have any daughters. It seems...tolerable.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its pretty much the same song from Frozen. I had Moana on the list of movies I'll probably end up watching a million times if I have any daughters. It seems...tolerable.

Most of those "kids" pixar-type movies are pretty tolerable IMO. Some are actually pretty dang good. I thought Inside Out was the best movie released in 2015. Quite profound, actually.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Libeled Lady. Jean Harlow is famous for not wearing undies.:yes::yes:
It's always nice to see beautiful, "healthy" women going braless.

Dracula 1931 (Spanish). This movie was filmed at the same time as the English language one but at night. This was a newly restored print showing at LACMA. It's as good as the EL one if not better, and a bit racier. Lupita Tovar is dazzling as the female lead. She ended up marrying the producer, P Kohner, and passed away last year at 106. Oh and she was still getting fan mail.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap::clap::2cents:
Wind River. I thought it was building to something more. It wasn't bad for what it was and I'm not sure exactly what I was expecting. It was ok.
I disagree. Great story, and performances by Renner, Graham Greene, and Gil Birmingham. I'll bet I'm not the only one who had to google that rifle:clap::2cents:

7.9 on IMDb. 8.5/10. Recommended.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida Project. I saw it yesterday and was initially luke warm about it, but this morning I wake up and find myself haunted by that little girl and her mother. Holy shit. A couple of memorable performances to say the least!