• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of weekends ago I watched "Tora Tora Tora" and "Midway" back to back. Seen them both several times obviously but never back to back. They really did a good job getting it historically accurate. I noticed the same Japanese names of the key strategiest and how they were present for Pearl Harbor attack but sick when the Midway strategies were being planned

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silence.

I regret watching this one. WAY too long. It's obvious this is a subject really dear to Scorsese's heart. But it was so dull. I was being tortured along with everyone else.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Game No Life: Zero

It was a Fathom Special Presentation last weekend. It had a one season anime that preceded it. Fans of the anime will not be disappointed. It's a very good prequel, even if it technically did not have the 2 lead characters from the TV show. It explained some things.

A-

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Transformers - The Last Knight

You have to be in the mood to watch a Transformers movie and I was so I'll give it 1 7/10. Mark Wahlberg was pretty decent it it and there was an English broad with nice tits so that was good.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw American Made with Tom Cruise last Saturday. My wife can't stand Tom Cruise and she liked the movie better than. Sort of comedy-drama-action movie. It moves at a pretty fast pace and holds your attention. I'd give it a B.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colossal

OMFG. What a ridiculous movie. If it stayed more light-hearted, it would have been a decent dumb monster flick. If it stayed more serious, it would have been a decent horror sci-fi monster flick. But it decided to try to be both, and it failed miserably.

I know you can’t hold a movie like this up to too much scrutiny, but with all that happens, why do the people of Seoul just go about their lives like normal every day? You KNOW what is going to happen. AVOID IT!

4/10

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Above the Rim.

Will watch again. Nobody ever told me Bernie Mac was in it. And Tupac was better at being Avon than Avon was. (Sorry, I don't remember Wood Harris' characters name.)

No idea how I've never seen it before.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Blade Runner 2049. Pretty good although somewhat confusing and jumbled. A lot of good with it though.

Great set design like the first etc. great glimpses of our supposed future. Looks real good.

Oh and Goslings girlfriend is cuuuute. Wicked cute.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wind River. I thought it was building to something more. It wasn't bad for what it was and I'm not sure exactly what I was expecting. It was ok.

Fences. I really enjoyed this one. Tremendous performances by Viola Davis and Denzel, who got robbed of the best actor Oscar. I haven't seen Manchester by the Sea but can't imagine Affleck being better than this. It lost me a bit the last 10-15 minutes or so, though, mostly because they really could have used a better actor in the role of their younger son.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hateful Eight. Was worried it would be boring. It was pretty good.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wind River. I thought it was building to something more. It wasn't bad for what it was and I'm not sure exactly what I was expecting. It was ok.

Fences. I really enjoyed this one. Tremendous performances by Viola Davis and Denzel, who got robbed of the best actor Oscar. I haven't seen Manchester by the Sea but can't imagine Affleck being better than this. It lost me a bit the last 10-15 minutes or so, though, mostly because they really could have used a better actor in the role of their younger son.

Affleck was very good but Denzel was even better. This is nothing new. Hollywood has a habit of passing the Oscars around and deciding that this is "someone else's" year.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colossal

OMFG. What a ridiculous movie. If it stayed more light-hearted, it would have been a decent dumb monster flick. If it stayed more serious, it would have been a decent horror sci-fi monster flick. But it decided to try to be both, and it failed miserably.

I know you can’t hold a movie like this up to too much scrutiny, but with all that happens, why do the people of Seoul just go about their lives like normal every day? You KNOW what is going to happen. AVOID IT!

4/10

I never once got the impression that it was trying to be a 'serious' movie.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never once got the impression that it was trying to be a 'serious' movie.
I thought the interactions between the two main characters were dark enough to take you out of the dumb comedy genre.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the interactions between the two main characters were dark enough to take you out of the dumb comedy genre.

Oh, it was completely a dark comedy. It just wasn't trying to be anything more than that. The citizens of Seoul were just what they are in all monster movies. They weren't TRYING to be realistic with that, anymore than those rubber suit black and white originals were.

I mean, why does she (and he) have control of the monsters in the first place?

How were we to view that on any realistic basis?

So, no I'd disagree that it was trying to be a 'dumb' comedy. It was totally a black, dark, witheringly sarcastic movie about not monsters on a grand scale, but the monsters we have inside us.

YRMV, of course.

I wouldn't say it was a 9 or 10 or anything, but I thought it was one of the better low budget efforts of that year. 7 at least.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, it was completely a dark comedy. It just wasn't trying to be anything more than that. The citizens of Seoul were just what they are in all monster movies. They weren't TRYING to be realistic with that, anymore than those rubber suit black and white originals were.

I mean, why does she (and he) have control of the monsters in the first place?

How were we to view that on any realistic basis?

So, no I'd disagree that it was trying to be a 'dumb' comedy. It was totally a black, dark, witheringly sarcastic movie about not monsters on a grand scale, but the monsters we have inside us.

YRMV, of course.

I wouldn't say it was a 9 or 10 or anything, but I thought it was one of the better low budget efforts of that year. 7 at least.
They made an attempt to explain that. In sci-fi, that is really all I require, so I was fine with that. I don’t really watch the old Godzilla movies (or the new ones, for that matter) so maybe that is just a trope. It just struck me as kinda dumb. Also, the scene where the military was assisting people getting away, and there was equal ped trafic going in both directions made me chuckle...

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They made an attempt to explain that. In sci-fi, that is really all I require, so I was fine with that. I don’t really watch the old Godzilla movies (or the new ones, for that matter) so maybe that is just a trope. It just struck me as kinda dumb. Also, the scene where the military was assisting people getting away, and there was equal ped trafic going in both directions made me chuckle...

See I didn't even begin to think of it as a sci-fi movie. Didn't even cross my mind.

That movie WOULD have been a bitch to market though.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See I didn't even begin to think of it as a sci-fi movie. Didn't even cross my mind.

That movie WOULD have been a bitch to market though.
Was it in the theaters? I never heard of it before I saw it on HULU.