• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Blue Lagoon last night for first time in over 30 years.

Holy shit! First, how were they able to film that movie in the late 70s? Second, how is Hulu able to post it without breaking child-pron laws? There was a 10(ish) year old boy and an 8(ish) year old girl running around with full frontal for a good portion of the first 30 mins or so of the movie. I understand that all of Brook Shields' scenes were done with body doubles (she was 14/15 during the filming), but I thought you still were unable to PORTRAY underage sex/nudity?

n/m

already addressed

Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get Out: OK, but a bit overrated. It had a very decent beginning and could have turned into a good psycho thriller, but the end kind of took the entire movie down a bad ending.
Just watched it tonight.

At first I was eye-rolling it. "Typical, all whiteys are racists who only see black people as slaves". Then I realized it is actually just a decent horror flick geared to a certain demographic. How is this any different from any of the Candyman movies? Tony Todd is just a typical voodoo priest, AKA scary black man. So why can't there be a movie about the boogieman living in suburbia New England?

Decent movie.

8/10

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched it tonight.

At first I was eye-rolling it. "Typical, all whiteys are racists who only see black people as slaves". Then I realized it is actually just a decent horror flick geared to a certain demographic. How is this any different from any of the Candyman movies? Tony Todd is just a typical voodoo priest, AKA scary black man. So why can't there be a movie about the boogieman living in suburbia New England?

Decent movie.

8/10

I would second that. A pretty decent movie that does have some moments of suspense. The wife surprised me.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Camera Store on Netflix.......

Just finished watching it about 10 minutes ago... Not worth it at all

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw MOTHER yesterday. It's about as complex and provocative as it gets. Talked to 2 theatre goers after the move and read a review on it. Seems like we were (maybe) way off. Using interesting camera angles that usually feature Jennifer Lawrence's face, this is one heck of a psychological thriller. Nothing really is as it seems. Turbulence and turmoil will keep you riveted if you like good movies. Would love to discuss this with someone.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw MOTHER yesterday. It's about as complex and provocative as it gets. Talked to 2 theatre goers after the move and read a review on it. Seems like we were (maybe) way off. Using interesting camera angles that usually feature Jennifer Lawrence's face, this is one heck of a psychological thriller. Nothing really is as it seems. Turbulence and turmoil will keep you riveted if you like good movies. Would love to discuss this with someone.
I have not seen it. I will certainly wait to see until it is on HBO or Netflix (if even then).

But I have heard HORRIBLE reviews of it so far. I have avoided detailed reviews just in case I do see it, though, so I don’t knows WHY it got bad reviews.

However, I understand Lawance does some serious nudity, so maybe it will be worth my time to see it when it is free...

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not seen it. I will certainly wait to see until it is on HBO or Netflix (if even then).

But I have heard HORRIBLE reviews of it so far. I have avoided detailed reviews just in case I do see it, though, so I don’t knows WHY it got bad reviews.

However, I understand Lawance does some serious nudity, so maybe it will be worth my time to see it when it is free...

Or, just fast forward to those scenes :thumb:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its hard for me to imagine a movie with those actors and that director being terrible. Lawrence in particular is on top of Hollywood so its hard to imagine that a movie focused around her is in any way bad. She pretty much saved Passengers all by herself.

I know the central theme and its not hard to imagine why some people would walk out and/or think its awful. Usually things around that central theme are polarizing if they're actually trying to say something.

I'm waiting for home release, though. And possibly a solo watch because I doubt my s.o. will like this. The nudity itself is supposed to be commentary, I'd imagine, and I doubt its going to be one that puts men in a good light.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No nudity at least of anything you want to see.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard for me to imagine a movie with those actors and that director being terrible. Lawrence in particular is on top of Hollywood so its hard to imagine that a movie focused around her is in any way bad. She pretty much saved Passengers all by herself.

I know the central theme and its not hard to imagine why some people would walk out and/or think its awful. Usually things around that central theme are polarizing if they're actually trying to say something.

I'm waiting for home release, though. And possibly a solo watch because I doubt my s.o. will like this. The nudity itself is supposed to be commentary, I'd imagine, and I doubt its going to be one that puts men in a good light.

Well, that's the thing....Passengers wasn't good.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jennifer Lawrence is very good in this movie. I wouldn't be surprised if she got an Oscar nomination. Unless you've seen it, it's very hard to talk about it. This movie is pure mayhem at the end and almost leaves you exhausted.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kingsman 2: The Golden Circle

A nice continuation of the first movie, but it completely tears down most of what we once knew. If you liked the first one, you'd like this one. Not terribly clever, but cool and enjoyable. Over 2 hours long. Everybody loves Harry Hart. A great celebration and poking fun of what's thought of "American" culture (and to a degree, British culture).

B

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jennifer Lawrence is very good in this movie. I wouldn't be surprised if she got an Oscar nomination. Unless you've seen it, it's very hard to talk about it. This movie is pure mayhem at the end and almost leaves you exhausted.
Seeing as it getting pretty universally oanned, I would be shocked if there were any noms for this flick.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re: mother! My impression (haven't seen it either) is that most people find the movie taking itself and its 'meaning' way too seriously. Also trying too hard to be both obtuse and clever.

Some movies like that I've seen and loved, others (hello Thin Red Line), I thought sucked swollen Blue Whale Nuts, to borrow a phrase from another poster).

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing as it getting pretty universally oanned, I would be shocked if there were any noms for this flick.

I wouldn't say panned

It's more mixed at worst

But ya probably not getting noms. Especially since it flopped box office wise

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It got a B in The Dallas Morning News and 3 stars out of 4 in USA Today.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wind River (2017)

This is really well-made, albeit depressing, and the ending was too simple compared to the lead up. It also has a nice educational component. You learn a couple things. The FBI agent is from Fort Lauderdale, like me. So that's a plus.

A-

This marks the 12th movie I've seen in theaters in 2017.