• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just not a Stones person. Some songs, yes but as a whole eh.

Now The Who.......Love The Who.

That is your right.

I like Live at Leeds. Great CD. You can keep Tommy. And Quadrophenia was OK.

Their body of work is limited.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Dogs Purpose.

Fuck I teared up during that movie.

My 7 yr old saw it with my wife. He wasn't sad at all during the scenes that I thought he would. They did those very tastefully.

I would recommend especially if you are a dog lover.

We never did a lot of theatre movies with my kids.

I do recall my daughter crying when Optimus Prime ran into trouble in the animated Transformers movie. That was in a theatre.

When the crippled kid got killed in Platoon. And when Arnie lowered himself into the molten metal in T2. Both of those were rentals viewed at home.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is your right.

I like Live at Leeds. Great CD. You can keep Tommy. And Quadrophenia was OK.

Their body of work is limited.

No live for Odds and Sods? Lol

And I will raise you by saying everything after Tattoo You was donkey dung

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O&S? Adequate.

I would not argue that (Tattoo You). Personally I'd start the demise at Irrational Miscue...

I think my hate for them revolves around the fact I bought some really expensive tickets to see them at the Silverdome and they sucked ass. I can not heap praise on them again. It was the Voodoo lounge tour. And for some reason"sympathy for the devil" gets under my skin. I do like me some "Brown Sugar" :D

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my hate for them revolves around the fact I bought some really expensive tickets to see them at the Silverdome and they sucked ass. I can not heap praise on them again. It was the Voodoo lounge tour. And for some reason"sympathy for the devil" gets under my skin. I do like me some "Brown Sugar" :D

It's all good.

Never seen them live. I do own 3 concert BluRays though.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all good.

Never seen them live. I do own 3 concert BluRays though.

I have seen very few concerts on the tube. I remember seeing Billy Joel 31 years ago at my cousins husband's dad's place. He was a strange bird.....played every "air instrument" like he was performing the music himself.

Queen in Montreal has been on some Mtv channel and I can watch them all day long. Freddy was just so bad ass..about as perfect as you could be on the mic.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Time To Kill

Very VERY good movie. Might replace Remember the Titans as my favorite movie

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched The Mummy starring Sir Thomas Cruise. Not bad, actually.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Dogs Purpose.

Fuck I teared up during that movie.

My 7 yr old saw it with my wife. He wasn't sad at all during the scenes that I thought he would. They did those very tastefully.

I would recommend especially if you are a dog lover.

Uh.....Hug that kid more. :thumb:

I do look forward to seeing it. I'll have my Kleenex box close by.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen very few concerts on the tube. I remember seeing Billy Joel 31 years ago at my cousins husband's dad's place. He was a strange bird.....played every "air instrument" like he was performing the music himself.

Queen in Montreal has been on some Mtv channel and I can watch them all day long. Freddy was just so bad ass..about as perfect as you could be on the mic.
I saw the Queen in Montreal special as well. Pretty awesome.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freddy blows the roof off with Under Pressure. I think he is the best voice ever in Rock.
Listening to Queen's Greatest Hits right now. Bowie is my favorite rock musician, so him and Freddy on one track was fucking amazing.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Time To Kill

Very VERY good movie. Might replace Remember the Titans as my favorite movie
I think you've said you don't watch a lot of films, but you need to seriously watch more films if "A Time To Kill" (3.5/5 stars) replaces "Remember The Titans" (3/5 stars) as your favorite film.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to Queen's Greatest Hits right now. Bowie is my favorite rock musician, so him and Freddy on one track was fucking amazing.

I like Bowie a ton but I think Freddy is above him in the voice department. MO.

Now I don't think Queen is the best "rock" group. That belongs to AC/DC, MO. Favorite songs (as a whole) go to ZZ Top.

Drill down into sub genres and I have other favorites.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now I don't think Queen is the best "rock" group. That belongs to AC/DC, MO. Favorite songs (as a whole) go to ZZ Top.

I am admittedly pretty ignorant when it comes to rock. I just started getting into it maybe 8 months ago, after primarily being a hip-hop fan my whole life.

I didn't think you regarded Queen as the best band ever- most people don't according to what I've read. I have heard his voice regarded as the best, however.

To prove my ignorance regarding rock, I think I only know four songs from AC/DC: Back in Black, Highway to Hell, TNT, and (my favorite) You Shook Me All Night Long. That song is fucking bad ass. I don't know any ZZ Top songs, I don't think.

I had never heard of AC/DC being referred to as the greatest rock band. Obviously, The Beatles, Beach Boys, maybe Stones; but never AC/DC. Is this just your personal opinion and taste, or is that common thought?

And yeah, Bowie is the best to me. I've listened to a lot of stuff from basically every time period, from Space Oddity and Changes (his early stuff) to Ziggy Stardust (rock) to Let's Dance and Modern Love (pop) to his last two albums (The Next Day and Blackstar). Obviously I missed some of his era's in my summation (glam rock, Tin Man), but I am just amazed how he could always switch his style and be amazing. His last album released, I believe, 4 days before his death in 2016, had him trap-rapping on a song. A 69 year old rock musician dabbling in trap-rap. Amazing.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you haven't checked out the music video to "Lazarus," please do so.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am admittedly pretty ignorant when it comes to rock. I just started getting into it maybe 8 months ago, after primarily being a hip-hop fan my whole life.

I didn't think you regarded Queen as the best band ever- most people don't according to what I've read. I have heard his voice regarded as the best, however.

To prove my ignorance regarding rock, I think I only know four songs from AC/DC: Back in Black, Highway to Hell, TNT, and (my favorite) You Shook Me All Night Long. That song is fucking bad ass. I don't know any ZZ Top songs, I don't think.

I had never heard of AC/DC being referred to as the greatest rock band. Obviously, The Beatles, Beach Boys, maybe Stones; but never AC/DC. Is this just your personal opinion and taste, or is that common thought?

And yeah, Bowie is the best to me. I've listened to a lot of stuff from basically every time period, from Space Oddity and Changes (his early stuff) to Ziggy Stardust (rock) to Let's Dance and Modern Love (pop) to his last two albums (The Next Day and Blackstar). Obviously I missed some of his era's in my summation (glam rock, Tin Man), but I am just amazed how he could always switch his style and be amazing. His last album released, I believe, 4 days before his death in 2016, had him trap-rapping on a song. A 69 year old rock musician dabbling in trap-rap. Amazing.

Just my opinions.

I am not much of a Stones fan so I am tainted to not like them and I consider The Who a better band. I saw both live and The Who blew my doors off while the Stones underwhelmed me by about as much as they could.

Beatles were innovators and had some great songs. Same with the Beach Boys. Will not put either group down. My favorite from the era is the Hollies. They do not have the catalog as the others but I love the Hollies. One of my favorites songs of all time is "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother".

Growing up ZZ had some fun songs....Pearl Necklace, Legs, Tube Snake Boogie etc from El Loco but that was their 11th album. They had many more earlier ones that are solid. Their First album got me into listening to blues rock and is one of my "rotation" albums. "My Heads in Mississippi" is a song that is always stuck in my head, from Recycler. They have a way of talking about gettin some that is always a head turner.