• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Handmaiden

I wasn't sure what it was going to be about going in and I was pleasantly surprised. Great movie all around.

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prisoners. Really dark, but really good. Directed by Denis Villenueve, who also directed Sicario and Arrival, both of which I enjoyed a lot. I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with Blade Runner 2049 later this year.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2 last weekend. It was awesome! I would rate it 9.5 out of 10.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prisoners. Really dark, but really good. Directed by Denis Villenueve, who also directed Sicario and Arrival, both of which I enjoyed a lot. I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with Blade Runner 2049 later this year.

I did some work for the lane closures they needed for that movie. They wanted to shut down part a major road the Saturday the Final Four was in town, along with a Braves home game, and a Hawks home game.

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did some work for the lane closures they needed for that movie. They wanted to shut down part a major road the Saturday the Final Four was in town, along with a Braves home game, and a Hawks home game.

Are you referring to the scene near the end of the film where Jake Gyllenhaal's character is driving to the hospital?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hacksaw Ridge.

Best war flick since SPR? Probably. But still no SPR.

9/10

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool Hand Luke: 4/5 stars. Ultimately, a bit of a let-down of a second act, but the climax and ending were pretty awesome. PN with an iconic performance.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sting: 3.5/5 stars. A little heavy on the Redman, a little light on the Newman, but still a pretty entertaining film.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Quest for More Money Again

A solid movie for 13 yr old boys who haven't seen enough movies to really be jaded by how formulaic the whole thing is. Javier Bardem is far and away the most interesting character and its somewhat disappointing that the movie tacks on some old cliched characters to take away the focus from the interesting characters (Bardem, Depp and the Pirates). Some major dialogue in Spanish with no subtitles but its not tacked on like in Logan. Still, I guess that dialogue wasn't really all that important. The movie somehow manages to make the feminist character show her cleavage for half of the movie which is a really interesting decision and then manages to attach her to 2 of the main male characters in a convenient and cliche way. Some fun jokes mostly at Depp's expense but overall its a mostly forgettable experience even if it ties up the trilogy (if you pretend the 3rd and 4th Pirates movies don't exist) fairly well with a nice bow on the end.

C+

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched John Wick 1. What a steaming pile of shit. I'm still gonna watch John Wick 2 though lol

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despicable me 2.

Great kids movie just like the first and Minions. My just turned 7 year old was almost tearful at the end (in a good way).

Not the first time I saw movie but was last movie I saw.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eyes Wide Shut: 4/5 stars. A great movie that may bore some not already familiar with Kubrick's work. Tom Cruise was excellent, but this certainly wasn't a Cruise vehicle. The lighting (excellent decision to have the film take place during Christmas), the motif's (Cruise showing nearly everyone his doctor's license to prove he is who he is), and especially the haunting score were all perfect.

To me, the movie was initially about the constraints of traditional marriage, but then the benefits of it. Kidman's character is at first happy to be enticed by the older gentleman at the party, but then finds her self crying after her vivid dream of fucking the naval officer and other men. Cruise, too, is at first enticed by the many woman he meets, but after his encounter with the Satanic cult, and even finding out the hooker he was going to bang was HIV positive, he himself is crying on the very same bed aside his wife, Kidman. They realize that they are happy to have survived their moments of lust, and agree to fuck each other soon, showing that they both need a monogamous and faithful relationship.

My second favorite Kubrick movie, after "A Clockwork Orange" (4/5 stars).

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eyes Wide Shut: 4/5 stars. A great movie that may bore some not already familiar with Kubrick's work. Tom Cruise was excellent, but this certainly wasn't a Cruise vehicle. The lighting (excellent decision to have the film take place during Christmas), the motif's (Cruise showing nearly everyone his doctor's license to prove he is who he is), and especially the haunting score were all perfect.

To me, the movie was initially about the constraints of traditional marriage, but then the benefits of it. Kidman's character is at first happy to be enticed by the older gentleman at the party, but then finds her self crying after her vivid dream of fucking the naval officer and other men. Cruise, too, is at first enticed by the many woman he meets, but after his encounter with the Satanic cult, and even finding out the hooker he was going to bang was HIV positive, he himself is crying on the very same bed aside his wife, Kidman. They realize that they are happy to have survived their moments of lust, and agree to fuck each other soon, showing that they both need a monogamous and faithful relationship.

My second favorite Kubrick movie, after "A Clockwork Orange" (4/5 stars).
I probably need to watch this again. I saw it once when I was a teenager and I just remember the movie lasting about a half an hour too long with a ridiculously minimal soundtrack.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dial M for Murder- trying to make my way through some classics. Basically a movie shot in one room, yet it is damn good. There is a reason Hitchcock is such a well known film maker. 4.5/5

Memento- Definately a strange film, but in a good way. Its a great Christopher Nolan film, but if you can't get into non-chronological films don't bother. 4/5

Taxi Driver- Probably need to give this a second watch, just feel a lot of things went over my head through the first viewing. Very deep film, would give it 3.5/5 with a second viewing necessary to properly evaluate.

Goodfellas- still holds up over time. Love this film if you have't seen it, get on that. 5/5

A Few Good Men- got fussed by some people for not watching it. I love trial books and films and this one is extremely well done. 4/5

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dial M for Murder- trying to make my way through some classics. Basically a movie shot in one room, yet it is damn good. There is a reason Hitchcock is such a well known film maker. 4.5/5

Memento- Definately a strange film, but in a good way. Its a great Christopher Nolan film, but if you can't get into non-chronological films don't bother. 4/5

Taxi Driver- Probably need to give this a second watch, just feel a lot of things went over my head through the first viewing. Very deep film, would give it 3.5/5 with a second viewing necessary to properly evaluate.

Goodfellas- still holds up over time. Love this film if you have't seen it, get on that. 5/5

A Few Good Men- got fussed by some people for not watching it. I love trial books and films and this one is extremely well done. 4/5
Some excellent movies on this list. The only one I haven't seen is Dial M For Murder, which has been on my "to-watch" list for a while.

My ratings of your movies:

Memento: 4/5 stars
Taxi Driver: 3.5/5 stars
Goodfellas: 4/5 stars
A Few Good Men: 4.5/5 stars

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some excellent movies on this list. The only one I haven't seen is Dial M For Murder, which has been on my "to-watch" list for a while.

My ratings of your movies:

Memento: 4/5 stars
Taxi Driver: 3.5/5 stars
Goodfellas: 4/5 stars
A Few Good Men: 4.5/5 stars
Recently watched Vertigo as well. I want to rewatch Chinatown and Dog Day Afternoon. Right now I have a huge list of old school films I need to see.