• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The King Has Surrendered

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has had the opportunity to go to the other repertoire.

When I watched him start last night, I expected (but not hoped) him to start getting dinged on from the beginning.

Felix seems to realize his situation from the post-game interview I watched.

Question is: what will the Org do....if anything.
Before the team moves from Felix, at least for this year, that have to have a suitable replacement lined up first. The immediate candidates are Erasmo Rameriz, Casey Lawrence, Christian Bergman and Roenis Elias.
Lawrence has the best numbers at AAA but he's been awful at the MLB level.
Berkman has had some success in the past but he has a 5.38 ERA at AAA so he clearly will not be an upgrade
Rameriz I guess is the heir apparent if he is healthy finally. Is he? Who the fuck knows. They need to stop trading for pitchers on rosters from the state of Florida.
Elias is already in the rotation at least until brittle bitch Paxton comes back. Is he back? Who the fuck knows about him either?
So, to get to the point, if they don't make a trade, Felix is probably staying in the rotation.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the reason for the post because he got lit up like a Christmas tree the other day but him being a bad starter isn't exactly breaking news. He has been bad for 3 years now. And its not injuries because he was bad before the multiple DL trips. The whole reinvent himself thing has been regurgitated dozens of times now. He is what he is. I don't care if he goes on a diet, hires Iron Glen or does whatever the results don't change and he himself wont adapt. It doesn't seem like he listens to Servais or any of the coaches so we are left just waiting until that contract ends while him and his over 5 ERA get showcased with Jesters Court in the background.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't go to other boards to troll, but King Felix is a big name and he has been a great pitcher for a while. Felix Hernandez needs to reinvent himself and add finesse to his repertoire. Case in point Justin Verlander who was washed up a couple of years ago. Be a little patient with him and he may pleasantly surprise you.

Problem with that is that Felix doesn't have the work ethic to 'reinvent himself'....

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he hasn't tried to reinvent himself. Problem is he doesn't have the pitch selection to make a reinvention as easy. If his main out pitch wasn't a changeup it would make it more possible but when his fastball is only a few MPH than his other main pitch it's tough. He needs to practice making his slider or sinker as his outpitch.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with that is that Felix doesn't have the work ethic to 'reinvent himself'....

Yep, should have started this a couple of years ago but obviously that hasn't happened.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't trade him to Houston ... you will regret it. As a side note, no regret for trading Verlander to Houston ... It's great to see him successful, the Tiger rebuild was not a good place for him.
No. Wrong. Not even Houston could save him. Houston's three big acquisitions, Verlander/Cole/Morton all throw 96+ mph. The Houston pitching coach just tweaked the pitchers' mechanics a little and had them add a pitch to their arsenal. Felix is at 89, maybe 90 on a good day. A mechanical tweak isn't going to fix that. Nothing will. He's never going to throw 95 again.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be his last start of the season tonight... If he has a poor start, i'm curious to see how mgmnt handles this...

Kernz

Sativa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Yes, we're getting close to the game and his start.

He'll get a standing ovation.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be his last start of the season tonight... If he has a poor start, i'm curious to see how mgmnt handles this...

Has to go to the pen or he gets DL'd with some mystery injury.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time will tell after his quitting tonight.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"There's no hope for him now, Travis. He's suffering. You know we've got to do it."

"Yes Mama. But he was my dog. I'll do it."

LwBs0am.gif

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best that Gonzales followed suit today. And so will the rest of this so-called pitching staff.

Meanwhile, Servais and DiPoto are laughing it up over drinks...fuck these guys

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone saw him go bull pen that is not a surrender.....just a downsize(like after the kids are gone..lol)

if he can go two good innings...anytime.....out of the pen...that would give depoto one thing he is looking for
in good mid range relief

and make the mariners pen that much more dangerous to the opposing team

this is also a bit of a projection...the starters==paxton ,leake gonzales,ramirez,leblanc

diaz
colome
vincent
pazos...LHP
tuivailala..i think he is good and the best trade made at that time.maybe ==with maybin..he adds almost the exact thing needed

altalvilla/bradford

leblanc/elias..LHP..one of these guys would have to be traded ..cuz they cant go down..i think
if they got a #2 pitcher at some time..or ramirez would go here...or six man rotation..or
eight man pen...lol...seems fexable...that is good

hernandez

that is a awsome pen....if you ask me

and after that ......the king would still be the king..........lol

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
phelps will be hanging around ...after..T,J...next year...i would think by by nicasio

plus adding..some LHP at tacoma lvl

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why they needed the two guys they traded for in bull is...cuz elias is ten day..and ramirez is still out

but comeing from the minors they will have ..prob at AAA next year festa,Mckay and warren

which makes it seem even more dangerous....and deeep

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just like houston has peachicken...the mariners would have the king

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and hope is rekindled

Kernz

Sativa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he can go two good innings...anytime.....out of the pen...that would give depoto one thing he is looking for
in good mid range relief

and make the mariners pen that much more dangerous to the opposing team

But Felix is getting hit off of constantly, and it happens from the beginning.