• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Jazz Are The Worst Team In Sports

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder also shares some responsibility in yesterday's game. Send a triple team at Bryant.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder also shares some responsibility in yesterday's game. Send a triple team at Bryant.

We proved we were better in the first three quarters, then we watched and tanked and played for the draft pick. And without Kobe being great at the end, he would have foiled it.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We proved we were better in the first three quarters, then we watched and tanked and played for the draft pick. And without Kobe being great at the end, he would have foiled it.

The odds are so low for a top 3 draft pick after the 8th worst record, 1 loss wasn't going to change anything.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul George would have helped make sure Bryant didn't score 60.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The odds are so low for a top 3 draft pick after the 8th worst record, 1 loss wasn't going to change anything.

I was talking about being one spot ahead, not lottery.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about being one spot ahead, not lottery.

Right. So having the 12th worst record (as they currently do), or tied 2 ways for 12th with Washington if they won the last game of the season. Regardless, the draft lottery odds barely change.

It's either a .7% chance at the # 1 pick, or if tied with Washington, then one team would be .7%, and the other .6%, based on a coin flip tiebreaker.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. So having the 12th worst record (as they currently do), or tied 2 ways for 12th with Washington if they won the last game of the season. Regardless, the draft lottery odds barely change.

It's either a .7% chance at the # 1 pick, or if tied with Washington, then one team would be .7%, and the other .6%, based on a coin flip tiebreaker.

Man, I don't care about the lottery. We're not getting it. I'm talking about getting to pick a player 12th or 13th. Sometimes the difference between one pick and the next is a big difference if you have good evaluators or someone wants to trade up with you to get ahead of the 13th pick.

Makes a difference with the team that is trading with the 12th pick team because now they wouldn't have to trade up to the 11th spot to get ahead of the other guy (now 13th). In football, I have had a team with a pick right ahead of us, pick the player I wanted. Now if there were no tiebreakers involved, then too bad. But sometimes I think after the fact, that if we had just lost one game or lost a different game for the tiebreaker, we would have that pick.

Now you might say it's a crapshoot and that every team has different needs and that would most likely get the player we want anyway because the team ahead of us would likely have a different need, but what disvantage is there of having the better pick? None really unless the value is not there and he can't trade down and now you're stuck with a higher slotted contract. So therefore I would want to lose that Lakers game.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I don't care about the lottery. We're not getting it. I'm talking about getting to pick a player 12th or 13th. Sometimes the difference between one pick and the next is a big difference if you have good evaluators or someone wants to trade up with you to get ahead of the 13th pick.

Makes a difference with the team that is trading with the 12th pick team because now they wouldn't have to trade up to the 11th spot to get ahead of the other guy (now 13th). In football, I have had a team with a pick right ahead of us, pick the player I wanted. Now if there were no tiebreakers involved, then too bad. But sometimes I think after the fact, that if we had just lost one game or lost a different game for the tiebreaker, we would have that pick.

Now you might say it's a crapshoot and that every team has different needs and that would most likely get the player we want anyway because the team ahead of us would likely have a different need, but what disvantage is there of having the better pick? None really unless the value is not there and he can't trade down and now you're stuck with a higher slotted contract. So therefore I would want to lose that Lakers game.

Thanks. That example cleared up the confusion.

I guess the Jazz could have won the game, then won the coin flip with Washington so they'd still be 12th. In my world where they would get both the win, and the same draft slot. 50/50 risk.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now it doesn't matter if the Jazz would have picked 12th or 13th.

Atlanta would have done the deal, regardless if the Jazz had 12th or 13th.

And they still could have gotten 12th had they won the final game and tied Washington, then won the coin flip tiebreaker to slot them 12th and Washington 13th.

Also, Utah should have done a straight deal with Atlanta, draft pick for Teague.

Not for George Hill.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regard to your thread title, that's another thing you won't catch me saying... unless they unretired Stockton's number.

What if they unretired Malone's number, and unretired Stockton's number, and retired a merged number instead?

Would you want the merged number to be 132 or 312?

We can't have any combinations where 2 is before 3, including the combination 213, because that would remind people of that Airball guy on that team with the red oxen as a mascot.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't updated this thread about an actual game since April 14, 2016.

Well, they deserve it after losing to Atlanta by 14 yesterday.

The Jazz Are The Worst Team In Sports, for losing to Atlanta.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if they unretired Malone's number, and unretired Stockton's number, and retired a merged number instead?

Would you want the merged number to be 132 or 312?

We can't have any combinations where 2 is before 3, including the combination 213, because that would remind people of that Airball guy on that team with the red oxen as a mascot.

A merged number would be 44. But since that is Maravich's number, it should be added to 44. So 88.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A merged number would be 44. But since that is Maravich's number, it should be added to 44. So 88.

Great post! I didn't even think of that.

POST OF THE MONTH.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't updated this thread about an actual game since April 14, 2016.

Well, they deserve it after losing to Atlanta by 14 yesterday.

The Jazz Are The Worst Team In Sports, for losing to Atlanta.

After thinking about it some more, I think I want to retract my reaction about the Jazz being The Worst Team In Sports after the Atlanta loss.

It's bad to lose to one of the worst teams in the league, and they did get blown out.

But, I actually think there are worse losses possible. They could have lost by 19+.

This was also not a wire to wire loss. It was a competitive first half.

A wire to wire blowout loss would be a worse loss. And that would probably be deserving of a bump in this thread.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was 38-39

Outscored 79-30 after.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to me. I had thought about it, but my reason for not putting this loss in this thread, is because I thought this would be a bad game. Due to not beating Dallas by more last time, it showed me that they have to shape up and get their butts in gear.

(Sorry for 2 consecutive trite expressions.)

Worst Team In Sports thread bumps, or "I Hang My Head In Shame" bumps, apply to games where one thinks it will be a win, or have a good feeling, and it's an unexpected bad loss.

IMO.

I'm still not over the loss in Bryant's last career game. One of the big reasons, was because that game was always going to be remembered, because it's his last game. So Bryant and the Jazz would be linked. Add to it that the Jazz were leading for most of the game, and lost, makes it tough. Even if he had gotten 60, I still would have liked to add "but the Jazz won" to the end of that, so the game would always be remembered for the Jazz winning too.

Of course, since he had < 30 for most of the game, having him struggle would have been even better. Or the Jazz completing what appeared to be the blowout win.

There were many routes that game could have gone, and as I said, I would have even accepted giving up a big total in a Jazz win.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst Team In Sports thread bumps, or "I Hang My Head In Shame" bumps, apply to games where one thinks it will be a win, or have a good feeling, and it's an unexpected bad loss.

IMO.

I thought it would be a win. I think Vegas thought it would be a win. I think people who were betting in Vegas thought it would be a win, whether or not they thought the spread was incorrect. I think those who want Dallas to tank thought it will be a win. Now, I am not including players or coaches.

I thought it would create a four-game winning streak and that would’ve been a good feeling. Being to games above .500 or whatever that is called, would be a good feeling compared to the bad start that we had.

No matter how much you were disappointed that we didn’t win by 22 last time, I think it is an unexpected loss beyond “any given Sunday” for everyone has bad games type of rhetoric. If those disqualify us from it being this bad, then there would never be a loss that can be determined to be unexpected.

Besides, I tried to clarify it by saying that “tonight” they were the worst, not that we made some epiphany that they are the worst. The thread title doesn’t say “in history” or “for the rest of time.” Basically put a few hour window on my application of that term. I mean, tell me any other team in sports who lost by 50 or equivalent last night.

Now, if they had lost by 49… Just kidding.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I might give them zero in the MVP discussions. Though I will rank them because I do think that Favors and Gobert and Udoh did alright. I think Ingles had in a ehh game not necessarily an unworthy game. In other words, he has earned a bad game or two. So long as he is trying in that that game. He would have been mentioned in our regular team game MVP ranking.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it would be a win. I think Vegas thought it would be a win. I think people who were betting in Vegas thought it would be a win, whether or not they thought the spread was incorrect. I think those who want Dallas to tank thought it will be a win. Now, I am not including players or coaches.

I thought it would create a four-game winning streak and that would’ve been a good feeling. Being to games above .500 or whatever that is called, would be a good feeling compared to the bad start that we had.

No matter how much you were disappointed that we didn’t win by 22 last time, I think it is an unexpected loss beyond “any given Sunday” for everyone has bad games type of rhetoric. If those disqualify us from it being this bad, then there would never be a loss that can be determined to be unexpected.

Besides, I tried to clarify it by saying that “tonight” they were the worst, not that we made some epiphany that they are the worst. The thread title doesn’t say “in history” or “for the rest of time.” Basically put a few hour window on my application of that term. I mean, tell me any other team in sports who lost by 50 or equivalent last night.

Now, if they had lost by 49… Just kidding.

I agree, this thread (or the I Hang My Head In Shame one) is only about the most recent game. And it's a new day once the next game starts.

Also, to me, because they didn't win my a larger margin last time, it showed that that they weren't that much better (or didn't play that much better) than they "should have". So they didn't have as much margin for error as I thought.

Yes, this is reading a lot into one previous game this season, but the season is young, so that's all we have. I don't look at past seasons, unless there is one of those 13 consecutive game streaks or something.