• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Jazz Are The Worst Team In Sports

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have used their cap space to make a bid on Carlos Boozer.

Dennis Lindsey did not have a perfect summer.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have used their cap space to make a bid on Carlos Boozer.

Dennis Lindsey did not have a perfect summer.

Does money roll over to next year like the NFL or is it use-it-or-lose-it?

And I wanted Boozer back, even if for one year, especially at that price with our cap space, assuming we cant keep cap for next year.

But I don't know big men well so I don't know where that'd put Favors, Kanter, etc. Behind or beside Boozer, but what overall effect to the team? Boozer is good enough to add and better probably.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regard to your thread title, that's another thing you won't catch me saying... unless they unretired Stockton's number.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regard to your thread title, that's another thing you won't catch me saying... unless they unretired Stockton's number.

Lol!

However, I don't think you would say it if they un-retired Malone's number.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does money roll over to next year like the NFL or is it use-it-or-lose-it?

And I wanted Boozer back, even if for one year, especially at that price with our cap space, assuming we cant keep cap for next year.

But I don't know big men well so I don't know where that'd put Favors, Kanter, etc. Behind or beside Boozer, but what overall effect to the team? Boozer is good enough to add and better probably.

Heading into an offseason, the cap space will be different every year, depending on what the just-completed season's ending salary was; what the cap holds of the pending free agents are; and what what the new season's salary cap is at.

So it's a different set of numbers that are added (players under contract for the next season) and subtracted (free agents whose rights are renounced so that their cap holds are cleared) each offseason, to determine the cap space.

The overall effect of the team would be that it would be a better team.

Boozer might be better than Favors or Kanter, but he might come off the bench but still play 28-32 minutes, because Favors and Kanter need starters minutes to see what they could do. Boozer probably would have been fine with that, given that he has a good history with the Jazz, and he's not too difficult to get along with from a coaching standpoint IMO.

So yes, if cap space is available one year, there's no guarantee that much would be available next year, because different players might be under contract.

It looks like the Jazz will still have cap space next year, but who knows if someone as good as Boozer will be as available, especially at that price, and who knows if Dennis Lindsey can get him. He's made good moves with the draft but other than Novak, hasn't made an impact on free agency.

HoopsHype - NBA Salaries - Utah Jazz

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heading into an offseason, the cap space will be different every year, depending on what the just-completed season's ending salary was; what the cap holds of the pending free agents are; and what what the new season's salary cap is at.

So it's a different set of numbers that are added (players under contract for the next season) and subtracted (free agents whose rights are renounced so that their cap holds are cleared) each offseason, to determine the cap space.

The overall effect of the team would be that it would be a better team.

Boozer might be better than Favors or Kanter, but he might come off the bench but still play 28-32 minutes, because Favors and Kanter need starters minutes to see what they could do. Boozer probably would have been fine with that, given that he has a good history with the Jazz, and he's not too difficult to get along with from a coaching standpoint IMO.

So yes, if cap space is available one year, there's no guarantee that much would be available next year, because different players might be under contract.

It looks like the Jazz will still have cap space next year, but who knows if someone as good as Boozer will be as available, especially at that price, and who knows if Dennis Lindsey can get him. He's made good moves with the draft but other than Novak, hasn't made an impact on free agency.

HoopsHype - NBA Salaries - Utah Jazz

:agree:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just kidding, I wanted to agree with an explanation with no real opinion. I'd do that in person so I could see the confusion of the other person if I weren't so vain to be self-conscious.

"I'll have a hot chocolate." "I agree." "You'll have one, too?" "No, I agree. You will have a hot chocolate." "I see." "I agree."

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just kidding, I wanted to agree with an explanation with no real opinion. I'd do that in person so I could see the confusion of the other person if I weren't so vain to be self-conscious.

"I'll have a hot chocolate." "I agree." "You'll have one, too?" "No, I agree. You will have a hot chocolate." "I see." "I agree."

Bad post.

:agree:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol!

However, I don't think you would say it if they un-retired Malone's number.

Hey, just 'cause it's true doesn't mean it's right to assume.

Karl's wife is nice: Love this :) | jazzfanatical

There, something nice about my third favorite Jazz player (I have to average out all the times I said Malone was tied for first with Stockton). (Second place is on a rotation based upon who I feel is too low on my list. This time it's the pushed-off Bryon Russell because his wife's friend is Malone's wife's friend... If only I could find Stockton's wife's best friend - other than Stockton himself.)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just kidding, I wanted to agree with an explanation with no real opinion.

Read post #5 again. I had an opinion, and it was real.

The opinion was that the Jazz might not be able to find a player as good as Boozer during the 2015 offseason on the free agent market, and that Dennis Lindsey hasn't shown to be an elite GM when it comes to getting good players with the cap space available, in free agency.

I also had an opinion that adding Boozer would make the Jazz a better team.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There, something nice about my third favorite Jazz player (I have to average out all the times I said Malone was tied for first with Stockton). (Second place is on a rotation based upon who I feel is too low on my list. This time it's the pushed-off Bryon Russell because his wife's friend is Malone's wife's friend... If only I could find Stockton's wife's best friend - other than Stockton himself.)

So your three favorite Jazz players are John Stockton, Karl Malone, and Byron Russell?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's nice how Kay Malone and Kimberli Russell became friends, especially during Kimberli's pregnancy.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read post #5 again. I had an opinion, and it was real.

The opinion was that the Jazz might not be able to find a player as good as Boozer during the 2015 offseason on the free agent market, and that Dennis Lindsey hasn't shown to be an elite GM when it comes to getting good players with the cap space available, in free agency.

I also had an opinion that adding Boozer would make the Jazz a better team.

I was talking about the cap roll over part, not the Boozer part.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your three favorite Jazz players are John Stockton, Karl Malone, and Byron Russell?

It rotates. Malone is third until his average rank is second to me. I always said Stockton and Malone were tied for first. To even it out, he has to be third for awhile. Russell's only second because he was in that article above and he's better than Eisley.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when will Stockton be 3rd, to even out being tied with ferocious Malone?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jazz Are The Worst Team In Sports. The Leap Day seems to have messed up their rhythm.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From late February 2011 until the end of the year, the Jazz went from # 1 in their division, to The Worst Team In Sports.

Now since late February 2016, the Jazz are The Worst Team In Sports.

Hopefully for this year's sake, they can stop this trend immediately and not have it persist like 2011 did.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You knew this thread had to be bumped, after the Dallas game. :stephena::burt:

What a Farce that Awakened with an Artichoke.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As yesterday's game was ending, I was going to post in this thread right away.

But the game kept getting worse near the end.

One of the worst games I can ever remember, even taking into account it had no playoffs implications.

Yes, the whole team is to blame. But we really need a better two-way player guard. Defensively, to prevent THAT from happening again, and someone who can score and make plays too.

I didn't really know that Hayward vs. Bryant, in 2016, was a farce. After all, Hayward was decent this year.

But as the game was ending, Hayward did nothing at either end.

Yes, both offensive and defense is the whole team's fault, when you lose like that.

But if Hayward is supposed to be good enough to be the best wing player on the team, he has to make his presence felt at least for 3 plays during the last 6 minutes of the game. Score a few times, and don't leave Bryant open a few times, and truly contest shots. Don't be on the other end of lowlight plays.

Then, if you still lose, there will at least been a reasonable "they tried to stop the bleeding" attempt.

Whereas that game was, "they did NOTHING to stop the bleeding".