• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The intriguing top 25

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Creating a rough draft of my top 25 intriguing teams heading into the season.

25. OU - interested to see what the Sooners have post Perine, Mixon and Westbrook.

24. Oregon - Oregon has some talent on the roster, what will Willie the Harbaugh disciple get out of them?

23. Michigan - Lost some solid talent, what will they look like this year?

22. Kansas State - Wizard coming off a battle with cancer with a lot coming back..

21. South Carolina - Doesn't take THAT much to be a contender in the SEC east these days, USC pretty competitive last year.. interesting team imo.

20. USC - Lost some really good players, should be good again but, is Clay as good as advertised?

19. Alabama - Lost some good ones, have some good ones returning. Kif is gone, could they be better without him?

18. VT- surprised last year, lost the QB and the buzzsaw RB. Can they turn their season around after WVU beats the bat snot out of them in week 1?

17. FSU - I liked the young QB last year but the kid took. a. beating. Will his line be better?

16. WVU - Won 10 last year with a meh QB, lost several good/seasoned players but return talent and WILL be better at QB.

15. Washington State - Leach ready to have one of "those" years and surprise some people?

14. TCU - Patterson had a young young team last year and he is a good coach. Interested to see what the Frogs have in '17.

13. Georgia - For some reason my gut says UGA took a step back when they changed coaches. Their progression interests me.

12. Penn State - prove it year coming up for PSU imo.

11. Colorado - Nice season for the Buffs last year, how will they do moving forward?

10. Nebraska - How blood thirsty will Cornhusker fans get if NU struggles?

9. Florida - ditto for the Gator fans

8. Michigan State - I have a ton of respect for Dantonio, what was THAT last year?

7. Clemson - Fine year, great run for the Tigers last few years. They lose an underrated QB imo, interesting to see what they have now.

6. Miami - I liked the Richt hire at Miami from the word go, they are gathering talent, interested to see where they go from here.

5. Tennessee - Been a bit of a circus in Knoxville, lets see how Butch handles the heat.

4. Auburn - REALLY like the QB pickup, kid looked good when I watched him at Baylor. Auburn could be fun to watch this year imo.

3. Notre Dame - another strange situation last year in South Bend, reminds me a bit of UT. Season could go either way imo.

2. LSU - Like coach O, LSU still has good talent, I want to see what that new OCord does with it, he was impressive at Pitt.

1. Texas - Just a gut feel that Texas could drop a jaw or two this year. I am REALLY interested to see how the Horns look.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me that's not the order you're picking them in. Rough draft is right.lol

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No love for the group of 5? Western Michigan with a new coach
UAB back after a 2 year hiatus

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me that's not the order you're picking them in. Rough draft is right.lol

It's not a top25 teams, it's top25 teams in situations that are intriguing.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No love for the group of 5? Western Michigan with a new coach
UAB back after a 2 year hiatus

We get to see western Michigan game one. Should be interesting.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a top25 teams, it's top25 teams in situations that are intriguing.
This^

These are teams/situations that are interesting to me heading into the season. Only a few will be in the pre season top 25's in magazines/sites ect.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for sharing your thoughts here. Should be a fun college football season.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Michigan would be #1 "intriguing"

It's wandering into put up or shut up territory for Harbaugh, a huge amount of production from the previous regime is gone now and it's rolling over into mostly "his players". This year is probably going to be a good indicator of what he's really made of.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Michigan would be #1 "intriguing"

It's wandering into put up or shut up territory for Harbaugh, a huge amount of production from the previous regime is gone now and it's rolling over into mostly "his players". This year is probably going to be a good indicator of what he's really made of.
No, we can't judge him for another 3 years when he really only has his players and a quarterback that he recruited but not the ones that are on the team now, because they don't count.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Creating a rough draft of my top 25 intriguing teams heading into the season.

25. OU - interested to see what the Sooners have post Perine, Mixon and Westbrook.

24. Oregon - Oregon has some talent on the roster, what will Willie the Harbaugh disciple get out of them?

23. Michigan - Lost some solid talent, what will they look like this year?

22. Kansas State - Wizard coming off a battle with cancer with a lot coming back..

21. South Carolina - Doesn't take THAT much to be a contender in the SEC east these days, USC pretty competitive last year.. interesting team imo.

20. USC - Lost some really good players, should be good again but, is Clay as good as advertised?

19. Alabama - Lost some good ones, have some good ones returning. Kif is gone, could they be better without him?

18. VT- surprised last year, lost the QB and the buzzsaw RB. Can they turn their season around after WVU beats the bat snot out of them in week 1?

17. FSU - I liked the young QB last year but the kid took. a. beating. Will his line be better?

16. WVU - Won 10 last year with a meh QB, lost several good/seasoned players but return talent and WILL be better at QB.

15. Washington State - Leach ready to have one of "those" years and surprise some people?

14. TCU - Patterson had a young young team last year and he is a good coach. Interested to see what the Frogs have in '17.

13. Georgia - For some reason my gut says UGA took a step back when they changed coaches. Their progression interests me.

12. Penn State - prove it year coming up for PSU imo.

11. Colorado - Nice season for the Buffs last year, how will they do moving forward?

10. Nebraska - How blood thirsty will Cornhusker fans get if NU struggles?

9. Florida - ditto for the Gator fans

8. Michigan State - I have a ton of respect for Dantonio, what was THAT last year?

7. Clemson - Fine year, great run for the Tigers last few years. They lose an underrated QB imo, interesting to see what they have now.

6. Miami - I liked the Richt hire at Miami from the word go, they are gathering talent, interested to see where they go from here.

5. Tennessee - Been a bit of a circus in Knoxville, lets see how Butch handles the heat.

4. Auburn - REALLY like the QB pickup, kid looked good when I watched him at Baylor. Auburn could be fun to watch this year imo.

3. Notre Dame - another strange situation last year in South Bend, reminds me a bit of UT. Season could go either way imo.

2. LSU - Like coach O, LSU still has good talent, I want to see what that new OCord does with it, he was impressive at Pitt.

1. Texas - Just a gut feel that Texas could drop a jaw or two this year. I am REALLY interested to see how the Horns look.

good read.

Thoughts:
Michigan will be interesting, seems like last year's team had like 20 out of 22 senior starters, or something like that. I'm sure it wasnt that high, just the perception I had.

South Carolina is interesting, all I can remember, didnt they have the true FR QB, who signed as a JR out or Hi school or something, and had some really good moments for the Gamecocks. If he's the real deal, gives them a shot in coming years. Of course, I may be thinking of the completely wrong guy, whatevs.

USC, personal interest here. Can the QB avoid the dreaded sophomore slump? I hope he has a great year, except for one game.

WVU, another one on a personal level. Who is the new gunslinger? Need to scout up on him.

WSU-Leach has always fascinated me. Back when at Tech, used to have me trippin. Saw him personally, twice, give up a player on a hopeless fourth and whatever, only to see them literally almost killed. Just never able to figure that guy out, thus there's an interest level there.

TCU, well hell. Kind of like a much better recruited level KSU. Maybe it's something about the color purple.

LSU, being next door. Wonder how they will do with the big O? Maybe we can start to sneak and and get a few more Louisiana boys. Charlie got one, Roach, who is going to take heads off of someone this year and become a first team All Conference player. Would like to get some more.

Texas-well WTF, of course. Can the 7 year depression really be starting to lift?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU (3-9) at #8 and Michigan at #23 is ridiculous. You knock Michigan for losing talent but then ranked a 3-9 team in the top 10 who lost an almost equal amount of their production:
Oregon, TCU, Texas lead returning production rankings

It's the top 25 teams he's intrigued by, not who he thinks the top 25 teams are.

I swear I think Michigan fans are full of shit when they tout Michigan's admission standards.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the top 25 teams he's intrigued by, not who he thinks the top 25 teams are.

I swear I think Michigan fans are full of shit when they tout Michigan's admission standards.
When you make a thread title called "the intriguing top 25" and then posters skim a list, of course there's going to be confusion. I missed the qualifying sentence within the actual post, as did the first poster in this thread. The title combined with the list makes it seem like he's making an unusual top 25 ranking, not listing teams he's interested in watching.

So get off your high horse.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you make a thread title called "the intriguing top 25" and then posters skim a list, of course there's going to be confusion. I missed the qualifying sentence within the actual post, as did the first poster in this thread. The title combined with the list makes it seem like he's making an unusual top 25 ranking, not listing teams he's interested in watching.

So get off your high horse.
That's funny. A Michigan fan telling someone to get off their high horse.
Just busting your balls Maize, you seem like a good guy despite your poor taste in teams.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny. A Michigan fan telling someone to get off their high horse.
Just busting your balls Maize, you seem like a good guy despite your poor taste in teams.
That is what I was thinking.

And it could also apply to a few more schools/teams that I know of that have a bunch of high horse/arrogant pricks as most of their fan base.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what I was thinking.

And it could also apply to a few more schools/teams that I know of that have a bunch of high horse/arrogant pricks as most of their fan base.
tenor.gif