• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Hunt for Red Alert

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who let this closet jaysker back in here? Let me guess, you thought McDermott was leaving and decided you were a Nebraska fan again.

Seriously though, welcome back.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure do hope that RA fella joins us fer the Husker games ---en sech

Hope all is well, sir.
I should be around more in the near future. Just catching up with family and friends, making some new investments and selling off some old. "Pigs get fed, hogs get slaughtered".
Looking forward to Husker football season. Fall camp will be opening in a couple weeks, but even then we don't know a lot due to the hype machine that is the athletic dept and local media. Understood they need to get everyone excited. I do like this staff compared to Bopleeny in that they stay pretty well grounded and realistic. I've always believed in the concept of "Under promise and over deliver". The previous regime 'Over promised and under delivered'. These guys don't do a lot of talking, just the 'what is' good, bad, or indifferent. Makes me somewhat uncomfortable that they don't talk about the lines much (O and D). Either they don't have very high expectations there (scary), or they are sand-bagging strength and conditioning. If they are improved over what bopleeny fielded and then left in the cabinet I'll be pleased. Take what is reported in fall camp with a grain of sand as they are squaring off with each other. Only when they're facing opponents can their quality be truly gauged.
For season 3 under Riley I'm looking for better organization offensively, getting people in the right places, a QB with stable mind, a leader that fits the system. However, I won't be too critical as they are still working with some juniors/seniors that were mid-major/mid P5 quality and offered scholly because they were 'Best of the Rest' by a lazy staff with little to no creativity in competing nationally for talent.
Defensively my expectations are low because it's a new system with (once again) juniors/seniors brought in by previous staff. Slow, flat-footed, with a lack of awareness. I'd like to see some of the younger guys on the field as that would tell me the future is bright for the blackshirts. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see some WAC football scores. May be a good idea to bet the 'Overs' before Vegas catches up.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope all is well, sir.
I should be around more in the near future. Just catching up with family and friends, making some new investments and selling off some old. "Pigs get fed, hogs get slaughtered".
Looking forward to Husker football season. Fall camp will be opening in a couple weeks, but even then we don't know a lot due to the hype machine that is the athletic dept and local media. Understood they need to get everyone excited. I do like this staff compared to Bopleeny in that they stay pretty well grounded and realistic. I've always believed in the concept of "Under promise and over deliver". The previous regime 'Over promised and under delivered'. These guys don't do a lot of talking, just the 'what is' good, bad, or indifferent. Makes me somewhat uncomfortable that they don't talk about the lines much (O and D). Either they don't have very high expectations there (scary), or they are sand-bagging strength and conditioning. If they are improved over what bopleeny fielded and then left in the cabinet I'll be pleased. Take what is reported in fall camp with a grain of sand as they are squaring off with each other. Only when they're facing opponents can their quality be truly gauged.
For season 3 under Riley I'm looking for better organization offensively, getting people in the right places, a QB with stable mind, a leader that fits the system. However, I won't be too critical as they are still working with some juniors/seniors that were mid-major/mid P5 quality and offered scholly because they were 'Best of the Rest' by a lazy staff with little to no creativity in competing nationally for talent.
Defensively my expectations are low because it's a new system with (once again) juniors/seniors brought in by previous staff. Slow, flat-footed, with a lack of awareness. I'd like to see some of the younger guys on the field as that would tell me the future is bright for the blackshirts. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see some WAC football scores. May be a good idea to bet the 'Overs' before Vegas catches up.
great plorst good sir

yeeaa all this Husker hype pans out in real field experience
hope the players can gel together and create a common cadence that the coaches can work with
just good ta read ya again good sir
good luck on selling hogs right now ---for slaughter

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guise fucked up when you quit feedin ur hogz cern and steeroidz.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guise fucked up when you quit feedin ur hogz cern and steeroidz.

No way. Nebraska ferkded when they hired Steve Peterson, Bill Callahan, and oh how bad can you be Kevin Cosgrove. Then came the Bo Pellllini years, where Bo HATED being the focus of too much attention in Nebraska.

Hopefully, Mike Riley can handle the glaring spotlight focused on him. The jury is still out on our Shawn Eichorst, but my feelings are clearly expressed in my signature.

Nebraska loves the attitude of Al Davis, "Just win, baby." Unfortunately, Nebraska has not found the correct coach for the situation. But I will admit this coaching staff is much better than the previous one. It has not turned into Ws yet, hopefully it will. The firing of Mark Banker has encouraged me.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. Nebraska ferkded when they hired Steve Peterson, Bill Callahan, and oh how bad can you be Kevin Cosgrove. Then came the Bo Pellllini years, where Bo HATED being the focus of too much attention in Nebraska.

Hopefully, Mike Riley can handle the glaring spotlight focused on him. The jury is still out on our Shawn Eichorst, but my feelings are clearly expressed in my signature.

Nebraska loves the attitude of Al Davis, "Just win, baby." Unfortunately, Nebraska has not found the correct coach for the situation. But I will admit this coaching staff is much better than the previous one. It has not turned into Ws yet, hopefully it will. The firing of Mark Banker has encouraged me.
Burr....Rimington....Steinkhuler.....Shields....

I rest my case.