• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The SportsHoopla WR Rankings: Pt. 9

Who is the 9th Best WR?

• Josh Gordon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DeSean Jackson

• Antonio Brown

• Alshon Jeffery

• Vincent Jackson

• Wes Welker

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Cordarrelle Patterson

• Percy Harvin

• Jordy Nelson

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Pierre Garçon

• Riley Cooper

• Torrey Smith/Keenan Allen

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best WR in the league by SportsHoopla vote is Calvin Johnson, followed by AJ Green, Brandon Marshall, Larry Fitzgerald, Julio Jones, Dez Bryant/Demaryius Thomas/Andre Johnson.

Same concept as the QB Rankings.

Assume each WR is paid the same, has a QB who fits the system he plays best in, and that age is only a factor in production - NOT in length of career.

Example: Don't vote for a younger guy than Larry Fitzgerald because Fitzgerald has a few years left only and the younger guy may have more years. DO vote for the younger guy if you think his skills are better THIS year or is a better WR at this stage. Got it?

I don't know WRs as well as QBs, so I'm guessing on who is in the discussion - but am putting the maximum options out there because I'm not that familiar. I realize this first poll isn't likely to be more than a three or four man race. I think I know who's going to win, but can't be sure.

I am not sure how far this series will go, but it will not be the full 32. Please give your real opinion. Thanks.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Andre Johnson is too low, but that's how the votes went. I am not saying Torrey Smith is the same as Keenan Allen, just trying to put all names I can. Cordarrelle Patterson has gotten consistent votes so far to have Top 20 potential, but by voting you can get him lower or higher depending on what you think of his 2014 season and QB.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it was between VJax and Welker. Hard not to be productive when you have been the favorite of both Brady and Manning, but I went with him anyways.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I'm going to continue this series - Jordy Nelson is the 9th and I'm giving Josh Gordon the 10th just for the heck of it. Even if he gets suspended, he is up there (obviously not in production, but of all receivers not retired he's in the top ten, no? This wasn't purely fantasy based - as suspension for the year would lead to 0 catches, 0 yards, and only 1 touchdown. Just kidding.)

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much that whole list is better than Gordon.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much that whole list is better than Gordon.

Ehh. I don't know. I just know that few were going to vote so I gave it to someone with stats. But I don't really care either way. I wanted to know what other's thought and WR is more wide open than QB rankings, especially when considering what they could be with good QBs.