• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Hobbit 3: The Battle of the Five Armies (2014)

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go one step further.

I tried to watch the first one as a rental. Fell asleep.

Watched the 2nd one on free to air and gave up 30 minutes in.

I strongly suspect I'll pass completely on this one.
I rented the first one, and decided to gut my way through it hoping for the best. But it was dreadful.

I rented the 2nd one as well, and couldn't make it more than halfway.

I won't waste my money or time on the 3rd. So yeah, not planning on watching it even if I have commercial-less free access.

It's ironic in a way, because I loved the LOTR films, but really didn't care for the books. Conversely, I loved reading The Hobbit. It's a wonderful little story. Tight and self-contained. And Jackson and Boynes decided to add a bunch of DREADFUL fan fiction stupidity in order to try to make 3 gargantuan films out of it. Truly grotesque.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rented the first one, and decided to gut my way through it hoping for the best. But it was dreadful.

I won't waste my money or time on the 3rd. So yeah, not planning on watching it even if I have commercial-less free access.

It's ironic in a way, because I loved the LOTR films, but really didn't care for the books. Conversely, I loved reading The Hobbit. It's a wonderful little story. Tight and self-contained. And Jackson and Boynes decided to add a bunch of DREADFUL fan fiction stupidity in order to try to make 3 gargantuan films out of it. Truly grotesque.

I too loved the LOTR series. At Xmas we always watch the BluRay Extended Cut series. And I read the Hobbit but considered it aimed at a much different udience than LOTR. But to stretch it into 3 movies was absurd and a simple cash grab.

poprocksncoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This ^^

Not about to watch the second one tho.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You should be president.

It would have been awesome if Jackson had made ONE, single, hobbit film before LOTR, but basically what he and his team have done is make the 3 Hobbit films a continuation of the Trilogy, and the additions are str8 horseshit.

An Elf Maiden falling for a fucking dwarf? GTFO...I don't mean to go all supergaynerd, but Professor Tolkien must be spinning in his grave.