• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The heisman has become a joke.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sick of this award. Tired of the hype, tired of the SportsHoopla, tired of the constant heisman watch, tired of the wrong guy constantly winning it. This award has become more outdated then the Big Ten offense (yea, I went there). This award HAS to reform its voting process or its essentially a dead award. But people seem to still love it. I think it's a joke. Watson 100% should have won it this year. Thought it then, and I am justified now.

There's a reason Stewie Mandel devoted a whole chapter to it in his book. And this was in 07. It's arguably worse now.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sick of this award. Tired of the hype, tired of the SportsHoopla, tired of the constant heisman watch, tired of the wrong guy constantly winning it. This award has become more outdated then the Big Ten offense (yea, I went there). This award HAS to reform its voting process or its essentially a dead award. But people seem to still love it. I think it's a joke. Watson 100% should have won it this year. Thought it then, and I am justified now.

There's a reason Stewie Mandel devoted a whole chapter to it in his book. And this was in 07. It's arguably worse now.

Changing it to the end of the season would be a huge step in the right direction

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Changing it to the end of the season would be a huge step in the right direction

I don't think you change it to include bowl games. They already reward the best player of the game, and all competition is definitely not the same at that point (although that can be argued during the regular season too...I guess). I really don't know how you would fix the Heisman.

Jackson and Watson both had their pros and cons (Jackson average 70 yards a game more than Watson, had fewer INT's, and more TD....Watson had a much better completion percentage, and a better QBR). Bottom line is both teams expected different things out of their QB, and both QB's did a pretty darn good job delivering. Personally, I think Watson was a better all around QB, but he also had a better team IMO. Jackson is a deserving candidate, and I don't think an edge should be given to Watson because of two post season games. If you do that, IMO it ends up unfairly rewarding the player who has a better team.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calm down, every MVP award in every sport is handed out prior to the title game.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The debate on the accuracy of the Heisman vote has been happening for as long as I can remember.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem with the Heisman is that it only represents the best QB or RB in football and maybe sometimes WR. The award should move to awarding the best player in football at their position.

But I don't have a problem with Jackson winning the award this year. The dude was individually a freak and on a pretty average team otherwise. Louisville is probably a 6 win team without him.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing that is wrong with the Heisman vote, originally a Heisman candidate was selected based on what they did on the field and off the field. When they started inviting kids to New York who have been suspended and in some cases multiple times, I realize Heisman is a joke and any individual who voted for such characters should lose their vote...

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A decade ago, VY lost the Heisman by the biggest vote margin in the history of the award up until then. That proved it was a complete fraud.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A decade ago, VY lost the Heisman by the biggest vote margin in the history of the award up until then. That proved it was a complete fraud.
Reggie Bush was better that year

Hindsight is 20/20

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hindsight is 20/20
That's not the point I was making. Learn to read.

Plus, you're wrong.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hindsight is 20/20

Thats debatable. VY was CERTAINLY just as deserving as Bush. There's no way that vote should have been that lopsided considering VY was setting history at QB on an undefeated squad.

I have no problems with Bush winning.....but the vote should have at least been close. That shows you the bias in the award. Bush's "Heisman moment" was him abusing the FRESNO STATE defense. I mean seriously......that's a joke in and of itself.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not the point I was making. Learn to read.

Plus, you're wrong.
Naw, I'm not wrong, glad to see your program is such shit though that you cling on to a 2nd place Heisman finish from a decade ago.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whiteknight.jpg
lol @ the circle jerk of Texas fans coming to white knight

GhostRiderRushville

Original Caravan Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,103,757.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This+guy+gets+it+_5258cb515fe794f7d9a7881e702f72c7.jpg

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To each their own, if I were a Clemson fan I'd definitely say Watson deserved it

Any chance he stays?
nope, again. I wish he was staying for his final year of eligibility, but he's already graduated and he and his Mama have been struggling their entire lives. He's gone.

If he does make some unexpected announcement that he's coming back, I will be ordering my National Championship tickets for next year before he finishes that speech.

Reactions: TJL