• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Hardys back to WWE?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PWInsider is reporting that despite having negotiated new contracts with TNA (or whatever they are called now), they haven't signed them yet. They could be done with the company as soon as this week. The only match the Hardys have scheduled is a one off match in ROH vs the Young Bucks in Lakeland, Fl the night before WM. Lakeland is a suburb of Orlando which is where WM is this year...

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Drew Galloway/McIntyre is leaving too. Impact was on a nice run last year but they've lost all that momentum

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they do go back to WWE, it'll be interesting to see if they let them do the Broken stuff. Matt has all the creative rights to the character so he can take it wherever he wants. It'll just be a matter of if WWE is fine with it

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they do go back to WWE, it'll be interesting to see if they let them do the Broken stuff. Matt has all the creative rights to the character so he can take it wherever he wants. It'll just be a matter of if WWE is fine with it

Actually according to PWI people in TNA think that the entire "Broken" gimmick is TNA's intellectual property and if they decide to pursue that, it could obviously cause some static with the Hardy's.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know what to expect with them coming back to WWE. Sure the fans would go insane for them, but I would not bet against them showing up in masks either.

Its really a shame, those Hardys put life and limb on the line for TNA, guess they did it in WWE as well, they are so much more than TLC.

game

Hoopla Cash
$ 9.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know what to expect with them coming back to WWE. Sure the fans would go insane for them, but I would not bet against them showing up in masks either.

Its really a shame, those Hardys put life and limb on the line for TNA, guess they did it in WWE as well, they are so much more than TLC.

I have no doubt Jeff would get a huge pop.

Not sure on Matt. I know the Internet loves the Broken Matt Hardy, but don't think kids would get behind it. I've always liked Matt. Hell, his feud with MVP is still one of my favorites.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure on Matt. I know the Internet loves the Broken Matt Hardy, but don't think kids would get behind it. I've always liked Matt. Hell, his feud with MVP is still one of my favorites.
WWE could sign the Hardy's to NXT and let them continue the Broken Universe without Vince's influence/interference.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was done at 12:18. A couple minutes after those hardys contract ended.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

When I first discovered pro wrestling as a kid I was into over the top characters like Macho Man and Ultimate Warrior. I could see Broken Matt having a similar appeal to kids now if the angle is done right. The character is versatile enough where the internet fan can appreciate it on one level and a younger fan can appreciate it on another level

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not sure it was all Matt or TNA's creative. Some of those falls Jeff took off that cage, onto stairs were just unbelievable. That was the only broken part of the hardys to me.

I mean lets consider Windham Rotunda, third generation, grandson of blackjack mulligan, son of Mike Rotunda, nephew to Barry Windham, doing some dark, demon possessed, slingblade type of character and the fireflies lighting up the arena. Isn't that a pretty dark place they wrote for the current champ?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure it was all Matt or TNA's creative. Some of those falls Jeff took off that cage, onto stairs were just unbelievable. That was the only broken part of the hardys to me.

I mean lets consider Windham Rotunda, third generation, grandson of blackjack mulligan, son of Mike Rotunda, nephew to Barry Windham, doing some dark, demon possessed, slingblade type of character and the fireflies lighting up the arena. Isn't that a pretty dark place they wrote for the current champ?

I say combination of both. It takes creative to come up with the character and tell it to go left or right. It requires talent to get the fans to the way that you are going.

If your good enough talent. They will follow like sheep

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Matt and Jeff were gathering gold on the TNA show last night. Went to some small alliance in a shopping mall to get the national tag team championship of the world and then disappeared while taking pictures with the belts. They are on a game of thrones infused journey of taking gold. No way this ends up in the WWE is there?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hardys showed up at an ROH special and beat the Bucks for the tag titles. They cut a promo saying they "have signed with ROH for a few dates". So its still possible they work this month for ROH and then head to WWE for Mania in April

(Not related but fun fact: Bubba Ray Dudley showed up at the same show and announced he's signed with ROH)

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthem (which owns Impact Wrestling) sent a legal letter (cease and desist) today claiming they own the Broken gimmick. Timing of it was certainly a total dick move since the Hardys were working an ROH show tonight (which was great btw). This could get ugly

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthem (which owns Impact Wrestling) sent a legal letter (cease and desist) today claiming they own the Broken gimmick. Timing of it was certainly a total dick move since the Hardys were working an ROH show tonight (which was great btw). This could get ugly

And reby let them know it

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I remember listening to a Billy Corgan interview while he was with TNA and he was adamant about Broken Matt being almost entirely Matt Hardy's brainchild.
The WWE can get away with alienating talent. They're the biggest company in the world by a wide margin. TNAs not in that position. Seems like a mistake. Who would trust this company now?