• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Giants have released Victor Cruz

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you want a non gif answer.

No because we I don't see how useful he will be. With Richardson, Lockett and Angry Doug in the starting lineup
Assuming Lockett comes back first of all. Cruz would be the # 4. Possibly the #3. Certainly 3 if Lockett doesn't return to the same level of play.
I think Cruz's troubles started once OBJ joined the team. He needs to be away from thar atmosphere. He'll likely never be a #1 but if he gets healthy and in the right system he could fight to be a # 2.
Injuries are injuries. I don't think you base your case on his injuries? It's all about the amount of $ and length of contracr/incentives. It's also not a bad thing having 4 WRs that are similiar. It makes next man up that much easier when injuries do happen.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's some talk that Atlanta may take a look as a 4th WR if they can get him cheap. Seems like they're still on the fence on Hardy and Robinson. Cruz would be smart to come if Atlanta beckons. Sanu and Gabriel had career years after coming from Cincy and Cleveland.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming Lockett comes back first of all. Cruz would be the # 4. Possibly the #3. Certainly 3 if Lockett doesn't return to the same level of play.
I think Cruz's troubles started once OBJ joined the team. He needs to be away from thar atmosphere. He'll likely never be a #1 but if he gets healthy and in the right system he could fight to be a # 2.
Injuries are injuries. I don't think you base your case on his injuries? It's all about the amount of $ and length of contracr/incentives. It's also not a bad thing having 4 WRs that are similiar. It makes next man up that much easier when injuries do happen.

Probably but we need to spend some dollars and picks on Offensive line though

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably but we need to spend some dollars and picks on Offensive line though
Oh that's definitely the Hawks # 1 priority. As well as a lot of teams.
I'm thinking in the right system Cruz will be a dominant slot guy. NE is fat on slot guys (assuming they bring Amendola back)? He'll need to redo his contract (AGAIN) if he wants to stay. I wish NE would pay him but they won't. He's a great team mate that showed uo every day, worked as hard as anyone, did whatever the coaches asked just didn't get a lot of action this year. He was huge in the SB:-)
So if he does leave at least he has that along with a couple rings.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salary Dump nothing more than that... He'll be picked up

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's going to sign on the cheap he may as well do it in NY. No reason to leave really, just take the pay cut and stay in the system you know.

Now if some team comes calling with more money, take it.......but if I were Cruz I'd try to keep as many friends in the NY front office as possible just in case.