• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The George Hill Thread

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Hill averages 0.9 steals for his career.

Doesn't seem like it, given his profile of a big, strong wing.

I wonder how many deflections he creates.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Lindsey didn't even consider it was possible for Teague to go to the Jazz.

Maybe Lindsey didn't ask.

It's like when someone doesn't ask for a better deal, even though one could have been had.

Maybe Atlanta and Indiana controlled the trade parameters.

Kevin Pritchard (Indiana) to Wes Wilcox (Atlanta): Wes, how are you? We'd love to get M-V-Teague.

Wes: Yup, we want to trade him and rebuild (even though it will make some guy named nuraman00 sad). We're looking for a good draft pick in return.

Kevin: Great, let me find a way to clear a little bit of salary. I'll call you back soon.

(Click.)

. . . .

Kevin, to Dennis Lindsey (Utah): Dennis, hi, how are you? No no no, don't hang up. This will not be a Pritch Slap, like I was known for doing in Portland.

How would you like George Hill? All you have to do is give your first round pick to Atlanta.

No no, nevermind what Atlanta's giving up, don't worry about that.

What do you say?

Dennis: Deal.

(Kevin puts Dennis and Wes on a conference call).

Kevin: We have a deal. Wes, I'll take what you offered before, and Dennis will give you his first round pick.

Wes: Great!
Dennis: Cool.

(All hang up.)

(After trade is official):

Dennis, muttering to himself: Wait, M-V-Teague was on the block?!?! :eek::L I just turned Indiana into a good team!

The above was how the phone calls went.

The below is how they should have gone:

This is how the phone call should have gone.

Kevin Pritchard (Indiana) to Wes Wilcox (Atlanta): Wes, how are you? We'd love to get M-V-Teague.

Wes: Yup, we want to trade him and rebuild (even though it will make some guy named nuraman00 sad). We're looking for a good draft pick in return.

Kevin: Great, let me find a way to clear a little bit of salary. I'll call you back soon.

(Click.)

. . . .

Kevin, to Dennis Lindsey (Utah): Dennis, hi, how are you? No no no, don't hang up. This will not be a Pritch Slap, like I was known for doing in Portland.

How would you like George Hill? All you have to do is give your first round pick to Atlanta.

No no, nevermind what Atlanta's giving up, don't worry about that.

What do you say?

Dennis: Let me check with Greg and the others and get back to you.

(Click).

(Kevin waits by the phone, staring at it.)

. . . .

(Dennis places a call to Wes)

Dennis, to Wes: Wes, it's Dennis Lindsey from Utah. I heard you're trying to move M-V-Teague . . .

(Wes confirms.)

. . . Great, how would you like our # 12 draft pick for M-V-Teague, straight up. . . .

Sweet! See you around.

. . . .

(Kevin is getting tired and starts to pace.)

. . .

(More time passes, then he checks for trade alerts.)

(Kevin, with Larry Bird): The Jazz got M-V-Teague?!?! The Jazz! They did it again! :doh:

(Dennis' reaction):

:D

With all of that said, I just found out that Teague played for Pike High School in Indianapolis.

It's probable that Atlanta told him that they might move Teague, and to give them a preferred teams list.

And with that, Teague listed Indiana.

So it's probable that Atlanta tried to be classy and trade Teague to one of his preferred teams, while still getting an asset they desired.

It makes it more likely that Teague wouldn't have wanted to come to Utah if the chance to play for Indiana was possible.

:(

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jazz would be foolish to max him. Too often injured. After watching game 3 of the playoffs, you see what a max money PG can do in Paul. Hill couldn't even slow him down. That said, the PG cupboard in the NBA is pretty bare. We have 4 and none of them stand out much. I think Quin lost a few games for us giving everyone a chance when Shelvin was the clear number two. So Hill leaves for money. Mack leaves because he's pissed. That leaves Neto and Exum who has not demonstrated an aptitude at PG. There are just too many variables at this position so I see Hayward leaving for LA or Miami. This season was the Hayward crescendo. We've groomed him up nice, as any farm league level team does, so that he can head to the big city and win.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jazz would be foolish to max him. Too often injured. After watching game 3 of the playoffs, you see what a max money PG can do in Paul. Hill couldn't even slow him down. That said, the PG cupboard in the NBA is pretty bare. We have 4 and none of them stand out much. I think Quin lost a few games for us giving everyone a chance when Shelvin was the clear number two. So Hill leaves for money. Mack leaves because he's pissed. That leaves Neto and Exum who has not demonstrated an aptitude at PG. There are just too many variables at this position so I see Hayward leaving for LA or Miami. This season was the Hayward crescendo. We've groomed him up nice, as any farm league level team does, so that he can head to the big city and win.

I can see Hill leaving.

But I'm not as certain Hayward does. He has a good role on this team.

On another team, he takes a backseat.

I still don't think Hayward is that great of a scorer. But I'm more ok with paying him something close to the max than Hill.

I agree, don't resign Hill.

Also, Miami isn't a big city.

16th biggest NBA market.

There is no income tax in Florida though, so that's always a factor.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eating some crow, clutch game 5 free throws. I don't like how easily Cp3 was getting around Hill tho

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eating some crow, clutch game 5 free throws. I don't like how easily Cp3 was getting around Hill tho

I do think Hill could be replaced by someone else.

He's ok, but not worth a max if that's what he's being offered elsewhere.

Of also concern is the fact that Diaw and Joe Johnson, while great fits, are old. They won't play like this for too long.