• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The game that turned the season around!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me the Bears game was the turning point for the Seahawks. Pete finally tossed the keys to Russell and said "don't wreck it" ! OK I made that up, but that how it felt to me! What you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed Harold, this was another 1pm start the national media said the Hawks couldn't win. This was the game where everything came together on offense and defense. Watching Russ Wilson drive this team for the tie and game winner in ot was amazing. This game set the tone for the rest of the season. I can't wait to see what Russell Wilson can do unleashed for a full 16 games.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beautiful stuff.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MUST.

Must win road game in week 1, 2013.

MUST

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will. We are a superior team and our D should be able to put a whoopin` on Cam. If we are going to open on the road at 1o , I would prefer it to be the 1st game of the season compared to the 2nd game of the season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Bears game where we turned our season around laughingly, was the game that the Bears did a 180 in the other direction..

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point HawkSquatch. It really was a turning point for both teams.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The L to the Lions. It fired RW up. Hawks went 7-2 after that to finish the reg season the hottest team in the NFC.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The end of the Bears game was definitely the turning point in my eyes. We had just come off of that loss to Miami that had a lot of people getting ready to throw in the towel on the season, because they figured that if the team couldn't win in Miami, they had no chance in hell of winning in Chicago and a loss at Chicago could have been a demoralizing loss for such a young team. When we had the lead with less than a minute to go in the 4th and Chicago came back to tie it up with less than 30 seconds left on a field goal (a continuation of a trend last season), people figured we were gonna complete the "choke job" in overtime and allow Chicago to get out of there with a game that we should have won in regulation.

After we finished off the Bears in overtime, folks exhaled and started to believe that if we could beat Chicago in Chicago (in December, no less), we could win a road game in the playoffs.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only did we lose to Miami which was like a punch to the gut, but it was announced that Sherman and Browner were facing suspension due to failing drug test.
Trolls and fake fans were having a hay day. They were saying that if the Seahawks couldn't beat the Dolphins on the road, then no way could we beat the Bears on the road, especially if we have to play without Sherman and Browner!
Turns out both Browner and Sherman were able to play that day, but it was a true test of faith for the faithful, wasn't it? I'll always remember that game.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The L to the Lions. It fired RW up. Hawks went 7-2 after that to finish the reg season the hottest team in the NFC.

Yeah that lose hurt, but not like the Dolphin game. With facing losing both Sherman and Browner perhaps.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, its just the Bears game it seemed to click but the Defense almost lost that one for us ( AGAIN ). The Offense was clicking the Defense was giving up leads in the final minutes of games turning should be wins into loses.

The loss to the Lions and Fins should never have happened. Had the team or better yet the DEFENSE held onto those games when the offense played more than well enough to win then i do not think people would point to the "Bears" game. Remember the Bears were struggling and still almost won that game against us.

The Defense shockingly enough turned more wins into a loss than anything the offense did. It was almost fitting how we lost the Atlanta game. Defense which had did this to the team a few times during the season caved in the final seconds. Yes the offense looked lights out after the Bears game but it also looked great in some games before the Bears game.

The turning point was when the defense started getting take-aways and scoring to bolster the offense and stopped giving games away late. Russell Wilson had a great season but the turning point was all on the defense more so than the offense. That defense let the offense get more touches and use the ball control style it needs to use.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, its just the Bears game it seemed to click but the Defense almost lost that one for us ( AGAIN ). The Offense was clicking the Defense was giving up leads in the final minutes of games turning should be wins into loses.

The loss to the Lions and Fins should never have happened. Had the team or better yet the DEFENSE held onto those games when the offense played more than well enough to win then i do not think people would point to the "Bears" game. Remember the Bears were struggling and still almost won that game against us.

The Defense shockingly enough turned more wins into a loss than anything the offense did. It was almost fitting how we lost the Atlanta game. Defense which had did this to the team a few times during the season caved in the final seconds. Yes the offense looked lights out after the Bears game but it also looked great in some games before the Bears game.

The turning point was when the defense started getting take-aways and scoring to bolster the offense and stopped giving games away late. Russell Wilson had a great season but the turning point was all on the defense more so than the offense. That defense let the offense get more touches and use the ball control style it needs to use.

The Bears game is looked at as the turning point in part because of the games that followed it. With three consecutive blowouts and five straight wins after the Bears win, it's hard not to look at that game and how they finally won a road game against a team that, up to that point, had been playing well, and say that the season could have gone a completely different direction if they had let that one get away.

TruHoxFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, I'd like to say hi to all my fello CBSsports refugees. I finally made it over here.
While I loved what we did in Chicago, I think the game that defined the entire season was the one against the Packers. I know, I know: All the manufactured controversy aside, that was the gutsiest, hard-fought win of the season. It really showed what Wilson and the defense are made of.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will it was a big game that showed we could play with the big boys. However it was the bears game where Wilson was finally unleashed and that to me was the turning point.

Great to see a new poster. Keep the posts coming.

C.Adl.C.Hox.Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the sneaking feeling after the, derp, New England game.

I know, I know, followed by two lame losses,... but that can happen on any given Sunday, right?
I was feeling at that point that the Dallas, Green Bay wins were not flukes.

When Sherman was trolling Pats sayin' "we're better than you" I flinched,... because
I wasn't used to understanding what confidence, rational verifiable confidence in the Hawks felt like.

I reconsidered, and began trusting the swagger.

It was at that point that I felt things turned around, at least for me.

After that game, I felt I knew we were in for a special season.

Last edited by a moderator: