• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The future of the offensive line

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been able to participate much lately due to a transition at work with another company along with Torn Rotator cuff surgery last week on my right shoulder...

I like the fact that leadership has seen the need to add some FA, veteran, experienced OL to the mix... Joeckel is a great addition... Like to see what Cable can do with him... Maybe he can get him to play up to expectations as the #2 overall pick in the first round? Who knows... All in all, he's definitely an upgrade on the OL... Bummed we lost out on the Lang sweepstakes but it was encouraging, nonetheless, knowing we were trying to fill the gap/void on at the LT position... With that said, Clady in for a visit is good news as well... Hopefully the Hawks can lock up under a contract before he leaves... He's definitely an upgrade over Fant from last year, giving Russell more of a secure, consistent lineman on his blindside... Injuries will be the telling factor... There will definitely be a contract with incentives for staying healthy, while playing x amount of games...

If Clady does get locked up we'd have some nice depth with Fant/Gillmore having all the experience they received last year...

Clady
Glowinski
Britt
Joeckel
Ifedi

I like the sounds of that... Still a very inexpensive starting lineup but a huge upgrade over last year... Signing Oday brings some more diversified depth into the mix...