• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Frank Beamer is done/Coaching Update thread

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be by Wednesday after UVA, unless the new coach is in a Chanpionship game, in which case the following Wednesday. If you hear nothing after UVA, that's a clue as to who it is.
could just be that a coach we are considering interviewing has a CC game to play. getting a few different guys to come in for an interview and picking your favorite candidate isn't unheard of in that profession along with most others.....and most would want to wait until that point to have a face-to-face sit down with the big wigs.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be a bunch of guys if there is a CG or the extra week:

Herman
Rhule
Barbers
Campbell
Fedora
Patterson
Gundy

I know some of these names have not been mentioned but neither was Buzz.

Yeah, I know. I was just fishing for hints that you might know.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some ESPN writers mentioning they believe will be the first school to fill its vacancy. Most people seem to be reading this that a deal is already done but nothing can be said right now. The writers didn't drop any hints either

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butch would be a great pickup. I have heard so many names and tumors. I am expecting the unexpected at this point.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, who is it?

Sounds like either Chad Morris or Tom Herman. That guy could be legit too. Some people on other boards did some digging and he's had info on other VT dealings a few days before it came out.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have heard from three very reliable sources that it was Morris, Herman and Jones. All of which were willing to bet a lot of money on it. Lol. This is insane.

Serious? You trust these guys? If they're trustworthy sources and all three are saying the exact same thing, there must be some teeth and reliability to this..or at least more reliable than other message board fodder

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious? You trust these guys? If they're trustworthy sources and all three are saying the exact same thing, there must be some teeth and reliability to this..or at least more reliable than other message board fodder

I'm saying that I trust all three and all are saying different things.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying that I trust all three and all are saying different things.

I'm betting (ok, just hoping) its Herman. I don't think its a coincidence that last week it was rumored VT had a "done deal with someone" and this week Houston is ponying up cash to keep its coach. They knew he was a hot commodity as soon as USC (both of them) became open so why are they just upping his salary now? Herman's got an offer from someone. I just hope its us

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some insiders saying it's a done deal, some not. More and more, Herman wouldn't surprise me (which would be awesome), but I'm probably more expecting Morris. Rarely have there been such conflicting reports among those 'plugged in'

Dan Mullen may be in the fold?

The next 2 weeks may be very interesting

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some insiders saying it's a done deal, some not. More and more, Herman wouldn't surprise me (which would be awesome), but I'm probably more expecting Morris. Rarely have there been such conflicting reports among those 'plugged in'

Dan Mullen may be in the fold?

The next 2 weeks may be very interesting

Mullen would fit the description from that Lawson guy's tweet (if he's legit) but no one seems to be mentioning him.

I'm also reading waaaay too much into it but the "Whit did it!" part makes it seem like its a big hire, like Whit really worked some magic. That doesn't say Chad Morris to me. No disrespect but I don't think it would be much work at all for Whit to hire him. Like one phone call "Hey Chad. Want to coach VT?" would get it done

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure why Fuente was strongly mentioned last week. But it sounds like the "sources" are pointing towards Herman, Morris or possibly Mullen.

Mullen is a new name, but fits the mold. Although, I find it hard to believe VT would be able to take him from Miss State and handle his buyout and compete with the $4.3M he currently makes.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure why Fuente was strongly mentioned last week. But it sounds like the "sources" are pointing towards Herman, Morris or possibly Mullen.

Mullen is a new name, but fits the mold. Although, I find it hard to believe VT would be able to take him from Miss State and handle his buyout and compete with the $4.3M he currently makes.

I would love to see Mullen as the next HC. Or also throw this out there (just crazy idea on my end), would love to see Hugh Freeze get a shot as well. Either way, I think WB will do a fantastic job with this hire. In Whit I trust!

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See... this is why I was trying to avoid this thread.

And I keep coming back.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
National media now moving in the Fuente corner. I guess the others mentioned were just the flavor of the day. Not sure what to think about Fuente....Memphis certainly didn't lack in offensive production. We may have a good shot at keeping Bud and Torrian with this hire.