• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Former Jazzmen Thread

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll, oh Carroll. Hawks need you so much right now.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 5am radio show started by asking "Who do you have more empathy for, the Pittsburgh Pirates, or Matt Barnes / Derek Fisher"? The show's producer then chimed in and said it wasn't Fisher, and that he had a laundry list of complaints about Fisher.

At 5:36, the producer spoke a little more, and mentioned not just how Fisher used his daughter's eye cancer to be released from Utah and then sign with the L.A. Lakers, but mentioned how he also did it to Dallas.

++++++++++++++

"His kids are older," Cuban said last week. "It's easier to fly in and out of Oklahoma City than Dallas. I understand that. It's a decision a parent has to make. Every parent has difficult decisions to make."

Moments later, Cuban added: "A lot can happen in 65 days."

His release by the Mavs marked the third time since 2007 that Fisher was able to nullify his contract. The Rockets bought out his deal last March. In 2007, Fisher gave up about $8 million from the Utah Jazz to sign with the Lakers so his family could be closer to the doctors who were treating his daughter for a rare form of eye cancer.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 5am radio show started by asking "Who do you have more empathy for, the Pittsburgh Pirates, or Matt Barnes / Derek Fisher"? The show's producer then chimed in and said it wasn't Fisher, and that he had a laundry list of complaints about Fisher.

At 5:36, the producer spoke a little more, and mentioned not just how Fisher used his daughter's eye cancer to be released from Utah and then sign with the L.A. Lakers, but mentioned how he also did it to Dallas.

++++++++++++++

"His kids are older," Cuban said last week. "It's easier to fly in and out of Oklahoma City than Dallas. I understand that. It's a decision a parent has to make. Every parent has difficult decisions to make."

Moments later, Cuban added: "A lot can happen in 65 days."

His release by the Mavs marked the third time since 2007 that Fisher was able to nullify his contract. The Rockets bought out his deal last March. In 2007, Fisher gave up about $8 million from the Utah Jazz to sign with the Lakers so his family could be closer to the doctors who were treating his daughter for a rare form of eye cancer.

But Los Angeles is not closer to New York than Utah and Utah has a better cancer treatment center than Los Angeles. It's bull-shit, that's what it is and Utah looked bad for booing his lies. It wasn't about his daughter. Glad we saved 8 million, though.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Los Angeles is not closer to New York than Utah and Utah has a better cancer treatment center than Los Angeles. It's bull-shit, that's what it is and Utah looked bad for booing his lies. It wasn't about his daughter. Glad we saved 8 million, though.

In terms of on-the-court play, I didn't like Fisher at all during the regular season.

Sloan started Williams and Fisher together. I wanted Brewer starting over Fisher.

But in the playoffs, I liked Fisher's play.

But maybe you can say the Jazz could have done even better had Brewer started over him during the regular season, and had different matchups.

One of the few coaching moves I didn't agree with Sloan on.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, that eventually freed money up for Boozer, Millsap, Matthews, etc.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm just guessing, but since Fisher has done this to different teams now, maybe it looks less bad for Utah in retrospect.

Since others can see a pattern now.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ Miles had 30 points, 8 3's, 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, 2 turnovers, 2/2 FTs.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ Miles had 30 points, 8 3's, 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, 2 turnovers, 2/2 FTs.

In the same game, Paul George had 38 points, 7's, 8 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, 4 turnovers.

2 players combined for 15 3's.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin Williams struggled shooting in December.

Too bad he's never had a consistent season so far.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had the Jazz not made the draft day trade of Dieng and Muhammad for Trey Burke, they'd be better off.

Dieng is a good rookie contract player. He would have been a good combo forward starting at SF, while shifting Hayward to SG.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had the Jazz not made the draft day trade of Dieng and Muhammad for Trey Burke, they'd be better off.

Dieng is a good rookie contract player. He would have been a good combo forward starting at SF, while shifting Hayward to SG.

I think it is funny that no one mentioned in the this post is a former Jazz player. Well, at least, not yet... or did we just trade Burke? That's how out of the loop I am this year.

(Incidentally, I have heard of the hot streaks of 3-pointers but haven't seen any of them, unless two in a row counts early in the season. My DVR won't record it unless I manually plan it, even when I set Season Record, and even then, it still doesn't always record it, even when I put it on top of my priorities list and have a DVR that can record 5 things at once. I can't replace it because I have too many things I want to keep on the one I have and I don't like switching back and forth between DVRs.

And even when it does record, I hardly have time to watch it, even in fast forward, unless I want to watch it at 2:30 in the morning before going to work at 7-8. Ugh, I'm getting home at 9-1030 every day now and the little time I have I want spent with my kids. I'm even typing this at work when I'm supposed to be working.)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't want to make a new thread, and Dieng could technically be a former Jazzman, since the Jazz drafted him. ;)

He had on a Utah Jazz hat for minutes.