• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The first 18

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unrelated....
Starling Martel suspended 80 games for PEDS.
Wow, that is a shocker. I thought they'd get Cutch for it several years ago.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots to like about tonight's game.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that is a shocker. I thought they'd get Cutch for it several years ago.

Marte getting himself suspended and Jung Ho Kang being stuck in Korea without a return visa is crippling to the Pirates offense.

I think the NL Central has a new contender in the race for the cellar.

Last edited:

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They claim they have the farm system to reload, so I will be curious. Kinda puts them in a tougher spot on the plan to deal Cutch. Maybe they pull the trigger on that now.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how I would evaluate Arroyo's performance last night. It was better no doubt, but he still gave up 3 runs in 5 innings. I believe if he went back out there in the 6th, there would have been more. Then again with this pitching staff 5 innings just giving up 3 runs is considered a good game.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how I would evaluate Arroyo's performance last night. It was better no doubt, but he still gave up 3 runs in 5 innings. I believe if he went back out there in the 6th, there would have been more. Then again with this pitching staff 5 innings just giving up 3 runs is considered a good game.

I think we're going to have to lower our standard of what we consider to be a quality start.

If the team has a chance to win after the starter departs, it will do. I guess that's the goal for any team's rotation, but the SP likes the W.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another scoreless 4 innings for the pen last night.

Has anyone else noticed Cody Reed hasn't allowed a hit yet this season. He's pitched much better in small sample sizes. Like to see him continue the trend into his Saturday start.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NLC is looking weaker than expected so far. A few years ago, I said the Astros move to the AL would cost the Reds wins, but not true these days. I thought the Pirates were fringy to start, but they look a lot more toothless without Marte The Korean Drunk Guy. Cardinals look iffy, but they seem to adjust better than most. Truthfully, the Cubs have little division competition, and I do t think they are urgent right now, but barring injuries, IMO, they just have too much talent to lose the NLC.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the brewers keep hitting like they are now they may be the surprise team. Braun and Thames. look like they may break the home run record before the A.S. break. If they could get a little pitching. and a lot better defense they might win a lot of games.

Now this is based on if Thames and the rest of those guys are for real.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cubs are the clear favorite to win the NL-C, but the rest of the division is separated by a thin margin.

The Brewers pitching improved last season and looks at least able to maintain a middle of the league status. That means the offense had better be able to pick up the slack. I like what their GM David Stearns has done to this point.

The Pirates were somewhat rebuilding and now find themselves with a shaky foundation with some missing pieces. A lot of young starters that may not be ready to succeed.... why does that sound familiar?

Oh Yeah...., that describes many of the Reds young starting pitching prospects also. But the Reds have structured their bullpen to allow for short outings from their SP by loading the BP with young starters. It's been an unofficial tandem starters to this point. The BP has been up to the task so far. The return of Homer may not be a plus, but Desclafani and Finnegan posting their 2016 second half production would really help this staff.

The Cardinals still have descent pitching, but have become a HR or bust offense. It's a far cry from the pulverizing hit machine offense we became accustomed to watching. I think they're no better than a .500 club that could slump into 4th place this season, but they do have a knack for rebounding when people start counting them out.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett starts tonight and he's due for a bad game. I'm sure the scouts have found something by now. I also think this is his 1st start at GABP in front of the home crowd. Hope he pitches well. You never know what to expect out of this pitching staff

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pffffft .... hamilton and peraza pretend they are afraid to stand up there and take 3 pitches.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really was impressed by the way Garrett worked out of those jams with out giving up a bunch of runs. I'm not sure anyone else on this staff right now could have done that. But the offense sucked.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really was impressed by the way Garrett worked out of those jams with out giving up a bunch of runs. I'm not sure anyone else on this staff right now could have done that. But the offense sucked.
Offenses tend to go to sleep against pitchers they haven't seen. Ubaldo has been in the AL for about 8 years and even though he sucked early on, a lot of pitchers are slow out of the gate. I think Reds "experts" overlooked that.
Garrett is showing maturity way in advance of his experience. He will get shut down eventually but that's not a problem. By then, the Reds will be in 3rd place. Still, there is a lot to like.
I don't understand the urgency that Hamilton and Peraza presume with their impatient at-bats. Peraza is swinging at crap now. Hamilton hasn't bunted in 20 months.
And Schebler needs to be fined.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schebler looks lost right now. Hit the ball hard on the ground right at the shift almost every at bat. the only time he didn't he made a bad bunt.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's safe to say Garrett is a keeper. He has some great stuff.