• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the final dominoes for conference realignment

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now everything hinges on wether or not mizzou is staying or going. They want out but i dont think they or they sec is 100% sold on a new beginning. If they stay that leaves 11 in the big12 who most certainly will have to add at least one more. Everyone from the east to the west in any sort of unstable situation wants in but who gets is still a mystery. I believe the big12 is hoping the big east explodes and the miraculously land ND but those chances seem slim at best.

In the meantime the big east is throwing around invites like an nba players seed on a road trip. Boise is interested but only if they make a western division that includes Af, houston, smu and one more mystery west team. Most likely candidate for this mystery team would be byu considering they just signed a 12 yr deal together to be each others rivals of the future. Byu wants to hold out for big12 but it doesnt look good for them. I think Af would only agree if byu could be pulled into the mix. Otherwise they'd be just as good staying put. I mean whats a few extra million in bcs revenue when you know the government can always grant more revenue to cover any operating losses.

So if mizzou stays in big 12 and big12 denies byu, who is the 12th? Louisville? And would louisville want to make that move away from big east basketball anyway. Say the whole western big east is successful in getting boise, byu, smu, houston, and airforce. Who then is the big east 6th western school? Do they shift louisville or cincy west? I cant help but think that would make louisville think twice about a big12 move. Unless they can somehow strong arm memphis in for a replacement with basketball cred. What's your other options for 12? Colorado state? Tulsa?

And what's SECs waiting game with mizzou about anyway? They hoping more shit to hit the fan next year and their options for cherry picking open up? Suppose the whole LHn goes bust in year one, and how many recruits would aTm have to steal in state just on the "play at home in the sec" argument before UTs position on joining the SEC might change.

Why the big12 wont just expand to 12 or more now and kill the big east off is beyond me?

This is how i see this might play out for the 2012 offseason. Until we start this expansion circus all over again.

SEC at 11, Big12 at 11 with mizzou staying, Big east west (byu*, AF*, boise*, smu, houston, memphis) big east east (louisville, cincy, usf, ucf, uconn, rutgers. *football only

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC is actually going to 16. They are planning on announcing Clemson, FSU, and Missouri all at once

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Louisville think twice about joining the B12 in basketball? They are a quality basketball conference with Texas, Kansas, Baylor, and OU typically ranked teams. Not sure why you think they'd need Memphis for more "cred" when they have plenty of cred as is.

Or maybe I'm reading this wrong. I think Louisville wants into the Big12, but I have no idea why they were turned down.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Louisville think twice about joining the B12 in basketball? They are a quality basketball conference with Texas, Kansas, Baylor, and OU typically ranked teams. Not sure why you think they'd need Memphis for more "cred" when they have plenty of cred as is.

Or maybe I'm reading this wrong. I think Louisville wants into the Big12, but I have no idea why they were turned down.

memphis adds more cred for them in basketball in the big east since loss of pitt cuse and wvu. Plus pitino even went public with his desire to add memphis and temple. I think nova has temple on lock down so dont see them getting back in so easily. Im also not saying big12 is not a decent basketball conference but think those in the big east like the cob slobbering it affords them from espn and other talking heads. Plus im not so sure louisville so eager to play all games in cst if they still have other viable options.