• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The experts say....

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was not that long ago, we had the no1 YOUNGEST roster.. and that certainly didn't do us any good either.

Truth is, we NEEDED this veteran presence. There is a lot lost in developing rookies when you don't have key players for them to come in and learn from. We are heading in the best direction that I've seen this team do since 2004 when we "FINALLY" went out and got the WR and DE we had needed so bad. We are missing some pieces still and need some depth - but this is one of the first times I can honestly see the team addressing what all of us see are the teams needs as well. Under Reid it was always - WTF? He was always ignoring one area, and working in another that wasn't even an area of need. Chip Kelly was creating holes faster than he filled others. This is a really nice change.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice he's usually wrong.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get those ratings. they all recognize the additions we made, and think we'll be a lot better. So, I think we'll finish in the top 12-15 teams.

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The development of Carson Wentz. It’s paramount to everything this franchise has done since Chip Kelly got whacked a year and a half ago. After a strong start last year, Wentz was less than mediocre (last 12 games: nine touchdowns, 13 picks) for the final three months of the season. The Eagles are convinced he’s better than that. Time to show that what EVP of football operations Howie Roseman paid for Wentz was worth it.

This is very true... the progression of Wentz this year is very important not only for this season but for the future. However less than mediocre performance later in the season has multiple factors. Lane Johnson being suspended, and the lack of quality receivers being the two most obvious ones.

I don't see us being at 23. Carson seems to be putting in the hard work this off season as well as seeking the help of a QB coach who has worked with some of the best QBs in the league. December in the NFC east could be very interesting with 3 of the 4 teams fighting for a playoff spot/win the division.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is very true... the progression of Wentz this year is very important not only for this season but for the future. However less than mediocre performance later in the season has multiple factors. Lane Johnson being suspended, and the lack of quality receivers being the two most obvious ones.

I don't see us being at 23. Carson seems to be putting in the hard work this off season as well as seeking the help of a QB coach who has worked with some of the best QBs in the league. December in the NFC east could be very interesting with 3 of the 4 teams fighting for a playoff spot/win the division.

Yeah I found that interesting as well. Its speculative and hopeful at this point to view Wentz as a great QB. The potential seems to be there and if he progresses the Eagles will be the better for it. But at this point its impossible to say.

Since 1980 there have been 20 QBs drafted #1 or #2.

#2S...
2012 Robert Griffin III QB Baylor Washington
1999 Donovan McNabb QB Syracuse Philadelphia
1998 Ryan Leaf QB Washington State San Diego
1993 Rick Mirer QB Notre Dame Seattle

#1s...
2012 Andrew Luck QB Stanford Indianapolis
2011 Cam Newton QB Auburn Carolina
2010 Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma St. Louis
2009 Matt Stafford QB Georgia Detroit
2005 Alex D. Smith QB Utah San Francisco
2004 Eli Manning QB Mississippi San Diego
2003 Carson Palmer QB USC Cincinnati
2002 David Carr QB Fresno State Houston
2001 Michael Vick QB Virginia Tech Atlanta
1999 Tim Couch QB Kentucky Cleveland

1998 Peyton Manning QB Tennessee Indianapolis
1993 Drew Bledsoe QB Washington State New England
1990 Jeff George QB Illinois Indianapolis
1989 Troy Aikman QB UCLA Dallas
1987 Vinny Testaverde QB Miami (FL) Tampa Bay
1983 John Elway QB Stanford Baltimore

Somewhere around a 60% success rate plus or minus a player or two.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More experts, this one on contracts, have Howie cutting two of the 7 worst deals in Free Agency last year.

The 30 Worst Signings of 2016 | Over the Cap

leave it to you to bring up anything you can find to criticize. Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it??

Seriously, this could have been posted by a DAL fan and we would have more respect for it.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More experts, this one on contracts, have Howie cutting two of the 7 worst deals in Free Agency last year.

The 30 Worst Signings of 2016 | Over the Cap

Curry is finally having a full offseason in a defense that fits him after Chip Kelly naively and ignorantly forced the 3-4 on a team with the personnel for a 4-3 and ended up with the worst defenses in the league.

Chase Daniel helped develop Carson Wentz and that is priceless.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase Daniel helped develop Carson Wentz and that is priceless.

I seriously doubt that Chase Daniel helped out Wentz very much. If he did, they were foolish to let him walk (and still pay him) and then pay more for Foles.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously doubt that Chase Daniel helped out Wentz very much. If he did, they were foolish to let him walk (and still pay him) and then pay more for Foles.

He served his purpose, so they were wise to let him go to sign a better backup. Strictly business.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He served his purpose, so they were wise to let him go to sign a better backup. Strictly business.

Cant see where you can have this both ways? Its unlikely that both the decision to sign him AND the decision to release him were both good. Necessary perhaps but far from optimal.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I give Howie kudos for doing a great job this list is utter bullshit. This list has the 49ers and Browns in the top 5. What moron really believes that shit?

Finally something you and I agree on...this list is BS.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wentz already got all he needed from him. They implemented the offense and Wentz was able to play week one without much camp. Most of his important work was from last May until September. Phase one is over and Daniel was a part of phase one. Now they wanted a backup with more game experience rather than more experience in the offense so they moved to Foles. Wentz learned fast.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz already got all he needed from him. They implemented the offense and Wentz was able to play week one without much camp. Most of his important work was from last May until September. Phase one is over and Daniel was a part of phase one. Now they wanted a backup with more game experience rather than more experience in the offense so they moved to Foles.

Exactly!

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz already got all he needed from him. They implemented the offense and Wentz was able to play week one without much camp. Most of his important work was from last May until September. Phase one is over and Daniel was a part of phase one. Now they wanted a backup with more game experience rather than more experience in the offense so they moved to Foles. Wentz learned fast.

If only that were true. It's more accurate to say that Daniel is a career backup with an ego so big he thinks he should start in this league and only came to Philly when he thought he had a fair chance to beat Bradford out of the starting job. Daniel got screwed over by the drafting of Wentz and thrust into a role he neither wanted nor was suited for. His private whining and usefulness in the QB room led to his exit after one year after a huge payday for doing virtually nothing.

The Eagles clearly didn't value his contribution as they let him walk despite already getting paid for this year. By contrast, John Defilippo was prevented from taking another job. It seems clear from those actions that the Eagle's assessment was that Defilippo was important to Wentz and Daniel was not.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only that were true. It's more accurate to say that Daniel is a career backup with an ego so big he thinks he should start in this league and only came to Philly when he thought he had a fair chance to beat Bradford out of the starting job. Daniel got screwed over by the drafting of Wentz and thrust into a role he neither wanted nor was suited for. His private whining and usefulness in the QB room led to his exit after one year after a huge payday for doing virtually nothing.

On this I have to ask where you heard this. I am not saying it is not true and the argument maks sense but your comment about whining leads one to believe there was locker roome dissention and I am curious if there is any truth to it.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On this I have to ask where you heard this. I am not saying it is not true and the argument maks sense but your comment about whining leads one to believe there was locker roome dissention and I am curious if there is any truth to it.

Admittedly mostly supposition on my part based on the facts that Defilippo is here and Daniel is not. It's very strange to pay Daniel what they are paying him and then letting him walk. Add in the fact that he was picked up to compete with Bradford rather than mentor a rookie and it seems like the mostly likely scenario.