• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Disappearance Of Vernon Davis

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the reason for the disappearance of Vernon Davis is that Kaepernick cannot use the middle of the field effectively yet. As I recall, his early passes to Davis were corner and crossing routes to the outside as were all his passes to Crabtree and Walker. He cannot see the middle of the field yet where Davis does all his work.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imo its on roman for not finding ways to get vernon involved.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imo its on roman for not finding ways to get vernon involved.

I'm certain that's not it. Its Kaepernick being uncomfortable with the middle of the field. He never throws there.

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about that laser Kap thew to Crabtree in the NE game? Can't get any more in the middle than that?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
omg what happened to him? Has the SFPD been notified?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about that laser Kap thew to Crabtree in the NE game? Can't get any more in the middle than that?

That is the one exception I was thinking about. That was a great throw. But he still missed the fact that there was double coverage on that throw.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Kap also had another nice laser to Crabtree in the Cardinals game yesterday right across the middle of the defense. Davis gets 2 weeks to rest his head and Kap will get more time to work with him. Playoff teams will focus more on taking Crabtree away as an option which will hopefully open things up for Davis and the rest of the remaining receivers to get the ball.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap also had another nice laser to Crabtree in the Cardinals game yesterday right across the middle of the defense. Davis gets 2 weeks to rest his head and Kap will get more time to work with him. Playoff teams will focus more on taking Crabtree away as an option which will hopefully open things up for Davis and the rest of the remaining receivers to get the ball.

9 out of 10 of Kaepernick's throws are to the outside. I think he depends on his arm too much instead of learning to read the middle of the field for where the Safeties will be. Thus the resurgence of Crabtree.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say his disappearance is due to his poor hands. He usually lets the ball get into his body or jumps/skips to cradle ball with his arms. His poor hands make it difficult for him to catch the ball in tight coverage.

However, Walker has stone hands and he has been productive.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say his disappearance is due to his poor hands. He usually lets the ball get into his body or jumps/skips to cradle ball with his arms. His poor hands make it difficult for him to catch the ball in tight coverage.

Walker has been productive only on passes to the outside (The ones he manges to hang on to that is). When is the last time you saw a pass to Davis that wasn't a dump off?

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Walker has been productive only on passes to the outside (The ones he manges to hang on to that is). When is the last time you saw a pass to Davis that wasn't a dump off?

They tried to hit him deep twice in New England. I remember one was over the middle, and the other I think was around the hash marks so I'm not sure how you'd define that. Both were near misses, and I honestly thought Vernon could have made a better effort on at least the first attempt.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They tried to hit him deep twice in New England. I remember one was over the middle, and the other I think was around the hash marks so I'm not sure how you'd define that. Both were near misses, and I honestly thought Vernon could have made a better effort on at least the first attempt.

Same here!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've heard others say that too but I disagree. He went after it but it was a poor throw to a wide open receiver.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This.

Anyone remember the very first pass CK threw to Vernon? VD didn't skip, jump, or hop, and the ball bounced right off his chest.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty confident that VD will play a big role in the playoffs. Crabtree is going to get a lot of attention which means VD goes off.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
9 out of 10 of Kaepernick's throws are to the outside. I think he depends on his arm too much instead of learning to read the middle of the field for where the Safeties will be. Thus the resurgence of Crabtree.

It's pretty tough to criticize him for failing to learn seven starts in. It's pretty typical for coaches to try to divide the field for a young QB. And it's not like Davis was having a career year before Smith got hurt. He started hot, at least in terms of TDs, but cooled significantly after the first three games. He's cooled even more since Kap got in there, no doubt, but I think it's at least as much on the coaching staff to work this out. He's too valuable a weapon not to use in the playoffs.