• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Diehard Breakdown: The Buffalo Bulls

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#5 Seed WVU will face #12 Seed Buffalo in Columbus, Ohio

The Buffalo Bulls, a member of the Mid American Conference finishes the season 2nd in the League & Conference Tournament Champions with a 23-9 record. Head Coach: Bobby Hurley. Quality Non-Conference wins: South Dakota State (23-10) 69-67

Notables:

Buffalo has: 10 road wins this season, tops in the Mid American Conference; averages 12 TO per/game; Sports the Leading Rebounder in the conference at 9.1 per game/Justin Moss; has won 8 in a row.

Analysis: Not exactly an easy draw for WVU but certainly a game the Mountaineers should win. 6-7 240lb Justin Moss is trouble in the middle averaging 17.7 PPG & 9.1 rebounds per game. Shannon Evans and Jarryn Skeete are the 3 point shooters averaging 4 per game between them. The Bulls will turn it over and only go 8 deep.

Keys to the Mountaineer Victory:

They didn't print those Press Virginia shirts for nothing--40 minutes of Full Court pressure. I don't think the Bulls have seen the kind of pressure WVU brings. Feed Devin Williams inside early and often in an effort to attack Moss and get fouls. 2nd chance points--WV needs to attack the glass and get 18+ offensive rebounds.

Final Score Prediction: WVU 81 Buffalo 71

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see how Gary and Wanny look coming back from injury. If both players are mobile and performing at a high level, WVU can run its trap. If they cannot go at it like before, WVU will likely play as they did in their absence.

I like WVU to win by double digits or more if they come out aggressively and get after the ball. When they play with great energy, they are a hard team to beat. One nice trend, the kids have really been shooting well at season's end.

CoolBeans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly did not see us getting a 5 seed, but I liked it. Buffalo will be a test with an RPI around 30-ish. I watched some MAC conference basketball this season, living close to Ohio University. I think WVU will need to FOCUS on help defense. MAC conference teams I noticed this season tended to give up some dribble drive focusing on defending the three. Buffalo did not do this but their OPPONENTS did. I see Hugs formula being successful here, with or without Staton.