• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Dez PG "experiment"

feedingfrenzy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Allen were healthy, MD needs a second strong PG seeing how stacked the ACC is this year - and Dez Wells for all his skills, isn't the guy to run point. Getting Roddy Peters some serious PT during the easier OOC schedule is a must regardless of Allen's status. Wells is a godsend to this team, but Turge needs to let Wells excel in off-the-ball mode and needs to get Peters the game experience now. Start Peters at PG, play him for as long as he's not killing ya, and use Wells/Faust and Ram to spell him only as necessary until Allen gets back in game mode. Peters has the skills, he lacks the experience - and Wells at PG is killing Wells as the go-to guy. Giving Peters his trial-by-fire now and getting Wells in his offensive groove now will pay bigger dividends when it counts (when conference ball starts).
Disagree? Let's hear it.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct. Roddy will do a good job at point considering he is a freshman. He is more of a point guard than Seth Allen is. You can see when he is on the court he gets the ball to guys in the correct position better than anyone else. The rest of our guys struggle to make entry passes.

cam1001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%. I was thinking this when I saw Dez first starting there and I was scratching my head wondering why they don't give the ball the highly touted PG they recruited. And why does Cleare always start over Mitchell? I just don't get Turgeon.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleare and Mitchell are getting about equal time so who starts doesn't matter. Shaq is the better defender and Mitchell is better offensively right now. Both need to develop so we need both playing.

Roddy is showing he has the skill to be a good PG but just has to get better at this level like most freshman.

feedingfrenzy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ cam
It's funny that Turge was doing the opposite with Cleare when this thread started - giving Cleare PT experience while letting Wells run point in place of Peters, who needed the experience. Looks like Peters has shown enough defensive presence to go with his offensive skills to convince Turge to give him the starting nod. MD would have lost the BC game if Wells was still primary PG.
Unfortunately, Mitchell will give up 3+ inches to every center in the ACC - so while I admire his grit and energy playing out of position, MD's gonna have a year-long hole in the middle unless Cleare really steps it up. don't know what Dodd did (or didn't do) but he's seen zero floor time lately. He's another guy that will only improve with PT, and now that its cupcake season, he should be seeing time. Of course, Graham's play may be the reason Dodd's minutes are being squeezed.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard Coach say on his show the last two weeks he has to find more time for Graham.