• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Devin Booker hype thread

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched him last night against my Pistons (okay, the first half) and I have to assume it was his worst game of the season. He looked completely average while the rest of his team was made to look like all stars by the Pistons.

Pistons doubled him on every screen and roll, looked like it was their game plan to take him out of the game and they did. I'll take the win over 1 player's stats though. Bledsoe took over down the stretch, he's been our most consistent/clutch player hands down.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by nearly 2 years

You mean less than 1.5 years....then yes you are correct.

However you put it... age matters, especially years 1-3 in the NBA. We could compare Booker's year this year to LaVine's LAST year if you want to measure it more accurately. If you want to take a guy that's in his 3rd year over someone in his 2nd (reminder we're fucking less than a month into this season) then you go for it, lol.

I didn't make this to compare him to anyone btw, just think he's an amazing talent that is doing things that your typical teen doesn't do (at the time this was created he was a teen).

1,000 points scored as a teen... only Kobe, Durant, LeBron & Melo have done that.

Does he need to improve in certain areas of his game? Fuck yes.

But look at someone like Klay at age 20. What was he up to?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However you put it... age matters, especially years 1-3 in the NBA. We could compare Booker's year this year to LaVine's LAST year if you want to measure it more accurately. If you want to take a guy that's in his 3rd year over someone in his 2nd (reminder we're fucking less than a month into this season) then you go for it, lol.

I didn't make this to compare him to anyone btw, just think he's an amazing talent that is doing things that your typical teen doesn't do (at the time this was created he was a teen).

1,000 points scored as a teen... only Kobe, Durant, LeBron & Melo have done that.

Does he need to improve in certain areas of his game? Fuck yes.

But look at someone like Klay at age 20. What was he up to?

I didn't make the comparisons. You and Derski randomly brought up Wiggins(as if I care). Granted your point on Wiggins was accurate, his bordered on psychotic(taking Booker over Wiggins).

I just then brought up LaVine as another comp right now. It's hard to say someone is a superstar in the making if he isn't outperforming a 3rd wheel.

And you could use Lavine stats last year. I'm willing to bet Zachs when he started and played his natural position are considerably better. He's more efficient.

But like I said I'm just saying "meh" the unproven hype. The potential is there. But the guy is being touted as a star already. I'd like to see a lot more before I'm involved in any big time talks on a kid.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't make the comparisons. You and Derski randomly brought up Wiggins(as if I care). Granted your point on Wiggins was accurate, his bordered on psychotic(taking Booker over Wiggins).

I just then brought up LaVine as another comp right now. It's hard to say someone is a superstar in the making if he isn't outperforming a 3rd wheel.

And you could use Lavine stats last year. I'm willing to bet Zachs when he started and played his natural position are considerably better. He's more efficient.

But like I said I'm just saying "meh" the unproven hype. The potential is there. But the guy is being touted as a star already. I'd like to see a lot more before I'm involved in any big time talks on a kid.

Fair enough. To be clear I don't think he's a star yet, but if he stays on the right track he will get there in the next couple years.

He's a scoring machine with the ability to create for others. In order to make the leap he just needs to be consistent and improve defensively (which he gradually has been doing). I normally try not to be a homer when judging my favorite team's players and can be a pessimist often, but I see something in him that I haven't seen in a young Suns player since Amare in his first couple years. Completely different types of players obviously, but that killer attitude is there.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched him live last night.

Potential star still

But LOL at the current hype. He can streakily score in bunches, that's about it right now. Did have one nice crafty bank shot though.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched him live last night.

Potential star still

But LOL at the current hype. He can streakily score in bunches, that's about it right now. Did have one nice crafty bank shot though.

He's recently started to put up more well-rounded stat lines and his FG% is rising after his shooting slump he went through early. He will get 5-6 assists per game once in his prime (assuming he's the primary ball handler, whereas now they are using him so, so wrong just having him sit on the wing or corner, negating his playmaking ability. THANKS WATSON)

His defense looks better, has some mental lapses here and there, but he's showing he's more committed to that end of the court, using some of the muscle he put on this offseason to help.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's 20 years old.

Man, him TJ Warren, Quese and sometimes Bender give me hope for our future.

Just wish Watson wasn't a tard and played Bender more.
I'm kinda pissed Watson has basically said F U to Dudley. What is that about? He hasn't played in like five or six straight games.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes very young but a promising skillset for such a young player. He needs to learn how to use his dribbles better. Much the way James does. James isnt the fastest player in the world but he knows how to run a good rhtym and has some decent dribbles. Developing finesse early on like James would go a long way for him, his speed will decline. All that being said hes got a long career ahead of him if he can stay focused. He can shoot, and shooters can play in this league for a very long time somewhere.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After these 2 games in Mexico City, I think Booker would like to play all 41 home games here.

39 again

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you think its psychotic to say booker over wiggins?

id prob rather have wiggins to be honest--- i think its close- but i think booker is certainly an arguable position-

i dont think its "psychotic" to favor either one.

i guess the thing is thus far everyone has kinda been dissapointed with wiggins defense- even if that isnt fair at age 21 (he will be 22 next month).

i put Booker - if not in the first tier of great young players- right at the top of the 2nd tier...and wiggins i probably put at the back end of the first tier or the very very top of the 2nd tier...

first tier- if you look at my list of best under 25 years old--- guys like Towns, Davis, Embiid, Kyrie, Giannis, Parker etc....are disgustingly good....

Wiggins deserves to be in that first tier- but has underperformed a little bit in my book...

i dunno

basically- if i had to pick between the two id prob take wiggins- but its close and id have to think long and hard about it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kinda pissed Watson has basically said F U to Dudley. What is that about? He hasn't played in like five or six straight games.
seriosuyl.....at least keep dudley going as trade bait...i think a ton of teams would love to get a hold of that guy to be a rotation player.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After these 2 games in Mexico City, I think Booker would like to play all 41 home games here.

39 again

Kawhi was guarding him most of the game and he got in foul trouble early. Not an easy 39. Kid is one of the few bright spots along with Warren.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think its psychotic to say booker over wiggins?

id prob rather have wiggins to be honest--- i think its close- but i think booker is certainly an arguable position-

i dont think its "psychotic" to favor either one.

i guess the thing is thus far everyone has kinda been dissapointed with wiggins defense- even if that isnt fair at age 21 (he will be 22 next month).

i put Booker - if not in the first tier of great young players- right at the top of the 2nd tier...and wiggins i probably put at the back end of the first tier or the very very top of the 2nd tier...

first tier- if you look at my list of best under 25 years old--- guys like Towns, Davis, Embiid, Kyrie, Giannis, Parker etc....are disgustingly good....

Wiggins deserves to be in that first tier- but has underperformed a little bit in my book...

i dunno

basically- if i had to pick between the two id prob take wiggins- but its close and id have to think long and hard about it.

I think it's too early to say you'd take one or the other, let them both develop and see where they go. I think Booker has more potential, if you just watch what he's done the last couple nights you'd see why I'd take Book over Wiggins, but again, it's way too early to go with one or the other. Book's still in his 1st full season as a starter and only 20... not too many 20 year olds can say they've scored 39 against Pop and Kawhi.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's too early to say you'd take one or the other, let them both develop and see where they go. I think Booker has more potential, if you just watch what he's done the last couple nights you'd see why I'd take Book over Wiggins, but again, it's way too early to go with one or the other. Book's still in his 1st full season as a starter and only 20... not too many 20 year olds can say they've scored 39 against Pop and Kawhi.
its not 20 years old....but Kyrie did drop 57 @ San Antonio at the age of 22......

thats Kawhi lunging for the game tying 3....

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booker went off on the second half and hit the buzzer beater game winner tonight. 15 straight 20+ point games ties Sir Charles Barkley for second in team history.