• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Devin Booker hype thread

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booker is a monster, but Laker fans should be excitied. Walton has this team playing well, despite limited contributions from their most talented player (Ingram).

I just hope for the sake of the franchise he does not put winning today ahead of development. I have noticed Russell and Ingram's minute totals have been pretty low. IMO, Russell should be playing minutes in the mid 30s and Ingram should be in the mid to high 20s.

Russell, Randle, and Clarkson are the top 3 in minutes played. No one is averaging more than 28 mpg. I think Walton keeps it that way. Given the high pace style of play, Luke wants to keep players fresh. He's not limiting the youth's minutes trying to squeeze out victories by playing the veterans heavy minutes. The youth have been integral to the success so far and have been on the court late in the game. It's certainly not comparable to Scott's rotations last season.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't a Lakers development thread.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But as long as you want to speak about the Lakers, Russell looked pretty terrible last night. The comparisons between him and Booker need to officially die.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't a Lakers development thread.
fb3.jpg

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booker never looks like he doesn't want to be there. I've seen multiple games where Russell looks uninterested and unmotivated.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booker never looks like he doesn't want to be there. I've seen multiple games where Russell looks uninterested and unmotivated.

Last season, everyone on the team was. This year the team chemistry is amazing.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just saying if GMs of the other 28 teams had to pick Booker or Russell probably all 28 would pick Booker.

Yeah possibly. What's your point?

Booker fits the suns like Russell fits the Lakers.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that's missing at this point for Booker to be an All-star level player right now is decent defense. Right now his offense off-sets a lot of his defense, but he needs to become a better net + player to take that leap for me.

Offensively, he's as polished a player at his age that we've seen in a while. He knows his strengths and plays to it. He just needs to learn positioning on defense.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that's missing at this point for Booker to be an All-star level player right now is decent defense. Right now his offense off-sets a lot of his defense, but he needs to become a better net + player to take that leap for me.

Offensively, he's as polished a player at his age that we've seen in a while. He knows his strengths and plays to it. He just needs to learn positioning on defense.

He's definitely looks better defensively this year, he added some muscle this offseason so strength hasn't been an issue, he just needs to lock in throughout the game, has a mental lapse here and there but when he's locked in he's shown some flashes of defensive ability. He has a ways to go, but he could become a plus defender as he matures.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booker is a monster, but Laker fans should be excitied. Walton has this team playing well, despite limited contributions from their most talented player (Ingram).

I just hope for the sake of the franchise he does not put winning today ahead of development. I have noticed Russell and Ingram's minute totals have been pretty low. IMO, Russell should be playing minutes in the mid 30s and Ingram should be in the mid to high 20s.
I wouldn't call Ingram the most talented player on the roster. He is still very green and needs more meat on them puny legs and arms of his. I don't expect him to be relevant til next year but Russell and Randle are balling. Clarkson and Lance were really nice pick ups as well.