• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Devin Booker hype thread

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kid is going to be a star. Just setting this up for the entire season, I'll keep it updated with gifs of him destroying people's ankles and draining threes from 35 feet away.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always liked Booker's game. I think he was severely underutilized at Kentucky and he is a future star for sure.

I am thinking more Ray Allen like production though, and probably not a true elite player. I just don't see him ever becoming a two way star. His defense will surely improve, but pretty much all of his value is coming from the offensive end.

Despite his defensive limitations, I think it possible that he is on everybod's top 5 SG list by season's end,

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give it a few years and he'll be a top 10 player.

And hopefully Mitch will sort out a trade for him for Nick Young or something :D

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always liked Booker's game. I think he was severely underutilized at Kentucky and he is a future star for sure.

I am thinking more Ray Allen like production though, and probably not a true elite player. I just don't see him ever becoming a two way star. His defense will surely improve, but pretty much all of his value is coming from the offensive end.

Despite his defensive limitations, I think it possible that he is on everybod's top 5 SG list by season's end,

I think the Ray Allen comparisons are pretty accurate. I remember during the draft that I wanted him the most out of the players that were projected to us - until I saw Winslow was still available. I could see him being a multiple all-star player.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the end of last Season, I am officially....

th

I love me some Ulis too.

If Bender or Chriss pan out, The SUns will have a pretty nifty little youth movement going.

Gotta get rid of Bledsoe or Knight, for a asset, and let Booker go full tilt.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich man's Klay Thompson some day

slow down.

Klay is an elite defender. Booker is really bad defensively. Booker probably will be a better offensive player, but not likely to be as good all around without a ton of improvement defensively.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
slow down.

Klay is an elite defender. Booker is really bad defensively. Booker probably will be a better offensive player, but not likely to be as good all around without a ton of improvement defensively.

Book was 18 years old playing on a real bad defensive team last year, especially with all the injuries, I think he will only get better and he's dedicated to proving people wrong on that end. He's still growing and putting on some muscle, let's remember where Klay was at this age… still at Wazzu defending college guards.

I do agree he has a ways to go defensively and like the Ray Allen comp (for now) until he proves otherwise. I think it's too early to judge a rookie in a season like last year especially (coaching change, didn't play the first couple months)

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
slow down.

Poor man's Reggie Miller?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Book was 18 years old playing on a real bad defensive team last year, especially with all the injuries, I think he will only get better and he's dedicated to proving people wrong on that end. He's still growing and putting on some muscle, let's remember where Klay was at this age… still at Wazzu defending college guards.

I do agree he has a ways to go defensively and like the Ray Allen comp (for now) until he proves otherwise. I think it's too early to judge a rookie in a season like last year especially (coaching change, didn't play the first couple months)

Kid's got swag.

I'm going Reggie Miller....lol

Or

Alan Houston.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid's got swag.

I'm going Reggie Miller....lol

Or

Alan Houston.

I know Many will disagree with this, but here goes anyway.

Obviously Klay Thompson will need to keep playing at his current level or better for a long time to be recognized as the superior player, but, He has a greater impact on the game than either Reggie or Ray Ray ever did. His ability to space the floor along with his fantastic perimeter defense make him the ideal SG to pair with a dominant offensive player. As great as Reggie and Ray were, they did not have the same defensive impact.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Many will disagree with this, but here goes anyway.

Obviously Klay Thompson will need to keep playing at his current level or better for a long time to be recognized as the superior player, but, He has a greater impact on the game than either Reggie or Ray Ray ever did. His ability to space the floor along with his fantastic perimeter defense make him the ideal SG to pair with a dominant offensive player. As great as Reggie and Ray were, they did not have the same defensive impact.

Agree.

Which is the same thing you said about a still very young Booker.

That's why I went with two guys that were great shooters. But, kinda mailed it in, most of the time, on the other end of the floor.

* in before anyone mentions Reggie's 8 pts in 9 seconds....

He pushed off like a mofo on that steal....lol

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to Booker, I think he has the potential to be better than Ray Allen once he reaches his prime...He'll be an All-Star for years to come, but I just don't see it happening this year...As tlance I believe had alluded to, he needs to impact the game in other ways beside scoring. Still will have just turned 20 on opening day.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

* in before anyone mentions Reggie's 8 pts in 9 seconds....

He pushed off like a mofo on that steal....lol

Disagree. It's the equivalent to and NFL defensive back getting his feet tangled up with a WR...Just incidental contact.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to Booker, I think he has the potential to be better than Ray Allen once he reaches his prime...He'll be an All-Star for years to come, but I just don't see it happening this year...As tlance I believe had alluded to, he needs to impact the game in other ways beside scoring. Still will have just turned 20 on opening day.

Fair enough, I agree with you in the sense that his biggest leap won't be THIS year, but I think he's going to show some more flashes this season of what he will become soon. Consistency will be the key, as well as not letting all the hype get to his head at just 19, almost 20 years old.