• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Delusional World of Nick Saban

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could give a rat's ass if the guy is from West Virginia!!...He has clearly in his mind reached some kind of God Complex...or has just lost his mind altogether!..

His comments on Barnett asking to transfer out...

“I played so long ago I don’t think anybody even knew you could transfer. I don’t think they knew anything about it. It’s one of those things where I think the culture has changed a little bit. There’s certain pride people have in competition. There’s certain things I was taught growing up about not quitting and seeing things through. I think if I’d come home and told my dad that I was going to quit the team, I think he’d have kicked me out of the house. “

If my memory serves me didn't he get a transfer by the name of Jake Coker to come in and win him a NC?...Didn't he QUIT on the Dolphins?... Michigan State?..or .LSU?...

UN FRIGGIN BELIEVABLE!

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could give a rat's ass if the guy is from West Virginia!!...He has clearly in his mind reached some kind of God Complex...or has just lost his mind altogether!..

His comments on Barnett asking to transfer out...

“I played so long ago I don’t think anybody even knew you could transfer. I don’t think they knew anything about it. It’s one of those things where I think the culture has changed a little bit. There’s certain pride people have in competition. There’s certain things I was taught growing up about not quitting and seeing things through. I think if I’d come home and told my dad that I was going to quit the team, I think he’d have kicked me out of the house. “

If my memory serves me didn't he get a transfer by the name of Jake Coker to come in and win him a NC?...Didn't he QUIT on the Dolphins?... Michigan State?..or .LSU?...

UN FRIGGIN BELIEVABLE!
“I played so long ago I don’t think anybody even knew you could transfer. I don’t think they knew anything about it. It’s one of those things where I think the culture has changed a little bit
I think Nick is blowing smoke here. I played 3 years behind him (1972) and we all knew the rules. Back when Potomac State was a pretty good JUCO football school, we all knew that you could do 2 years at Pot State and then go anywhere, but if you left after one year you were going to have to sit out a year.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Nick is blowing smoke here. I played 3 years behind him (1972) and we all knew the rules. Back when Potomac State was a pretty good JUCO football school, we all knew that you could do 2 years at Pot State and then go anywhere, but if you left after one year you were going to have to sit out a year.

It's just kind of mindblowing that he would make irrational comments about a kid "Quitting". Its all self serving...if his QB where to go down now he is shy of a back up QB..

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a difference between staying on as a backup and getting a chance to play somewhere else. Kids go to Alabama as a stepping stone to the pros. If they don't get on the field, they can never get a chance to be seen by the pros.

Good point on Coker, we have Grier. The same thing happened to us when Ford Childress left. the team loses some depth, but a kid get another chance to pursue their dream.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a difference between staying on as a backup and getting a chance to play somewhere else. Kids go to Alabama as a stepping stone to the pros. If they don't get on the field, they can never get a chance to be seen by the pros.

Good point on Coker, we have Grier. The same thing happened to us when Ford Childress left. the team loses some depth, but a kid get another chance to pursue their dream.

The issue here is that it happens to be a 5 star commit. Probably looks bad to other high end recruits that no matter what your rating is you may sit the bench...this isn't the first one BTW the super star 4 star talent out of Newport News transferred out...and it appears to be a trend happening down there that I am sure has got him concerned..

Former five-star cornerback Kendall Sheffield will transfer

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue here is that it happens to be a 5 star commit. Probably looks bad to other high end recruits that no matter what your rating is you may sit the bench...this isn't the first one BTW the super star 4 star talent out of Newport News transferred out...and it appears to be a trend happening down there that I am sure has got him concerned..

Former five-star cornerback Kendall Sheffield will transfer

and there is more...

Alabama Wide Receiver Daylon Charlot Announces Transfer

Former Alabama lineman Charles Baldwin now practicing at KU

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the kids going where they will be able to play, I also get the appeal of trying to be the next guy to make it big at Alabama or Ohio State. BUT I never understood the kids going to sit on Woody or Bear's bench, or never even see the stadium on game day when they could be playing at many schools!!

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the kids going where they will be able to play, I also get the appeal of trying to be the next guy to make it big at Alabama or Ohio State. BUT I never understood the kids going to sit on Woody or Bear's bench, or never even see the stadium on game day when they could be playing at many schools!!
Totally agree with you on this one, Poppy. I feel it goes back to what James Harrison said about his kid getting a 'participation trophy'. He gave the trophy back. We have moved from teaching kids winning and losing in a form of a game to teaching them to try your best and you will still be rewarded, win or lose. Life is not this way. For some of these kids, I think the ability to say "I played for Nick Saban on 'Bama's 20XX National Championship team" is similar to getting the participation trophy. While I do believe in the mercy rule of running the clock in high school, that is about the only rule I can think of that I support. I think you should keep score in flag football for 4-5-6 year olds and T-ball. For some of these players in college, I think it takes them a year to figure out that there are 3 or 4 guys better than them. When you are a Freshman, you always think you are the man until you find yourself on the practice team, being a bag hero, showing the starters the opponent's offense or defense.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree with you on this one, Poppy. I feel it goes back to what James Harrison said about his kid getting a 'participation trophy'. He gave the trophy back. We have moved from teaching kids winning and losing in a form of a game to teaching them to try your best and you will still be rewarded, win or lose. Life is not this way. For some of these kids, I think the ability to say "I played for Nick Saban on 'Bama's 20XX National Championship team" is similar to getting the participation trophy. While I do believe in the mercy rule of running the clock in high school, that is about the only rule I can think of that I support. I think you should keep score in flag football for 4-5-6 year olds and T-ball. For some of these players in college, I think it takes them a year to figure out that there are 3 or 4 guys better than them. When you are a Freshman, you always think you are the man until you find yourself on the practice team, being a bag hero, showing the starters the opponent's offense or defense.
The whole notion of not keeping score, etc is ridiculous, I think it is so the parents don't get butt hurt because their kid is lousy, the kids damn sure know what the score is!!!! We agree, Mad, we need to remember today!!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do a horrible job of teaching young people the feeling of "disappointment" which in my opinion leads to not teaching them the value of working harder for better results. We are to afraid of hurting kids feelings that we are stunting their growth and failing to teach them leadership traits that will help them in all aspects of life.