• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Degenerate Gambler Talk Thread ....

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If the Sixers win, they get No. 3. Milwaukee's situation is more complicated. The Bucks probably want to finish No. 7, meaning they'd get the Celtics in Round 1 and keep their first-round pick (headed to Phoenix unless it lands Nos. 11-16). That can't happen if they win, confirming their spot at No. 6. But even if the Bucks lose, losses by the Heat and Wizards would keep Milwaukee at No. 6 anyway. Plus, a loss combined with Miami and Washington wins drops the Bucks to No. 8."

So I would say it is a lock for Milwaukee to lose the game. They can't in good consciousness lose their first round pick when they are unlikely to get a better seed anyway. And they could still get the better seat if things online. There's no reason for them to win today. Philadelphia obviously wants to win to secure the third spot. (I think they play at the same time, so they can't really wait to see the matchups.) Obviously, this has nothing to do with whether Cleveland will win tonight (probable), but that basically assures Cleveland the fourth seed because Milwaukee has to beat the Sixers in order for the Cavaliers to claim the third seed.

And this obviousness is why there is no place on SportsHoopla a bet on this. I would say this is more obvious than the best team versus the worst team because they're always can be upset. But there's actual motivation for the losing team to lose and they may not lose their best case scenario in doing so.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If the Sixers win, they get No. 3. Milwaukee's situation is more complicated. The Bucks probably want to finish No. 7, meaning they'd get the Celtics in Round 1 and keep their first-round pick (headed to Phoenix unless it lands Nos. 11-16). That can't happen if they win, confirming their spot at No. 6. But even if the Bucks lose, losses by the Heat and Wizards would keep Milwaukee at No. 6 anyway. Plus, a loss combined with Miami and Washington wins drops the Bucks to No. 8."

So I would say it is a lock for Milwaukee to lose the game. They can't in good consciousness lose their first round pick when they are unlikely to get a better seed anyway. And they could still get the better seat if things online. There's no reason for them to win today. Philadelphia obviously wants to win to secure the third spot. (I think they play at the same time, so they can't really wait to see the matchups.) Obviously, this has nothing to do with whether Cleveland will win tonight (probable), but that basically assures Cleveland the fourth seed because Milwaukee has to beat the Sixers in order for the Cavaliers to claim the third seed.

And this obviousness is why there is no place on SportsHoopla a bet on this. I would say this is more obvious than the best team versus the worst team because they're always can be upset. But there's actual motivation for the losing team to lose and they may not lose their best case scenario in doing so.
make a bet in the betting exchange, and if u wanted a bet u should of requested it the night before

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
make a bet in the betting exchange, and if u wanted a bet u should of requested it the night before

Oops, it may have come out the wrong way. I wasn't complaining. I was poking fun of the obviousness of my observation. But thanks for letting me know how because in the future there may be something I want to bet on.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops, it may have come out the wrong way. I wasn't complaining. I was poking fun of the obviousness of my observation. But thanks for letting me know how because in the future there may be something I want to bet on.
lol no problem:suds:

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,818.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won a few bets last night. Put more up today hopefully have the same results

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,771.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody is jealous.......LMAO.

MikeMed

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,090.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CAVS +5.5

I was able to get the early line at 5.5 from my book......Line has dropped a full point since.....I actually think the Cavs will be mentally tough enough tonight to give a full fledged effort throughout.......Not sure they will win outright but I really do see a close game here......I think Lebron has another huge game but tonight I think he will get the help he has been looking for in a team effort......I think the Cavs as a whole will have a strong night from 3..............Well I am putting myself out there but what the hell.

Good luck tonight fellas