• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The decommits have begun..

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see where the fallout lands.. I for one wouldn't mind picking up a few 5*s for my Gators! :dhd:

Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy 2018 shooting guard Anfernee Simonsdecommitted from Louisville on Wednesday following the news that head coach Rick Pitino was placed on administrative leave. The 6-foot-3, 165-pound five-star had been committed to the Cardinals since last November. 247Sports' Andrew Slater is now reporting that Florida and Vanderbilt should be considered the early leaders for Simons following his decommitment

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were after that 5* Nassir Little. He fits the mold on what we expect. His measurables are just like Mamoudou Diarra though, a kid we already signed last year. So I know we're already gonna groom him into something special.

Chances are if these high profile kids still have the opportunity to play, they'll be ineligible from the jump.

But our last "top recruit" was Lance Stephenson back in 2009, and we turn out just fine. One and done players aren't for us anyways.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were after that 5* Nassir Little. He fits the mold on what we expect. His measurables are just like Mamoudou Diarra though, a kid we already signed last year. So I know we're already gonna groom him into something special.

Chances are if these high profile kids still have the opportunity to play, they'll be ineligible from the jump.

But our last "top recruit" was Lance Stephenson back in 2009, and we turn out just fine. One and done players aren't for us anyways.
we don't typically go after the one and done kids.. not saying it doesn't happen here and there but.. i would like to make another final 4 appearance.. it's been a year or two..

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After the smoke clears, Little may not even be eligible to play college basketball.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see where the fallout lands.. I for one wouldn't mind picking up a few 5*s for my Gators! :dhd:

Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy 2018 shooting guard Anfernee Simonsdecommitted from Louisville on Wednesday following the news that head coach Rick Pitino was placed on administrative leave. The 6-foot-3, 165-pound five-star had been committed to the Cardinals since last November. 247Sports' Andrew Slater is now reporting that Florida and Vanderbilt should be considered the early leaders for Simons following his decommitment
Buckeye HC Chris Holtmann better be on the plane with Coach Meyer scoping out IMG palyers.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am assuming and maybe incorrectly that the kids who accepted payouts will be ineligible to play period? also, My next ? will be will they reveal who the athletes are?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey slick Rick, do yourself a favor and send some of those decommits on over to your son.

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize how this is going to sound coming from a UK fan but... I don't know I would want to touch any of the kids that were previously committed just to be safe.

I know we're talking a specific few involved in the FBI case but at this point, one can't be too careful in my opinion.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize how this is going to sound coming from a UK fan but... I don't know I would want to touch any of the kids that were previously committed just to be safe.

I know we're talking a specific few involved in the FBI case but at this point, one can't be too careful in my opinion.

All it will take is a connection to any of this and a team's whole program could be reduced to Boston College in an instant.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All it will take is a connection to any of this and a team's whole program could be reduced to Boston College in an instant.

A fate that is even worse than receiving the death penalty.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma State had a player decommit yesterday. 4* Antwann Jones

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am assuming and maybe incorrectly that the kids who accepted payouts will be ineligible to play period? also, My next ? will be will they reveal who the athletes are?
Any kids found to have accepted money, or their family accepted money on their behalf are indeed ineligible. Playing those kids now would create chaos.

Problem is, this is the legal system, not the NCAA investigation branch. The FBI isn't in any hurry to name more than they have already arrested until further cases are completed and that isn't very likely before the start of this season. I'm sure the NCAA is inquiring who these kids are, but the feds have no incentive to care what impact holding those names out now would do to the sport.

They released what they did now and arrested the people they had to turn the page and begin the longer process of getting the public to turn in information and begin flipping those charged (and those at risk of charges) to keep building a deeper case. It took them a couple of years to even get to this point. Any idea that there will be substantial resolutions to further charges before the start of basketball season this year would be badly misplaced IMO.

There will most certainly be a huge cloud over this season. I'd be quite surprised if we don't face the dreaded 'vacated wins' posthumously. You can't suspend/disqualify kids you don't have names for and likely the list of kids caught up in this will grow over the coming months as the case moves forward. This could impact more than one season.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any kids found to have accepted money, or their family accepted money on their behalf are indeed ineligible. Playing those kids now would create chaos.

Problem is, this is the legal system, not the NCAA investigation branch. The FBI isn't in any hurry to name more than they have already arrested until further cases are completed and that isn't very likely before the start of this season. I'm sure the NCAA is inquiring who these kids are, but the feds have no incentive to care what impact holding those names out now would do to the sport.

They released what they did now and arrested the people they had to turn the page and begin the longer process of getting the public to turn in information and begin flipping those charged (and those at risk of charges) to keep building a deeper case. It took them a couple of years to even get to this point. Any idea that there will be substantial resolutions to further charges before the start of basketball season this year would be badly misplaced IMO.

There will most certainly be a huge cloud over this season. I'd be quite surprised if we don't face the dreaded 'vacated wins' posthumously. You can't suspend/disqualify kids you don't have names for and likely the list of kids caught up in this will grow over the coming months as the case moves forward. This could impact more than one season.
Well then that sets up every school out there to possibly get an ineligible player because if we/they don't know who they are if the FBI isnt talking.. the new/different school would have no idea they took $$$.. how does that work?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then that sets up every school out there to possibly get an ineligible player because if we/they don't know who they are if the FBI isnt talking.. the new/different school would have no idea they took $$$.. how does that work?
That's why this is the biggest cluster fuck since the 50's point shaving scandal.

NCAA doesn't care, and can't care if the institution had any way of knowing one of their players was ineligible.

You'd have to ask how many kids active in college basketball right now are involved to know how screwed the results are going to be. Are we talking a dozen? Two dozen? More? Many of the top programs are potentially screwed. The tournament this year will be a joke. March Madness is going to be more March mildly miffed.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Bowen should go ahead and withdraw from school and go to the G-League. There isn't a one-and-done rule for that. He's not going to play a second of college basketball.

Its either that, or go to Europe. Europe is probably the better option, in all honesty.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking News: The entire Louisville basketball program transfers