• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The curse of the #4 draft slot

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out the article from NBC Sports.com

White Sox looking to break the curse, as the last 20 years of No. 4 picks have produced just one All Star

Now of course this is nothing but sheer coincidence, but it's amazing how relatively unsuccessful the careers have been for those taken with the 4th pick. Ryan Zimmerman has been the lone all star in the past 20 years from this slot. Statistically speaking, this is practically unbelievable. Just goes to show that the draft is far from an exact science. But I say let's bust that trend with a big time pick today who will be wearing the black and white within 2-3 years.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know nothing about any of these guy getting drafted but like what I hear about the guy they drafted.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know nothing about any of these guy getting drafted but like what I hear about the guy they drafted.
Ditto. Madrigal was my top choice, glad to see he lasted until it was our turn. Best on base player in the draft.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't buy into curses. lol. Just random dumb luck that 19 of 20 have busted.

I like Madrigal

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who moves to third or do we not expect Anderson to still be here? Moncada and Madrigal will be in the middle.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who moves to third or do we not expect Anderson to still be here? Moncada and Madrigal will be in the middle.
Right now that is an open question and should remain so for at least another two years. Perhaps Anderson could either slide over to third or the outfield, but I suspect his days at short are numbered. He simply makes too many errors and I'm not sure if he'll ever be a high average hitter, altho he's doing a decent job at going yard and swiping bases. We'll just have to wait and see.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hard to say where Anderson will be at in his progression this time next season. He's getting better in his weak areas. Less K's, more BB's... etc... His power is also more consistent and he's become better with his base stealing technique.

So long as he keeps trending upward, I'd stick with him. If he plateaus... it could be Moncada/Madrigal in the middle. There's also a big handful of FA's at 3B coming up. Donaldson, Arenado, Moustakas and if he makes it past the deadline... Machado. I think we may go that route.