• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Cousins Wilbury

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some quick fun. Now that the majority of the Traveling Wiburys have passed let's pretend their long lost cousins come out to create an album, who are your five and what is the name of the album. Can't use the two remaining Wibury's and these are the cousins.

1. Bruce Springsteen
2. Jackson Browne
3. Niel Young
4. Bob Seger
5. Van Morrison

Album Name: Voices From Beyond Our Realm

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some quick fun. Now that the majority of the Traveling Wiburys have passed let's pretend their long lost cousins come out to create an album, who are your five and what is the name of the album. Can't use the two remaining Wibury's and these are the cousins.

1. Bruce Springsteen
2. Jackson Browne
3. Niel Young
4. Bob Seger
5. Van Morrison

Solid list. Don't know who I would change out and would definitely buy the album.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Simon would be a nice addition...along with...

John Fogerty
Derek Trucks
Willie Nelson
Tom Waits
John Prine
Bob Weir
???

HM: Warren Zevon
Good list Sir I considered Waits and I am a huge Warren Zevon fan how he is not in the rock and roll HOF boggles my mind

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Springsteen is garbage

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Bruce Springsteen
2. Jackson Browne
3. Niel Young
4. Bob Seger
5. Van Morrison

I'd leave off Neil Young & Van Morrison and replace them with John Fogerty & Cactus Moser. I like the name you chose for the album, though.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd leave off Neil Young & Van Morrison and replace them with John Fogerty & Cactus Moser. I like the name you chose for the album, though.
Thanks

Not familiar with Cactus Moser? Good song writer I was shooting for great song writers.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks

Not familiar with Cactus Moser? Good song writer I was shooting for great song writers.

Cactus Moser is a Nashville-area musician who I got to know when I lived in that area. He is one of the most awesome drummers that I have ever seen perform in a live venue. I've also seen him perform lead and back-up vocals with a group of professional musicians who used to get together occasionally for shows. He is currently married to Wynonna Judd & a member of her band.

He is not nearly as famous as the musicians who were already 'nominated', but every decent band needs a good drummer. I don't know if he is a songwriter, though.

You nominated some great acts, but, even though I am a Neil Young fan, I didn't feel like his musical leanings would mesh that well with the others you listed. I liked yoga~~surfing's idea of Willie Nelson, though. He might actually fit in better than John Fogerty.

I swapped out Van Morrison because, with the exception of "Brown Eyed Girl," I've never been a fan of his songs.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cactus Moser is a Nashville-area musician who I got to know when I lived in that area. He is one of the most awesome drummers that I have ever seen perform in a live venue. I've also seen him perform lead and back-up vocals with a group of professional musicians who used to get together occasionally for shows. He is currently married to Wynonna Judd & a member of her band.

He is not nearly as famous as the musicians who were already 'nominated', but every decent band needs a good drummer. I don't know if he is a songwriter, though.

You nominated some great acts, but, even though I am a Neil Young fan, I didn't feel like his musical leanings would mesh that well with the others you listed. I liked yoga~~surfing's idea of Willie Nelson, though. He might actually fit in better than John Fogerty.

I swapped out Van Morrison because, with the exception of "Brown Eyed Girl," I've never been a fan of his songs.

Ohh Dude Into the Mystic is a fantastic song and there are others I like a lot by Van Morrison. I tried to get a nice mix of different song writing styles with the train of thought they would use studio musicians.

I was never a country music fan but I understand the importance of having some country music in my library.

Little side story, I could never stand Lynard Skynard, still don't like them to this day with a few exceptions, but I am a big fan of The Allman Brothers. My best friend swears up and down their music is one and the same his train of thought being if I like one I should like the other. Point being I always found Skynard a little to country for me where as I find The Allman bothers a little more Blusey. He still gets pissed to this day when this conversation takes place.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never a big Lynnard Skynnard fan, either; but I grew to really like "Sweet Home, Alabama" over the years. Always liked the Allman Brothers. They definitely aren't interchangeable.

And don't put limits on Cactus Moser. He may play for a country-leaning act, but he can rock out with the best of them. The outfit he used to play with did rock, R&B, country and bluesy Americana with equal gusto.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never a big Lynnard Skynnard fan, either; but I grew to really like "Sweet Home, Alabama" over the years. Always liked the Allman Brothers. They definitely aren't interchangeable.

And don't put limits on Cactus Moser. He may play for a country-leaning act, but he can rock out with the best of them. The outfit he used to play with did rock, R&B, country and bluesy Americana with equal gusto.
Ohh I was not trying to dismiss him in anyway, shape or form, not my intent. I am not at all familiar with him so it would be impossible for me to do so.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's a need for any British influence, as there was with the original TW's, maybe Eric Clapton, Steve Winwood +/or Peter Gabriel would work out as co-collaborators.

A lot of Claptons recent albums are blues based that would work and I like Peter Gabriel a but weird for this though I might think. I love the Melt album

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Kay would be a cool addition.

John Kay would be an interesting suggestion... maybe add a little edge & some raspy vocals to the ensemble. Never would have thought of him.

Eric Clapton, I'm not sure of. He's mellowed out so much since his Derek & the Dominoes days.